Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

Now I'm leaning toward the tours again. Which ones?

2. Registered User

I have done many years of looking at all those companies for my IEMs and the only two that I stumble upon in terms of value for money is Alien Ears and 1964ears. I was going to settle on Alien Ears BUT.. I have read many horror stories with Alien ears on how their customer services is some what poo!.

So my advice to you? 1964ears quads. You will not regret it AT ALL
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ocdrums View Post
    I have done many years of looking at all those companies for my IEMs and the only two that I stumble upon in terms of value for money is Alien Ears and 1964ears. I was going to settle on Alien Ears BUT.. I have read many horror stories with Alien ears on how their customer services is some what poo!.

So my advice to you? 1964ears quads. You will not regret it AT ALL
    Thank you, have you ever had the alclairs? How do they compare?

4. Registered User

Alclair has a church discount, and 1964 has a really waiting list to even get an application for a church discount

5. Masterworks / Sabian

Hi,

I have an opportunity through the network to get a discount on AlClair's.

Can anyone with experience with this brand give any feedback, good and/or bad?

Looking at the Spire or CMVK's.

Thanks.

DandF
    DrumandFly

Piano Black BLX
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ighlight=Piano
    Would consider selling. Have two kits. 22/10/12/13/14/16F/14S and 22/14/18F. PM Me.

Gibraltar GPR-1000 Rack ("Powerhouse") for sale. PM me.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Hi, I have an opportunity through the network to get a discount on AlClair's. Can anyone with experience with this brand give any feedback, good and/or bad? Looking at the Spire or CMVK's. Thanks. DandF
    they are great, I love them

7. Registered User

Aclair's have really stepped up and are extremely competitive on the market. 1964ears (now 63Audio) have gotten a bit too gimmicky in trying to raise the bar with all their model. I also think that Getting rid of the standard quad model that they use to offer was a bad move (The VI V6 Stage). They have hiked they prices too which I think is poo too.

GO with Aclair!
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

8. Registered User

Also worth checking out CTM monitors
    Buddy Rich

9. Registered User

Hi all,

I second the earlier post about UE, I have two pairs with them, and they are both amazing. When I upgraded to my UERM Reference monitors, I actually had to work with them for a few months over fit issues, and every single time they were so good at recommending tweaks and using new impressions to get the perfect fit. This is so important with customs, and that support and service is worth the extra cost IMO.

They also reshelled my older pair of UE4 for no charge once we got the updated fit right...

Good luck!