Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Registered User

So far my all-time favorite was a 20" Sabian Hand Hammered Jazz Ride. It just seemed to fit perfectly into anything, and sounded great both live, and in recordings. Really nice classic sounding bell, good stick definition with a dark wash, but it was thin enough that it really woke up when crashed with none of the gong like tones of thicker rides. It was just a great all around cymbal that could do the work of 2 or 3 different cymbals! Unfortunately I sold it years ago when I wasn't really playing and needed the cash.

I'm currently playing a 21" Sabian AA Dry Ride which is a really nice cymbal, but it just doesn't have the versatility that I had become accustomed to with the Jazz Ride. As soon as I can save up some cash I plan to find another one.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Styles View Post
    20" K Custom Dark. Accept no substitutes.
    I just grabbed a K Custom Dark 20 and that cymbal can make anything possible!

3. Music Lover

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerDawg91 View Post
    Sabian AA Bash Ride 21. Best ride I've ever owned. Very versatile, sounds great when used as a ride and when crashed and wash riding. And the raw bell really cuts through and has a great sound.
    I totally agree. I reacquired mine recently and used it on a gig last weekend. It is one fine musical instrument. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex Saturn (snare, bass drums, and toms); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AA, AAX, and XS20 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army