Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 1141
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    Unreal. One of my fave drummers and tunes.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. life start at 125bpm

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

3. life start at 125bpm

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

4. life start at 125bpm

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

5. Playing since 1976

I'm listening to (and watching) the 2008 Modern Drummer Festival. I'm disappointed this one slipped right by me... Todd Sucherman, Derek Roddy, Gavin Harrison, Will Calhoun, Thomas Pridgen, Simon Phillips, and more... a wide variety of music. You can see a lot of in on YouTube of course, or pick it up on Amazon for only $14.99. Mine came today, and I was surprised to find 4 DVDs AND a nice T-Shirt, size L.... wasn't expecting that!

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Drumme...n+drummer+2008
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I'm listening to (and watching) the 2008 Modern Drummer Festival. I'm disappointed this one slipped right by me... Todd Sucherman, Derek Roddy, Gavin Harrison, Will Calhoun, Thomas Pridgen, Simon Phillips, and more... a wide variety of music. You can see a lot of in on YouTube of course, or pick it up on Amazon for only $14.99. Mine came today, and I was surprised to find 4 DVDs AND a nice T-Shirt, size L.... wasn't expecting that!

https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Drumme...n+drummer+2008
    Thank goodness you told us what size t-shirt you received!
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Registered User

8. life start at 125bpm

curiously,i've never been into toto at all after all these years drumming,listening to music......; and now,for some reasons,i'm all about learning on jeff porcaro.watching its vids nearly everyday.....for some reasons i can't point out lol
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

9. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Holy *****, I thought I was the only Wildhearts fan on here! You should see my Wildhearts & related CD collection. In my mind, Ginger is both the greatest & most unheralded songwriter of the last 30 years. It's good to know there's another fan on here.
    The Wildhearts are my most seen live band. Love them. Was just at the 25th anniversary show for Earth Vs this past Dec (and at the 20th 5 years ago). I've been fortunate enough to have seen them at least 7 times (that I have ticket stubs for, but I think it's closer to ten in reality; just turning up to gigs they played in London and paying on the door - sometimes not even paying at all, just absconding into the venue on at least one occasion). I've also been fortunate to see all three of Earth Vs, Fishing and PHUQ played live in full - Earth Vs in 2013 and 2018, Fishing in 2017 and PHUQ in 2015. They live in my top five bands of all time, and have done unwaveringly since i first saw them live in 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Dudes!!! I’ve never listened to a second of the Wildhearts but these tunes are AMAZING. Poppy harmonies and hooks but hard-driving British rock n’ roll at the same time. Crushed that I missed them over all these years.

Any good place to start? Specific album?
    Earth Vs (1993, reissued in 1994 with additional track)
    Fishing For Luckies (1994 6 track fan club only edition, reissued 1995 with additional tracks, reissued again in 1996 with more tracks)
    P.H.U.Q. (1995)

These three are the epitome of what the Wilhearts are/were to me growing up. They's so incredibly important to me. Once you've digested those, definitely go back and look at 'Don't Be Happy... Just Worry' from 1992, a double EP mini album.

As Mike said, Ginger is one of under appreciated song writers of our time. Poor chap has had a troubled life, and it's criminal he hasn't had the recognition he so rightly deserves.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

10. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Unreal. One of my fave drummers and tunes.
    Agree. GH is one of fave drummers ever, and is up there with British counterparts Craig Blundell and Steve White as one of the best educators in the business. Saw him in clinic once (2010/11 I think) and would love to see him do one again

PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

11. The Hardware Guy

Karen had one of the most beautiful female voices ever. Absolutely stunning.

PICSPICS 2

12. life start at 125bpm

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's