Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 50 of 321 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit Chat

1. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    Dark Knight set the bar for not just comic book movies, but action/hero movies in general. It was awesome, period.

Both Wolverine films were flat-out terrible, like Attack of the Clones terrible. I only read (past tense) Spiderman, Punisher and Batman comics, never followed X-men. I liked the first two films and thought the third was below average. Captain America isn't an interesting character to me but aside from that, the first film was forgettable and the second was poor. The same goes for "Amazing Spiderman" one and two. X-men: First Class was ok, and DOFP was ok. The focus on Wolverine is too much since I don't really like Hugh Jackman as the character.

In the world of comic book films I put three at the top: Dark Knight, V for Vendetta and the Watchmen/Batman Begins.
    Yeah I would actually go so far as to say Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are to Comic Book movies as Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back are to Sci Fi movies. Obviously Star Wars has been around longer and had a greater impact on film but in both cases the first film shook up the genre and established a new level of excellence and then the second film exceeded that standard and blew away any other film from the genre before or since.

I never understood with the X-Men movies why they felt the need to jump around so much and mix all the characters together. I assume it was just a $$$ thing and they wanted as much Wolverine as possible. I would have started at the beginning of the group in the 1960s with the old school costumes and Professor X with Cyclops, Jean, Beast (as a human), Iceman and Angel (with real wings). Make people wait for Wolverine until the second film.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MattFace View Post
    So I think my neighbor just gave me these...

Attachment 480481

I was just talking to the guy, turns out he plays and he saw UPS deliver my Visions and said "Hey, see if you like these pedals I haven't used them in a year."
    That nice but also kinda dodgy. Surely he would've heard you playing before?

3. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by opus138 View Post
    The first Tobey Maguire Spiderman was ok. It was a bit overly campy/cheesy, but I thought it was a good summer-type film. The second in that series was much better I thought, though I got tired of the whole oh geez, MJ's in trouble and screaming thing. Now, Spiderman 3? An absolute abomination and I cannot believe they made that. A travesty of a film.
    Thinking back to the classic cartoon, Spiderman has really always been campy/cheesy.
    Last edited by nik12; 03-25-2015 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Hypocrisy

4. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nik12 View Post
    Thinking back to the classic cartoon, Spiderman has really always been campy/cheesy.
    I can't say I'd ever seen it.

What I did see was styling one's hair all emo-like illustrates one has turned evil. And causes one to suddenly have the Bee Gees' Stayin' Alive stuck in one's head leading to strutting down the street....

GOD, that movie was ****ing AWFUL!

5. Is this Illidan?

Nik... the gifs... the pain... You're dead to me now!

6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gord The Drummer View Post
    Nik... the gifs... the pain... You're dead to me now!
    Never forget.

7. Registered Face

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post

That nice but also kinda dodgy. Surely he would've heard you playing before?
    Not my direct next door neighbor he lives across the street, my drums are in a room under ground so there's no sound bleed out of the front of the house just the back. I'm sure he didn't just give them away, I'm thinking he's trying to sell them to me and is letting me try first. And Nik I'm not the original owner but my uncle (who gifted me the truck) was the original owner.
    My Vision VBX is Concord Fade, there are many like it but this one is mine.

14" x 5" natural maple free floater

8. Unban nik12

So, I broke my china pretty badly a few weeks ago, and yesterday, one of my cymbal stands became dysfunctional, so at my show on Saturday, I'm going to be playing this setup. The quality isn't the best, but I'm using hihats, my 20" crash and my 22" Sand Ride only. I usually have an 18" crash and 18" china, but since I'm low on gas and money, I'm not going to bother rushing to get stuff fixed and repaired.

I'm excited, I haven't used this setup in a while.

I'll get better pictures on Saturday!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Banned

D'aww, Derek took down all my pretty moving pictures.

10. Banned

D'aww, Derek took down all my pretty moving pictures.
    But we can use animated gifs as our avatars, right?

Surely we can, afterall pointing out the whole avatar thing was the straw that broke the camels back leading to our 1-week banning? I mean, we were emphatically told that animation in the thread is bad, while animated avatars were A-OK.

So animated avatars are ok, right?

Attachment 480512

NOPE!

11. Banned

But the avatars are in a thread.

12. Banned

But the avatars are in a thread.
    Shush. This is no time for logic.

Let's be clear about this:

Animated avatars, which show up in a thread where, per PDF rules, animated pictures are impermissible, are perfectly acceptable in spite of the fact that one cannot actually upload animated avatars, and even though animated avatars, which are not a no-no, are right there in threads and per PDF rules animated pictures within a thread are not allowed, animated avatars, which cannot be uploaded, are ok.

Got it?
    Last edited by opus138; 03-25-2015 at 02:57 PM.