Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jdtdrums View Post
    Just switched my shells out after a long time away due to stepping away from playing. Well now I'm back and man, this 6.5 brass drum is a dream to play. I've always loved the sharpness of a piccolo but this drum changed my mind completely!
    For my 6.5, I have the brass, steel, and maple shells. I have the maple shell only for my 3.5". I love them all, and the piccolo is a great drum, surprisingly versatile for its size, I love it when it fits the music.

The 6.5 is my favorite though, it works for everything. And out of the 3, the brass shell is my favorite. It's the one I keep coming back to. I try the others from time to time, or use them if the song needs it for recording, but for everyday use, I go back to the brass. A truly amazing drum! I know where you are coming from!

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    For my 6.5, I have the brass, steel, and maple shells. I have the maple shell only for my 3.5". I love them all, and the piccolo is a great drum, surprisingly versatile for its size, I love it when it fits the music. The 6.5 is my favorite though, it works for everything. And out of the 3, the brass shell is my favorite. It's the one I keep coming back to. I try the others from time to time, or use them if the song needs it for recording, but for everyday use, I go back to the brass. A truly amazing drum! I know where you are coming from!
    Yes right?! It just had that tone that is warmer than steel but still cuts! I feel bad for my steel shell just sitting there lonely....I may have to buy some hardware for it! Lol

3. Registered User

I have been looking for another 6.5" chassis for mine as well. They used be readily available, until now that I am looking for one. Go figure!

4. Oi!

I had a free floater years ago, a maple piccolo. I sold it and have regretted it since. A few months ago, "my" music store had a rep from the Swedish general agent for Pearl/Sabian in store, and there were deals to be made. I bought the Maple/Mahogany. It has a full, focused sound, but is still loud enough. Love it! Got it together with a Sabian 18" HH Chinese for around 650$.

5. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by IMF1 View Post
    Just scored this rare Pearl Japanese market-only aluminum snare. Model FCA 1458. It's a cast aluminum free floating 14 x 5.8" (yes 5.8) snare. 10 lug free floating aluminum with superhoops top and bottom. Nice hardware too - it's got the SR-1000 click lock strainer
    Attachment 498087
    Attachment 498088
    Attachment 498089
    Scroll back to post #103, I posted the flyer for this snare - might be of interest to you since you own the drum now.
    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by IMF1 View Post
    Just scored this rare Pearl Japanese market-only aluminum snare. Model FCA 1458. It's a cast aluminum free floating 14 x 5.8" (yes 5.8) snare. 10 lug free floating aluminum with superhoops top and bottom. Nice hardware too - it's got the SR-1000 click lock strainer
    Nice snare. I occasionally check Amazon Japan to see what interesting items are available in the Japanese market.

Although you can't purchase them from a Pearl distributor in Japan, if Amazon stocks it, they will usually ship it anywhere in the world. They also use Global Priority so the stuff I've purchased arrives in 2-3 days.

MM
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Nice snare. I occasionally check Amazon Japan to see what interesting items are available in the Japanese market.

Although you can't purchase them from a Pearl distributor in Japan, if Amazon stocks it, they will usually ship it anywhere in the world. They also use Global Priority so the stuff I've purchased arrives in 2-3 days.

MM
    Is that shipping cost high?
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Is that shipping cost high?
    Yes, it's a little over $100 for shipping a heavy snare by Amazon Global Priority.
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT