Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Should I do Drum Corps?

I'm 17 and a junior in high school. I love marching band and have always been interested in trying out for a drum corps, but I'm kind of on the fence about it. I usually have a couple weeks during the summer that I do other things, like go on a trip with my church or go on vacation with my family. I don't know if there are any corps that allow you to miss a week ( I would pick one week of the summer to do something) but I don't want to try out and then make it and not be able to do some of the other stuff I always plan for summer. I know that being in a corps is an awesome experience, and most people would probably tell me to just skip the other stuff but that is really important to me, too. Basically, my question is this: Do drum corps allow you to miss one week of June or July?
    (P.S. I play cymbals but have started practicing snare and bass as well. I really want to play snare)
    Thanks for your time!

2. Registered drum user

I don't know anything about drum corps, but I'm wondering would you be able to talk to the band director about scheduling?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Pearl SMX Marine Blue Fade (outdoor pictures)
    Pearl Limited Edition Burl Mahogany Snare
    Vintage 60s Ludwig snare restoration
    Sabian cymbals and Vic Firth sticks