Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    With the gong drum mounted overtop the 2nd floor tom, I was able to reach it with both hands comfortably. In the "third" position, I would only be able to strike it with my right hand. I just don't have that much twist inside me LOL. In my next set up, I want to set the gong drum above and in between the two floor toms. That would make it even easier for me to play it. That will force me to move my ride up over toms and put my x-hats more over the floor toms... but I think I will like that more. Watching players like Todd Sucherman and Dennis Chambers convinced me to give that setup a try.
    Thanks for the insights. I moved the gong bass a little closer to me to reach it easier. I was looking at a few pics of your last Masterworks to see where you had in reference to your 16x15 floor tom. It does look like it is in a comfortable position. Although I will have to rearrange some cymbals, I will probably try that it in that position when I get tired of rotating. I look forward to seeing your next kit. Thanks again Matt!
    Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series: 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x5 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 20x14 | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama High Octobans

2. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by pearlreference7101 View Post
    I could have so much fun on that kit.
    Well if you are ever in the area . . .
    Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series: 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x5 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 20x14 | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama High Octobans

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    Thanks for the insights. I moved the gong bass a little closer to me to reach it easier. I was looking at a few pics of your last Masterworks to see where you had in reference to your 16x15 floor tom. It does look like it is in a comfortable position. Although I will have to rearrange some cymbals, I will probably try that it in that position when I get tired of rotating. I look forward to seeing your next kit. Thanks again Matt!
    It's a tough decision, because the drum takes up so much space. If I put the gong drum where I propose, I will lose valuable real estate that could be used to mount cymbals. I will likely mount a crash on each side of it. Another option is to have the gong drum to the left of my hi hat, but then it won't be in line with the rest of the big drums... ahhh silly issues to mull over LOL

Your kit looks really great! It makes me look at my e-kit in disgust HAHAHA
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE