Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Touch Too Much!

I had been playing just snare in school for a few years before I got the kit. I don't remember the size of any of the drums but they were probably the same. I got the FT before the Camber 2 Cymbal and then hats also with Camber 2 cymbals. That was a long time ago! You remember all of the details I probably never knew; ie sizes etc. The Kent Kit got me started.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nova; 12-31-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    It's a lot better than what I started with. Where are all of the young drummers that should be showing their cool first kits? I started with a Kent like this; from Montgomery Wards; only Red Sparkle (after a Ludwig snare drum) and added a matching Slingerland FT and a Camber 2 Cymbal and a hi hat. Note the luxurious hardware! Played it night and day and got told to stop often and they finally sold it and sent me to military school.
    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I began on a three piece E.W. Kent kit in red sparkle manufactured in Kenmore, NY. 14x5 snare, 20" kick and 12" tom (no floor tom) a set of early 70's zildjian 14" old avedis hi-hats and a 20" ride with rivets in it.
    Too funny guys. I just saw this thread. And I was like "hey! That's what I started on" Here's a picture from early 1982 after I got this kit for Christmas 1981. No Hihat for the first six months. 20" kick drum, 12" tom, snare and a 12" crash/splash cymbal
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jeff Wald Masterworks Artisan: Red Bubinga Burstwith Gold Hardware