Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 160 of 350 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,909 to 1,920 of 4190
  1. Away From The World

You guys have baseball, we have cricket. The World Cup is currently on in NZ and Australia and last night was a semi final between NZ and South Africa, that NZ won to make the final for the first time ever. To draw a baseball comparison the game came down to the wire, like bases loaded and needing a home run to win the game, which NZ did. Amazing how sport lifts our nations psyche, and even business productivity increases after results like this. So not much sleep last night but I feel great!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

2. Bad Girlfriend

Congrats Mike!
    13 days until baseball starts the 2015 season. I watched a spring training game with the Dodgers and Diamondbacks last night. We like each other so much that 4 of their pitchers got ejected for hitting our batters. We beat them 7 to 4 but it doesn't count.

Also the Dodgers signed a Cuban infielder for $62 million dollars plus a $28 million dollar signing bonus. I could live on that!
    He's Hector Olivera and he's suppose to be a power hitter and good infielder.
    Last edited by nova; 03-24-2015 at 06:55 PM.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

3. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    13 days until baseball starts the 2015 season. I watched a spring training game with the Dodgers and Diamondbacks last night. We like each other so much that 4 of their pitchers got ejected for hitting our batters. We beat them 7 to 4 but it doesn't count.

Also the Dodgers signed a Cuban infielder for $62 million dollars plus a $28 million dollar signing bonus. I could live on that!
    He's Hector Olivera and he's suppose to be a power hitter and good infielder.
    when we had a pro rank team in MTL i was a big fan . i'm now a CARDS fan just for the sake of having my fetiche team lolll.

from a pure sport fan point of view , i got the most fun out of it when i was travelling with dad in the east US states to see college football teams in the fall season .

i still like doing things myself, bicycle and ski being my major training providers . the bike season is about to start, spring skiing about to end . was a beautiful -1 today, fresh air never tasted as sweet.

last rides of the year.

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. Banned

Ugh, Helly Hansen.

5. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by nik12 View Post
    Ugh, Helly Hansen.
    LOL...i love helly stuff.straight cut, no bling.each his own.

in fact i'm gonna get me another one not later than this week. found an enigma jacket same color. fluo forever here haha!

are you into ski fashion LOL??
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    LOL...i love helly stuff.straight cut, no bling.each his own.
    in fact i'm gonna get me another one not later than this week. found an enigma jacket same color. fluo forever here haha!
    are you into ski fashion LOL??
    I actually have nothing against HH, just giving you a hard time. I have an HH base-layer, the "Dry" one (poly-pro maybe?), which I use when being active outdoors in the winter as opposed to my heavy-weight Ice Breaker merino base which is saved for lounging and sleeping outdoors in the winter. HH seems to make good quality outerwear, just more than I'd like to pay for it. Granted all outerwear and "adventure" wear (Marmot, Mammut, Merrell, Mountain Hardware, OR, TNF, Columbia, Arc'teryx, etc) costs more than I'd like to pay. With typical costs at >$60 a shirt and >$90 for pants, I feel like I'm wearing high-fashion as I scramble through mud and dense brush.

I'm not so much into ski fashion as I am into outdoors/adventure wear. Between spring/summer/fall backpacking, year-round camping, ice climbing in the winter, and (especially) travel I try to find brands that fill the needs for those activities.

7. life start at 125bpm

I actually have nothing against HH, just giving you a hard time. I have an HH base-layer, the "Dry" one (poly-pro maybe?), which I use when being active outdoors in the winter as opposed to my heavy-weight Ice Breaker merino base which is saved for lounging and sleeping outdoors in the winter. HH seems to make good quality outerwear, just more than I'd like to pay for it. Granted all outerwear and "adventure" wear (Marmot, Mammut, Merrell, Mountain Hardware, OR, TNF, Columbia, Arc'teryx, etc) costs more than I'd like to pay. With typical costs at >$60 a shirt and >$90 for pants, I feel like I'm wearing high-fashion as I scramble through mud and dense brush.

I'm not so much into ski fashion as I am into outdoors/adventure wear. Between spring/summer/fall backpacking, year-round camping, ice climbing in the winter, and (especially) travel I try to find brands that fill the needs for those activities.
    yep,helly stuff is maybe overpriced i agree...i mean, 850$ is asked for an enigma jacket which is their 2014 top of the line helly tech pro ski jacket .4 ways extensible, ttaped seams, H2flow ,recco system blablabla....what i like is they fit tight ( don't like loosy jackets) and are very warm + no unneccessary bling bling. plenty of pockets and very lightweight.

same with my boots. got a great deal on a pair of full tilt seth morrison boots, which reunite the best of both world I.E race, and high mountain riding ; very,very stiff, very, very warm.

been pretty cold this year up there, and i use to ski non stop for like 4-5-6 hours straight with just a half hour break, so boots and jacket has to keep me warm.

i see a lot of spyder and karbon ski jackets-pants, but they're as highly priced as helly hansen.

the trick for me is there',s a store specialized into buying liquidation stocks from the past year ,so i pay much less....the enigma jacket i'm gonna get is half price, so a good deal for me anyways . i need solid gear ,i kind of exagerate on my stuff a lot,it's not money pitched out the window to me.

on another note i have an eye on this house which is further north (20 minutes away from where i live now) at a very low price, much lower than city evaluation grid. huge land comes with it, there's apple trees and even a pear tree.....it's a little more lost in the bush but the house has three story which would give me 2000 square feet of living quarters .

hmmmmmmm...decision,decision.

Last edited by rollracer; 03-25-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

8. Banned

I also don't skimp on my winter gear and especially not on my mountaineering and ice climbing gear. 50 feet up a frozen waterfall is no place to be concerned with frostbitten fingers and 22 hours into three day winter climb up a mountain is not the time to develop hypothermia. That's just the wear, not including the rigging, tools, and gear. Luckily, I've yet to pay out for a good jacket as I earned a nice parka from work and my Antarctica expedition provided a surprisingly-well built complimentary 3-in-1 jacket. Outside of rigging which is a long drawn out expense, boots have been a major cost item and I didn't get much choice for them. In Southern Ontario it seems the only place to buy mountaineering/ice climbing boots is MEC, and even their stock is limited (and only stocked at the downtown TO location which I'm no fan of). One of the Ontario/Quebec outdoor stores has been liquidating their previous year's stock of winter wear (outerwear and thermals) for months now, but still can't find any deals that get my crank turning. Sadly, I don't know of any liquidation places that stock reputable outdoor gear.

I'm more forgiving on three-season wear because, as mentioned, it's going to get dirty, rubbed and smashed into rocks and tress, and imbued with essence de Nik. I splurged on some Royal Robbins pants ($75ish) because they're made from something tough, yet stretchy. The latter makes a world of difference when scrambling about and you need to bring your foot up near your face.

9. Chomp, Chomp

My winter gear consists of a couple leather jackets, neither of which I got a chance to wear this year, and some zip up hoodies. I think we had three or four days where it didn't reach 70. Right now it's in the low 80's. I had to attend a wedding on Sunday and wear a suit, which crimped my style a bit. My regular regalia consists of shorts or jeans and a t shirt. If I'm playing golf, I'll wear a collared shirt. Oh footwear is important too. For me it's boat shoes or flip flops.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

10. Bad Girlfriend

Like your soon to be new house Nelson. Looks like it was recently painted. You look comfortable on your current porch.
    My winter wardrobe has a black leather jacket, brown leather coat, Raider coat (which I haven't worn in a long time), Dodger Jacket, and Dodger Sweat Shirt with pockets, hood, and zipper.
    Our ski resorts are going to stay open an extra week. They got lots of snow this year which should help prevent forest fires. I think that we are out of the drought and it's suppose to be a wet spring.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians

MASTERS ARMY

11. Bad Girlfriend

Tonight the old bass player is coming over to get his stuff. We haven't discussed the 2 items we bought together yet but it will be hard work getting his stuff out of here. He's a hoarder and has much here that is worthless as well as stuff we use. we now need the room!

Yesterday I ordered a Roadrunner Protection Bag for 14" x 12" (an inch extra room), a 14" Coated Emperor, Lightening Rods, and 12 pair of Nova 5A sticks. I'm currently using the Nova Rock Sticks and I'm too loud.

I saw Opus's BRX on sale on Ebay. It's a good deal!
    PEARL DRUMS

MASTERS ARMY

12. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Like your soon to be new house Nelson. Looks like it was recently painted. You look comfortable on your current porch.
    My winter wardrobe has a black leather jacket, brown leather coat, Raider coat (which I haven't worn in a long time), Dodger Jacket, and Dodger Sweat Shirt with pockets, hood, and zipper.
    Our ski resorts are going to stay open an extra week. They got lots of snow this year which should help prevent forest fires. I think that we are out of the drought and it's suppose to be a wet spring.
    same here. thought it might be the last skiing day today, learned that they plan to stay open for an extra week, the snow layer is still thick enough even with today +4. can't complain, i got a very,very sweet ski season, and i welcome the added week for sure.

i've visited the house i'm aiming at tonight, i'm concerned by 2-3 things atm, the footing is made out of field stones and concrete as it was the norm with those house of the 50's .i don't know much about this kind of footing, i'm waiting for the vendor's assessment on the house's history ; i.e infras repairs regarding footing, roof , plumbery and structural stuff like that before landing an offer.....

I also don't skimp on my winter gear and especially not on my mountaineering and ice climbing gear. 50 feet up a frozen waterfall is no place to be concerned with frostbitten fingers and 22 hours into three day winter climb up a mountain is not the time to develop hypothermia. That's just the wear, not including the rigging, tools, and gear. Luckily, I've yet to pay out for a good jacket as I earned a nice parka from work and my Antarctica expedition provided a surprisingly-well built complimentary 3-in-1 jacket. Outside of rigging which is a long drawn out expense, boots have been a major cost item and I didn't get much choice for them. In Southern Ontario it seems the only place to buy mountaineering/ice climbing boots is MEC, and even their stock is limited (and only stocked at the downtown TO location which I'm no fan of). One of the Ontario/Quebec outdoor stores has been liquidating their previous year's stock of winter wear (outerwear and thermals) for months now, but still can't find any deals that get my crank turning. Sadly, I don't know of any liquidation places that stock reputable outdoor gear.

I'm more forgiving on three-season wear because, as mentioned, it's going to get dirty, rubbed and smashed into rocks and tress, and imbued with essence de Nik. I splurged on some Royal Robbins pants ($75ish) because they're made from something tough, yet stretchy. The latter makes a world of difference when scrambling about and you need to bring your foot up near your face.
    wasn't aware you're into climbing....frozen waterfall climbs isn't exactly relaxing,but i know confidence in your gear is the key for a confortable climb while i'm not into this at all since i know i have little to share with birds, i can't fly for very long LOLLL...

here's a cue for you....it's more or less a liquidation center and they ship canada wide.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...89217033,d.aWw
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's