Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Big Pearl Bass Drum Logo

I don't understand why they don't make the big old Pearl bass drum logo anymore. I think they look awesome! Am I they only one??? Where could I get one? Does anybody have one for sale? I found this picture here on the Pearl drummers forum....Doesn't this look great?

Name:  IMG_0939.jpg
Views: 2719
Size:  54.0 KB

2. Registered User

I like em. Didn't know they could no longer be purchased.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

3. Registered Face

Yes it does search ebay they are all over the place people have them in black, white, gold, etc...

Here's a link to a white one
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/261275556316?nav=SEARCH
    My Vision VBX is Concord Fade, there are many like it but this one is mine.

14" x 5" natural maple free floater

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MattFace View Post
    Yes it does search ebay they are all over the place people have them in black, white, gold, etc...

Here's a link to a white one
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/261275556316?nav=SEARCH
    That's just a sticker...I'm talking about a bass drum head with the big Pearl logo already on there.

5. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Thanks for using the picture of my GAX kit. The printed logo on the Pearl logo heads has certainly shrunk over the years. Others have mention die cut vinyl stickers as an alternative and they really do look nice. If you want the exact dimensions of the logo on this head I can provide it for you if you want to get a logo custom made. Personally however, I like the smaller logo used today.
    Last edited by wsgnst; 08-10-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by wsgnst View Post
    Thanks for using the picture of my GAX kit.

The printed logo on the Pearl logo heads has certainly shrunk over the years. Others have mention die cut vinyl stickers as an alternative and they really do look nice. If you want the exact dimensions of the logo on this head I can provide it for you if you want to logo custom made.

Personally however, I like the smaller logo used today.
    You must have a secret video camera at my house...lol. I was just measuring the size of the new Pearl logo I have....I was wondering what the size of your Pearl log was???? I'll trade you my brand new 22 inch Pearl black bass drum head I just ordered for yours (I haven't even opened. the ups box it came in. I ordered it from Greenbriar Percussion. I live in Portland Oregon.

AND AGAIN, YES, IF YOU COULD PROVIDE ME WITH THE EXACT LENGTH AND WIDTH, I WILL ORDER A DIE CUT STICKER. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
    Last edited by VegasDrummer; 08-10-2014 at 03:15 PM.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Dude. Just... dude.

The smaller logo is where it's at. If you absolutely need the gigantic logo, the vinyl ones on eBay are amazing and you canNOT tell that it's not a printed logo head.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Dude. Just... dude.

The smaller logo is where it's at. If you absolutely need the gigantic logo, the vinyl ones on eBay are amazing and you canNOT tell that it's not a printed logo head.
    That's good to know...thanks. I might just sell my new Pearl Head to a kid that wants it, and get a Remo Ebony Powerstroke Reso and get a Vinyl one you are talking about.
    Last edited by VegasDrummer; 08-10-2014 at 03:43 PM.

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDrummer View Post
    That's good to know...thanks. I might just sell my new Pearl Head to a kid that wants it, and get a Remo Ebony Powerstroke Reso and get a Vinyl one you are talking about.
    Perfect. Also, FYI- the Remo loco is totally removable with acetone. I removed it from my Remo Starfire head no problem. Looks stock:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Registered User

I was thinking of going with an Evans head because the Evans logos are at the bottom. Thanks for telling me that the Remo logo is removable....now I can get a black Remo Powerstroke Reso with the Big Pearl logo! Thanks for the expertise and knowledge! BTW, your Bass drum head is Awesome! That logo looks printed on!

P.S 10 lugs on your Pearl Bass drum...must be a high end Pearl Kit you have

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDrummer View Post
    I was thinking of going with an Evans head because the Evans logos are at the bottom. Thanks for telling me that the Remo logo is removable....now I can get a black Remo Powerstroke Reso with the Big Pearl logo! Thanks for the expertise and knowledge! BTW, your Bass drum head is Awesome! That logo looks printed on!

P.S 10 lugs on your Pearl Bass drum...must be a high end Pearl Kit you have
    Masters BRX Millennium Mist with Satin HW.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. It's Me, Bangin' B.....

Gaaaaa I love that head on that kit. But, I hated the big logo when I had one.... I'm on the small logo wagon.
    Emerald Fade / Black Hardware BRP - 24x18, 12x9, 16x16, 18x16
    Orange Satin Swirl EXR - 24x18, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16

Masterworks/Reference 14x6 - OCDP 13x7 - J.J. 13x6.5

TAMA RoadPro Tom Stand FOR SALE.. PM ME!