Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by aje_drum View Post

Those Thin Chinas are nice, I've got the 16, 18 & 20 and they are all great...if a little quiet compared to , say, the Sig Thins. There are very few of the Dimensions that I haven't liked. I recently got the 19 Med Thin crash and it is superb. Those crashes that I am chasing fill the gaps between the ones I have...I'm greedy I guess
    I've got two or three 18" as well ;-)
    Actually not with the Dimensions logo though only 2002.
    But that's as big as I go for chinas.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

2. Saturn Club

I need some 13" hi hats some kind of bad. Thinking of getting some Signature Dark Crisp hats. There's not much option in Paiste's line for 13" hats. If I could do a special order I'd really dig a set of 13" 2002 Dark Crisp Reflectors. That would be a pretty awesome custom pair.
    SELLING A CUSTOM RCI KIT W/ HUMES AND BERG HARD CASES CHEAP!!! PM ME!

3. hoi :-)

Quote Originally Posted by aizo View Post
    ZOMG! I've been looking for a 14" VISIONS China for years!!!

Where did ya get it from and how much?

I was able to buy a 20" crash NOS about 2 years ago. It wasn't cheap

Pictures please!!!

(You wouldn't want to sell the 14 would you???)
    I found it on the dutch 'craigslist' in and ad from a local music shop. This shop was pretty close to a place where I lived when studying like ten years ago. Somehow I never even got into the shop, since I only saw guitars and some cheap Peace drumset when I looked through the windows. Turns out they had a small drum room upstairs.
    Probably these cymbals have been there all this time

I'm not selling, it's my preciousssssssssssssss
    Should be a nice additions to my kit once I get the opportunity to set it up again ( http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...-purposes-only! )

Will post pics later.

4. Registered User

Boooooo! Lol!

Cool story yo! It's always cool to find rare pies! If you ever feel like adding to my Visions collection let me know!

Your kit is super sweet!

I know how it feels to not be able to set your kit. Hope it changes for you soon!
    Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
    drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
    hardware: all Pearl
    cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

"Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

5. Paiste-oholic

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Drum Lad View Post
    I need some 13" hi hats some kind of bad. Thinking of getting some Signature Dark Crisp hats. There's not much option in Paiste's line for 13" hats. If I could do a special order I'd really dig a set of 13" 2002 Dark Crisp Reflectors. That would be a pretty awesome custom pair.
    I have a set of Signature 13" Power Hats on Ebay.

and I have a set of 2002 13" Heavy Hats that I've been thinking about selling, but only if I don't lose any money.

Would you be interested in either set?

6. Saturn Club

Quote Originally Posted by Stranjluv101 View Post
    I have a set of Signature 13" Power Hats on Ebay.

and I have a set of 2002 13" Heavy Hats that I've been thinking about selling, but only if I don't lose any money.

Would you be interested in either set?
    I'm sure they would sound awesome, but I'd have to listen to them more online. The thing I like about the dark crisp is the heavier bottom and the light top. The bottom on dark crisp is heavier than the heavy hi hats. I will check them out. I'm unfamiliar with the power hats. I don't want anything too heavy and more articulate with some cut to them.

EDIT: Went and listened to some youtube clips of some power and heavy hats...definitely not my taste. They sound too heavy, especially played open. That combo of medium thin top and heavy bottom of the dark crisp is the ticket. I just wish I could get some reflector ones.
    Last edited by Big Bad Drum Lad; 08-10-2014 at 10:51 AM.

7. Paiste-oholic

The 13" 2002 heavy hats are much lighter than their Signature brothers - 825g top over 870g.

The Dark Crisps were available in Reflector (I have them, and they are nice), but only 14's. The same goes for the Dimensions series. have you asked about a special order? I have ordered before through Resurrection Drums in Florida. They're pretty nice guys to do with. It's just a shame that it takes Paiste so long to respond to special orders.

8. Saturn Club

Quote Originally Posted by Stranjluv101 View Post
    The 13" 2002 heavy hats are much lighter than their Signature brothers - 825g top over 870g.

The Dark Crisps were available in Reflector (I have them, and they are nice), but only 14's. The same goes for the Dimensions series. have you asked about a special order? I have ordered before through Resurrection Drums in Florida. They're pretty nice guys to do with. It's just a shame that it takes Paiste so long to respond to special orders.
    I have asked the places im town here and they said they won't even deal with special orders. I will send a message to that shop then. Hopefully I can maybe find what I'm looking for. Those would be ideal.

Thank you!

9. Paiste-oholic

You're welcome! Please keep us updated!

10. Registered User

I haven't played Paiste for years, but I think the original Twenty series was comprised of some of the best cymbals Paiste ever made. the 22" Light Ride was simply amazing
    I'd love for those to come back

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Drum Lad View Post
    I'm sure they would sound awesome, but I'd have to listen to them more online. The thing I like about the dark crisp is the heavier bottom and the light top. The bottom on dark crisp is heavier than the heavy hi hats. I will check them out. I'm unfamiliar with the power hats. I don't want anything too heavy and more articulate with some cut to them.

EDIT: Went and listened to some youtube clips of some power and heavy hats...definitely not my taste. They sound too heavy, especially played open. That combo of medium thin top and heavy bottom of the dark crisp is the ticket. I just wish I could get some reflector ones.
    Have you considered the 13" Dark Energy hats? They have a bottom that is just as heavy as the Dark Crisp, and a lighter top. They sound just as crisp as the Dark Crisps but have more bite to them, more energy. I have both hi hats and I prefer the Dark Energy hats. They aren't as dark sounding as their name suggests and the 13" sizes have a higher pitch. That feel nicer to play too. Buttery but stiff at the same time.

Alas, the 13" DE hats have been discontinued, so you might have to get second hand ones.

12. Saturn Club

Quote Originally Posted by servant000 View Post
    Have you considered the 13" Dark Energy hats? They have a bottom that is just as heavy as the Dark Crisp, and a lighter top. They sound just as crisp as the Dark Crisps but have more bite to them, more energy. I have both hi hats and I prefer the Dark Energy hats. They aren't as dark sounding as their name suggests and the 13" sizes have a higher pitch. That feel nicer to play too. Buttery but stiff at the same time.

Alas, the 13" DE hats have been discontinued, so you might have to get second hand ones.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely check them out too. I saw a set of 13" Dark Energy hats on ebay actually. I'll go find some youtube clips!