Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 108 of 131 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,285 to 1,296 of 1565
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Alpha cymbals are great. Check with member "Roman"
    His name is Ryan and he does amazing logo color work.
    I've actually seen his work already and it's great. The thing is that I'm in Mexico and shipping rates are awfully expensive. It's not something an average Mexican can afford, tbh.

2. I play with myself.

Blue logos look amazing. I have not yet done purple, but it can be done very easy. I finally ordered a red drum set just so my 2002s match better LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pearl - Paiste - Aquarian - Trick Pedals - Pro Mark - Gibraltar - Tama Throne

3. I play with myself.

Is anyone running a custom stack? I am looking at buying a 6" splash to stack with something. I cannot figure out the best way. In the past, the only stack that worked for me was using a china/crash or china/splash. I don't have a small enough china to stack currently, so I was thinking a 6" splash with a thin felt stacked on top of something like a 10" splash or the rude 12" shred bell? Any stack ideas you can share?

4. Registered User

I'm currently running a 10" proto china with a 8" 505 splash inverted on top. It produces a surprisingly dark effect. You can see it on the far left just above my hats in the pic below.
    Name:  stack.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  93.9 KB
    [SIGPIC]

5. The Paiste Vault

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAN View Post
    Is anyone running a custom stack? I am looking at buying a 6" splash to stack with something. I cannot figure out the best way. In the past, the only stack that worked for me was using a china/crash or china/splash. I don't have a small enough china to stack currently, so I was thinking a 6" splash with a thin felt stacked on top of something like a 10" splash or the rude 12" shred bell? Any stack ideas you can share?
    I use a 12" Noiseworks Flanger Splash with a 10" Dimensions Thin Splash on top. Sounds really good. The Dimensions splash is cracked around the bell, by the way.
    See my kit here -
    Pearl Masters MCX-A Artisan Limited Honey Burst Mappa Burl

22x18, 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5 and a 14x6.5 FFS Brass Snare

6. I play with myself.

dnice, that is exactly what I am wanting. I need to find me a mini china! I would love a 12" china with a 6 or 8 splash over that. I love that trashy quick sound.

Glen, I think I seen your stack in that video you sent? Correct?

7. The Paiste Vault

dnice, that is exactly what I am wanting. I need to find me a mini china! I would love a 12" china with a 6 or 8 splash over that. I love that trashy quick sound.

Glen, I think I seen your stack in that video you sent? Correct?
    Correct you are sir. It's over the 12" tom.
    See my kit here -
    Pearl Masters MCX-A Artisan Limited Honey Burst Mappa Burl

22x18, 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5 and a 14x6.5 FFS Brass Snare

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

dnice, that is exactly what I am wanting. I need to find me a mini china! I would love a 12" china with a 6 or 8 splash over that. I love that trashy quick sound. Glen, I think I seen your stack in that video you sent? Correct?
    I know someone who is selling one.

9. I play with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I know someone who is selling one.
    What are they selling? I am interested!

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

What are they selling? I am interested!
    If he still has it, the 12" China.

11. King of Pointlessness.

I hope I don't get sued or banned, but I made something awful. I got some Paiste cymbals modified.

I love my Twenties, but something always bugged me : my main crash/ride (a 20" light ride actually) was too hard to open, a bit too hard on my fingers and above all too loud.

So I finally took the plunge and had it modified by a local cymbal smith. He took away some mass, on all the bow first, then a little more on the edge. He then re-hammered the whole cymbal, to make it more complex and a bit darker. I really like the result so far, still have to play it on my kit.

While we were at it, I gave him a cracked 15" hi hat bottom I had around (bad eBay surprise, was refunded hopefully) to cut down, so it would make an effect hi hat together with a 9" custom Rude cup chime. It's a pretty heavy little thing, extremely defined. A nice counterpart to my 17" hi hats.

- [ Paiste Cymbals, Sonor Drums, Pearl Hardware ] -

- [ Sonor SQ² 2015 ] - [ Old monster kit ] - [ My Pies ] - [ Custom ICON ] -

#Paiste on IRCNET

12. Paiste-oholic

Cool, I'd like to hear those.