Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124
Results 1,477 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by ws6freak View Post
    After more than 10 years of service, my 18" Sig Reflector full crash cracked.... Since they don't make this crash anymore (only the heavy full is available) I decided to order a 18" PST8 Rock Crash Reflector, after lots of thinking and listening to samples. I should be receiving it tomorrow, I'll post comments about it later. The key will be how it sounds through the microphones and in the mix.
    That's a shame that it cracked. You are not a heavy hitter, as far as what I can see from your videos. Why would it crack? Just [email protected]$& happens?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

2. YOU POST, I PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That's a shame that it cracked. You are not a heavy hitter, as far as what I can see from your videos. Why would it crack? Just [email protected]$& happens?
    Well... I might have overplayed it. I do hit pretty hard sometimes, and I use Vater 2B Nylons - not exactly a light stick.

My very old 18" Sound Formula Reflector (also Signature alloy) is still in great shape even though it gets hit hard with a reversed 2B with my left hand and it wobbles pretty good on the stand.

BTW did you get your new Tama kit yet?
    Click for my YouTube channel - Rush, Saxon, Maiden, Gamma Ray and Queensr˙che covers.

Drum Gear:
    Paiste, Tama, Gibraltar, Danmar, Rhythm Tech, Aquarian, LP, Vater, Wuhan.

Recording/Mixing Gear:
    Mackie 1640i, Senheiser, Audix, Audio Technica, Shure, Apple, Logic, Ultimate Ears.

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by ws6freak View Post
    Well... I might have overplayed it. I do hit pretty hard sometimes, and I use Vater 2B Nylons - not exactly a light stick.

My very old 18" Sound Formula Reflector (also Signature alloy) is still in great shape even though it gets hit hard with a reversed 2B with my left hand and it wobbles pretty good on the stand.

BTW did you get your new Tama kit yet?
    Oh yeah! I'm making sample recordings now. They sound great. The room sounds good too, with some natural reverb, but not too much. You can see all sorts of pics on my facebook page.

I didn't know you use 2B sticks; that's the opposite end of the spectrum from what I use. People have different tastes and feels. Do you have a new video coming soon?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. YOU POST, I PLAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Oh yeah! I'm making sample recordings now. They sound great. The room sounds good too, with some natural reverb, but not too much. You can see all sorts of pics on my facebook page.

I didn't know you use 2B sticks; that's the opposite end of the spectrum from what I use. People have different tastes and feels. Do you have a new video coming soon?
    Nice man, I can't wait to hear you new kit. Can't go wrong with Tama IMHO.
    Edit: Just saw your kit pics - wow, super nice. I didn't even know Tama was still making tymp toms / concert toms - kind of similar to my kit (I only have 2 tymp toms) and I think you'll love the lower pitched sound bubinga yields. Nice choices on sizes, that kit will sound monster through the mics. Congrats!

Yep, I'm working on a RUSH cover right now. Not easy. Taking longer than I thought (as always when it comes to Rush)...

Just received the PST8 - haven't tested it yet, but just by tapping I like what I hear - considering it's $146 while the Sig Full is over $300 - I'm surprised and impressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by ws6freak; 05-22-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    Click for my YouTube channel - Rush, Saxon, Maiden, Gamma Ray and Queensr˙che covers.

Drum Gear:
    Paiste, Tama, Gibraltar, Danmar, Rhythm Tech, Aquarian, LP, Vater, Wuhan.

Recording/Mixing Gear:
    Mackie 1640i, Senheiser, Audix, Audio Technica, Shure, Apple, Logic, Ultimate Ears.