Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 1,429 to 1,435 of 1435
  1. No comment.

Does anyone know if Paiste is going to start accepting custom order requests again?
    Mapex | Meinl | Evans | Pro-Mark | Roland
    Mapex Saturn V in Transparent Espresso Walnut
    |16 x 22| |14 x 16| |8 x 12| |6.5 x 14 Black Panther Sledgehammer snare|

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tre Cool The 2nd View Post
    An old video but hopefully it gives some context. 18" Medium and 18" Rock Crash with the 20" RUDE Thin https://youtu.be/1cuv7fJObrU I've picked up a pair of 14" Twenty hats for 150 euro. Can't wait for delivery. I had a go of the 24" Giant Beat and it's fantastic. So easy to open up but also quite controllable.
    That's very kind - thanks.

3. A Passion Play ...

Quote Originally Posted by paradiddlediddle666 View Post
    Does anyone know if Paiste is going to start accepting custom order requests again?
    Oh how I wish that would happen. Don’t hold your breath.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Icon 501. Masters MCX Chestnut Fade
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

4. No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Oh how I wish that would happen. Don’t hold your breath.
    I thought so.
    Mapex | Meinl | Evans | Pro-Mark | Roland
    Mapex Saturn V in Transparent Espresso Walnut
    |16 x 22| |14 x 16| |8 x 12| |6.5 x 14 Black Panther Sledgehammer snare|

5. Registered User

I frickin love my 22" Paiste Twenty ride, but lately I can't stop beaking sticks against the bell! I've gone through 30 VF factory seconds since Christmas! It's totally raw and even unhammered (at least, as far as I can tell) which makes it incredibly thick, and is perhaps why I've never heard any bell as loud and piercing. Writing this now, I'm thinking of finesse - how this bell doesn't need to be hammered on to cut through, and that I should afford more energy to my bass drum and snare when it comes to heavier and faster playing.

I searched for many years to find this cymbal actually. I was very impressed when I heard the Twenty ride (because of its complex but thick sound, crasheability and of course the bell of doom) and also the Dream Dark Matter ride (because that specific specimen was so pleasant and surprisingly bright) at Just Drums in Toronto, but they were both 20" models, and I wanted at least a 21". They had a few Sabian RBDR, but I feel that if you're not digging the buttery sound of a Sabian cymbal, they can leave a lot to be desired, and this was no exception. I had found a few years later, a 22" Dream Dark energy ride (also in Toronto) but I found it in all too washy and not abrasive enough. Then 3 years ago at the legendary Steve Maxwell story in NYC, I found my 22" Twenty Ride buried in a trough of used cymbals. Everything was there with this cymbal, and the bell (while darker than the 20" I had heard) was more complex and cutting than any other cymbal I tried out there, of which I forgot the model names.

A girl I once knew who had synesthesia describe the cymbal as dark, and blue, and full of anger - and she was artistically appalled by it! But that's what I love about it compared to my mostly Sabian cymbals; My Paiste Twenty ride has a thick violence to it, old-testament style! I doesn't blend with my Sabian's at all, but the abrasiveness makes it stand out, and these days I want each of my cymbals to stand out.

And the bell is better than any bell-centric cymbal I've ever heard.

6. Kennedy Camden

I have a 22” Twenty and I use it all of the time, but 22” DE is my baby.

7. Registered User

Don’t know everything Paiste is coming out with this year, but on their website they have new sound files for Masters 8 & 10” Dark Splashes, 18-20” Extra Thins, 20-22” Dry Rides and Extra Dry Rides, a 22” Dark Crash Ride, and 8” & 10” PSTX Splash Stacks and a 20” PSTX Swiss Medium Crash. Oddly enough, a lot of the discontinued 2oo2 and Signatures are on their current line up section of sound samples. Don’t know if any or some are coming back, but the 2oo2 Rock models would be cool.
    [You want your chocolate from Belgium and your cymbals made in Switzerland.