Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,513 to 1,524 of 1551
  1. YOU POST, I PLAY.

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Earth and beyond.
    Posts
    3,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Well done and those drums sound great! Now you got me digging out my Presto Album out for a listen! Once again, excellent job!
    Thanks! I think Presto is a great album - perhaps ahead of its time - it was not successful and they almost never played any of those songs live, but I enjoy them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Excellent playing and drum sound Nick!
    Thanks man, and I've watched your videos on your new drum set - really beautiful and you always keep it all so clean and organized. I dig that gong bass drum. Simon Phillips style!
    My YouTube channel - old school Metal and Progressive covers.

    Drum Gear:
    Paiste, Tama, Gibraltar, Danmar, Rhythm Tech, Aquarian, LP, Vater, Wuhan.

    Recording/Mixing Gear:
    Mackie 1640i, Senheiser, Audix, Audio Technica, Shure, Apple, Logic, Ultimate Ears.

  2. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ws6freak View Post
    Thanks man, and I've watched your videos on your new drum set - really beautiful and you always keep it all so clean and organized. I dig that gong bass drum. Simon Phillips style!
    Thanks for checking them out. I'm having a blast playing them. You know the quality sound you get from Tama drums. I think you're really getting good recordings with your current rig.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Dear "Paisteholics"
    Im new in this forum, but old with Paiste. 20 years+ using only Paiste Cymbals.
    Actually i have a bunch of Signatures (all flavors), Sound Formulas, Twentys and Alpha.

    In the "Ride" section, i have one Signature and one Sound Formula and im looking for some ride for rehearsal/practice only, some "cheap and nice" cymbal.
    The options i have (second hand here in my country) is mostly : PST5/7, 502, 802, Alpha (old and new version).
    Except for a PST7 Light Ride (wich i found more a crash than a ride) i have no experience in this mid-class lines. What are your experiences in this lines to make a good choice in the search of my rehearsal/practice only Ride?

    Thanks a lot!

    PD: next weeks i start to share my cymbals with you.

  4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JavHav View Post
    Dear "Paisteholics"
    Im new in this forum, but old with Paiste. 20 years+ using only Paiste Cymbals.
    Actually i have a bunch of Signatures (all flavors), Sound Formulas, Twentys and Alpha.

    In the "Ride" section, i have one Signature and one Sound Formula and im looking for some ride for rehearsal/practice only, some "cheap and nice" cymbal.
    The options i have (second hand here in my country) is mostly : PST5/7, 502, 802, Alpha (old and new version).
    Except for a PST7 Light Ride (wich i found more a crash than a ride) i have no experience in this mid-class lines. What are your experiences in this lines to make a good choice in the search of my rehearsal/practice only Ride?

    Thanks a lot!

    PD: next weeks i start to share my cymbals with you.
    Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I have no recommendations for those lines. I just suggest you search for a higher level model that is used.

    What is interesting to me is you are looking for a cheaper model to play at home while you use the more expensive line live. Usually, people do it the other way around if they are going to do it at all

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I have no recommendations for those lines. I just suggest you search for a higher level model that is used.

    What is interesting to me is you are looking for a cheaper model to play at home while you use the more expensive line live. Usually, people do it the other way around if they are going to do it at all
    Hi Dale! Thanks for your reply.
    Im not using my expensive stuff in live, im not using my expensive cymbals at all. The rides i have: Blue Bell Ride 22 / SF Reflector Power Ride 20.
    The Blue Bell is new, never used. The SF is in new state too.
    Im not playing with bands, i keep playing alone in my house just for fun (or not loose techniques).
    The idea basically is, buy a mid range ride that i dont care to get stick marked, touched, dirt, etc. For this practice set, i have and old nickel silver Paiste hihat and some Alpha crashes. Just in search for a cheap-decent ride.
    Thanks.

  6. The Paiste Vault

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    2,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JavHav View Post
    Hi Dale! Thanks for your reply.
    Im not using my expensive stuff in live, im not using my expensive cymbals at all. The rides i have: Blue Bell Ride 22 / SF Reflector Power Ride 20.
    The Blue Bell is new, never used. The SF is in new state too.
    Im not playing with bands, i keep playing alone in my house just for fun (or not loose techniques).
    The idea basically is, buy a mid range ride that i dont care to get stick marked, touched, dirt, etc. For this practice set, i have and old nickel silver Paiste hihat and some Alpha crashes. Just in search for a cheap-decent ride.
    Thanks.
    I recommend you check out the 900 series, colorsound if you want to but the plain 900's sound great for the $$ spent on them. Also, Dale is right, if you can get a used Twenty or 2002 20 or 22" Ride, maybe Heavy Ride, that would be great as well.

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solitary glen View Post
    I recommend you check out the 900 series, colorsound if you want to but the plain 900's sound great for the $$ spent on them. Also, Dale is right, if you can get a used Twenty or 2002 20 or 22" Ride, maybe Heavy Ride, that would be great as well.
    Thanks buddy. I start to look something in the 2002 orbit.

    Another question to the forum

    Old Alphas:
    From better to worst...
    1) Made in Switzerland
    2) Made in Germany
    3) early Made in Germany (west germany label)

    Is this true or there is no difference between 90s Alphas?

    Thanks, i enjoy all the info and acknowledge.
    Last edited by JavHav; 12-20-2018 at 02:43 PM.

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    MetroManila, PHILIPPINES
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I don't have a lot of Paistes, because of 1) severely limited availability in my country (the same goes for Sabians too), and 2) the "serious" models are/were always too expensive for me. So all of mine are pre-owned.

    Back in 2013, I saw an ad in a local musician's classifieds for a monster 1982 22" 2002 China. The seller said he was the second owner, and the hole had been enlarged due to a crack. I had to put together a system with a steel sleeve and rubber grommet to mount it in a standard cymbal stand. I also mount it bell up because I don't want to risk cracking the hole again. Aside from that it was in good condition. The sound strangely lacks shimmer, has a gongy bottom, and has clangy ping. But the mid-frequencies roar like the wind of a category 5 typhoon, and crash-riding it too long will make you deaf. I got it anyway (US$150) because I have a penchant for unusual sounds. It sits next to my 70s A Zildjian medium ride 22 as an alternate ride. I think of it as the scariest cymbal I own.

    Just after New Year I saw these these pop up in the local Facebook Marketplace. Someone was unloading his stash of Paiste cymbals at insanely cheap prices. I had already sealed the deal on his 10” 2002 Mega Bell and 6” 2002 Bell Chime because I wanted them on for an upcoming project. But he also had a 20” Sound Creation Dark China, which I’ve read is the stuff of legend. I already had several Chinas and didn’t really need another one. But I asked the seller to bring it along anyway, just in case 1) I would like it if I heard it, and 2) I could cough up the extra money. He was clearly trying to seduce me when he said it was the one cymbal in the collection he didn’t really want to part with, but offered me an additional discount if I added it to the package. The bells were everything I wanted, and more. The China blew me away, and I couldn’t leave without it. I still can't believe he gave the whole package for the equivalent of only US$218. The serial numbers suggest the bells were made in 2015, and the China is from 1984. It looks like it’s going to be a very Happy New Year for me :-)

    Name:  IMG_0052.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  54.9 KB
    Last edited by makinao; 01-06-2019 at 08:34 PM.

  9. A Passion Play ...

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sacramento CA.
    Posts
    5,318

    Default

    Here are some 2002’s and an Alpha. In the bottom corner is that 6” accent. Love that
    Mega Bell you have makinao. Very cool cymbal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

  10. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    11,189

    Default

    good'ol 2002's. they're here since 5+decades,still goin strong, still popular in the rock drummer's ranks.

    yours looks clean ,well taken care of.....
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's



    WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Really cool stuff makinao. Specially from someone far far from Europe and USA.

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Here are some 2002’s and an Alpha. In the bottom corner is that 6” accent. Love that
    Mega Bell you have makinao. Very cool cymbal.
    Fantastic set.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •