Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 128 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Everything Paiste: A New Hope

Oh man, our last thread reached it's limit? Well it's that time again! NEW PAISTE THREAD!

I guess I'll start this off with two questions:

1.) What are you looking for?
    2.) If Paiste said "yes" to any custom order (sets included), what would you have them make?

For me it's...

1.) A 22" ride. I want either a Dark Dry Ride or another Sig Dry Heavy.
    2.) A set of mini chinas in black to be used for stacks with Sig logos. I'd die and go to heaven if they let me get a custom order with Visions logos on 'em.
    Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
    drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
    hardware: all Pearl
    cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

"Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

2. Paiste-oholic

Old thread reached its limit? Take that, Zildjian thread!

For the first time in a long time, I'm not looking for anything. I wouldn't mind a minty Sound Creation 22" Dark Ride with 2nd version logo though.

For customs, I'd love to have F602 Heavy Bells, 8" - 13", in blue label!!!

3. Registered User

Oh man forgot all about the heavy bells! I'm trying to decide where I should put mine! I have a 12" (Visions) but just can't think of a good spot for it.

As far as the old thread it only reached 100 some pages the first "everything Paiste" had over 1000 pages. I'm not sure it reached its limit but it's locked.
    Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
    drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
    hardware: all Pearl
    cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

"Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

4. Paiste-oholic

Quote Originally Posted by aizo View Post
    Oh man forgot all about the heavy bells! I'm trying to decide where I should put mine! I have a 12" (Visions) but just can't think of a good spot for it.

As far as the old thread it only reached 100 some pages the first "everything Paiste" had over 1000 pages. I'm not sure it reached its limit but it's locked.
    I was wondering why it wasn't popping up in the new content...it'd be hard to do I guess, being locked!

5. Registered User

I have been wanting to replace my cracked Sig Traditional 9" Thin Splash for about 3 years but have not been able to find a new one.

Would do just about anything for one.

6. Paiste-oholic

Don't see the 9's come up used as often as the 11's.

Don't give up, though!

7. Registered User

In for the first 10 posts!

8. Registered User

If money was no option, a would love a full set of 602 SE's.

But I do say that this Being that this is a new Paiste thread, there should be some nice pie fotos. Some nice rare ones from the vault.

First up is a new to me 22" sound creation new dimensions medium dark ride. Just got it last week. Dark and washy/pingy sound. Nice.

12" blue label 602 sound edge hats from the Danny gotleib collection that he had at Steve maxwells in NYC.

22" 602 paper thin. Picked this up from a local sam ash for a little over $100. In amazing shape. Rarely sees the light of day. Too nervous to crack it. It is super thin and very sweet sounding.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [SIGPIC]

9. There really is a Kalamazoo!

I'm looking for more 2000 Sound Refections, specifically a 17" thin crash to go with my 16" and 18". These are great cymbals that don't get much attention.
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

10. Registered Face

Quote Originally Posted by wsgnst View Post
    I'm looking for more 2000 Sound Refections, specifically a 17" thin crash to go with my 16" and 18". These are great cymbals that don't get much attention.
    You mean like this one?
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/380964085483?nav=SEARCH
    My Vision VBX is Concord Fade, there are many like it but this one is mine.

14" x 5" natural maple free floater

11. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Quote Originally Posted by MattFace View Post
    Yeah, but I got all my other 2000's for way less. It's priced a bit high for my tastes.
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

12. Registered Face

Quote Originally Posted by wsgnst View Post

Yeah, but I got all my other 2000's for way less. It's priced a bit high for my tastes.
    That's cool I'm not aware of what's good and what's high when it comes to Paistes they are the cymbals I know the least about, but while I was cruising eBay I decided to give it a look for possibly your benefit.
    My Vision VBX is Concord Fade, there are many like it but this one is mine.

14" x 5" natural maple free floater