Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 459 of 479 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469 ... LastLast
Results 5,497 to 5,508 of 5739
  1. Purple Crazed

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    #50... Big! Attachment 514341
    You'll have to record this to let us know if it is everything Todd said it was. I almost bought one.

    Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

  2. Masterworks / Sabian

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    You'll have to record this to let us know if it is everything Todd said it was. I almost bought one.
    I will, but I leave on an international trip tomorrow and hope to get to it soon. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time yet with this ride, maybe 20 minutes, but I have a song in mind that might work well with it.

  3. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,982

    Default

    Here is the inside of my most recent purchase. If you want to read all about it, and see a dozen pics, click HERE!

    Name:  dunnettcmlshellsignaturesmall.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  86.2 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Here is the inside of my most recent purchase. If you want to read all about it, and see a dozen pics, click HERE!
    What is the knob above the butt plate for?
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  5. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    What is the knob above the butt plate for?
    Good question. It's called a Hypervent. You can adjust the vent of the shell to be either completely closed, completely open (my preference), or anywhere in between. It's more for feel than sound. You can actually strike the drum with a stick, and keep adjusting the vent until you get the stick response you prefer.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Good question. It's called a Hypervent. You can adjust the vent of the shell to be either completely closed, completely open (my preference), or anywhere in between. It's more for feel than sound. You can actually strike the drum with a stick, and keep adjusting the vent until you get the stick response you prefer.
    Thanks. Interesting feature. Do you think it makes a significant difference?
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  7. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Thanks. Interesting feature. Do you think it makes a significant difference?
    Definitely for the feel, and less for the sound.

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Beautiful drum Matt, congrats!!

  9. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    Beautiful drum Matt, congrats!!
    Thank you! What drum project are you working on now?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Thank you! What drum project are you working on now?
    Nothing at the moment, but that could change.....

  11. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    Nothing at the moment, but that could change.....
    Marv (quicksticks) and I have some cool zebrawood shells on order. We're chompin' at the bit, waiting to see how nice they turn out.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Marv (quicksticks) and I have some cool zebrawood shells on order. We're chompin' at the bit, waiting to see how nice they turn out.
    Ply or stave? Complete or just the shell?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •