Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 440 of 551 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 5,269 to 5,280 of 6603
  1. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,867

    Default

    I’ve never had an issue with any of my PR stuff (cases mostly) to necessitate a call to them. Pretty bulletproof stuff.
    Way Too Much Crap

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I’ve never had an issue with any of my PR stuff (cases mostly) to necessitate a call to them. Pretty bulletproof stuff.
    I haven't either.

    I was referring to the fact that they have only one distributor (KMC Music) here in the USA and they don't carry even half of the cases that Protection Racket offers. I've had to buy a lot of them from European stores over the years.

    MM
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  3. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,235

    Default

    PR is indeed bulletproof stuff, and I find their hardware cases far superior to the Ahead Ogio Sleds, in both durability, lightness and ease of use, it's a shame they're harder for you guys to get hold of. Recently though, they've signed distribution deals with Yamaha UK, Europe and Japan, so the US may follow suit in the near future.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 20.15.44.png
Views: 111
Size:  164.5 KB
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    PR is indeed bulletproof stuff, and I find their hardware cases far superior to the Ahead Ogio Sleds, in both durability, lightness and ease of use, it's a shame they're harder for you guys to get hold of. Recently though, they've signed distribution deals with Yamaha UK, Europe and Japan, so the US may follow suit in the near future.
    Thanks, I hope so.

    Fortunately, purchasing some of the cases from Europe doesn't cost any more (even with shipping) since the cases get marked up again when they come over here through the distributor.

    I have a whole collection of the AAA Rigid cases for all of my Masterworks drums and purchased them all from Europe. They are expensive but much better than any other cases. I love the soft case feel, but the sturdiness of a hard case.

    MM
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  5. a.k.a. YtseJam

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    I've been true to PR for years, but two of the three bags I use the most (every week for rehearsals) are lacking the functionality I need:
    1. the PR double pedal bag does not have a separate compartment for the pedal linkage, but only has two elastic bands to strap it to the bag cover:

    Which is no bueno, as I don't want my precious Trick Universal Driveshaft to bang into the pedal frames all the time.
    On the other hand, the newer Tama offering does have a zipped separate compartment:


    2. The PR throne bag does not have a separate compartment for the throne base:

    While the Tama throne bag has one, also perfectly sized for my throne base:


    So I guess I already know what my next drum related purchase will be.

  6. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    I've been true to PR for years, but two of the three bags I use the most (every week for rehearsals) are lacking the functionality I need:
    1. the PR double pedal bag does not have a separate compartment for the pedal linkage, but only has two elastic bands to strap it to the bag cover:

    Which is no bueno, as I don't want my precious Trick Universal Driveshaft to bang into the pedal frames all the time.
    On the other hand, the newer Tama offering does have a zipped separate compartment:


    2. The PR throne bag does not have a separate compartment for the throne base:

    While the Tama throne bag has one, also perfectly sized for my throne base:


    So I guess I already know what my next drum related purchase will be.
    You make salient points. I will admit that my PR soft HW bag is almost useless.
    Way Too Much Crap

  7. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Near Macon, GA
    Posts
    6,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    I've been true to PR for years, but two of the three bags I use the most (every week for rehearsals) are lacking the functionality I need: 1. the PR double pedal bag does not have a separate compartment for the pedal linkage, but only has two elastic bands to strap it to the bag cover: Which is no bueno, as I don't want my precious Trick Universal Driveshaft to bang into the pedal frames all the time. On the other hand, the newer Tama offering does have a zipped separate compartment: 2. The PR throne bag does not have a separate compartment for the throne base: While the Tama throne bag has one, also perfectly sized for my throne base: So I guess I already know what my next drum related purchase will be.
    Did not know about either of these cases! When I got my Speed Cobras, the hard case was the one thing I wasn't thrilled about. I've never been a fan of them, so the soft pedal case looks right up my alley. And the throne case looks very handy, I think I'm going to be picking up that Pedal case for sure though.

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    You make salient points. I will admit that my PR soft HW bag is almost useless.
    And really? I was looking into one of the PR soft hardware cases, what are the flaws with it?
    Black Lives Matter

  8. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,643

    Default

    I have a PR soft HW bag too - came with the rack parts I bought. If I was gigging I wouldn't use it. It takes all the Gibraltar rack parts perfectly - it's a great fit. But once loaded up it's too heavy to carry. And because it's soft you can't drag it. I have a SUPER old Le Blonde hard shell case that's slightly bigger in overall dimension, but internally divided, that I used to gig all my stands, pedals, clamps in, that I bolted two casters to one end and a handle to the other, so it rolls nicely. If I was to gig the rack, I'd have to get a Hardcase 40" roller case I think.

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  9. a.k.a. YtseJam

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,462

    Default

    I have the short and long versions of the PR soft hardware bag and they are certainly usable if you have a rolling cart to load them onto. I like the fact that they are not as tall as the rolling ones, and when you stack them, they can fit in any mid sized car trunk.

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post

    And really? I was looking into one of the PR soft hardware cases, what are the flaws with it?
    I have all of the different Protection Racket hardware cases and they are fine.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    This is the one I use.


  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    This is the one I use most often these days. It holds all of my Pearl Flat base hardware (7 stands) along with floor tom legs and percussion (in outside pocket).

    The narrow shape of the case makes it easy to carry and put into the trunk or the back seat of the car.

    I put my throne and kick drum pedal in one of their djembe cases.

    Name:  PR30.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  22.8 KB
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •