Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 510 of 538 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520 ... LastLast
Results 6,109 to 6,120 of 6447
  1. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    No way it is as heavy as the Lars snare... the Lars snare is 3mm diamond plate steel.



    The crooked splash bothers me much more than the difference in hue
    This is not surprising.
    Way Too Much Crap

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,862

    Default

    Masters Custom Extra...for now!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. Rockin' the Cosmos..

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sirius-2DS
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    like I said in other thread .. return that abomination and get your money back.

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    like I said in other thread .. return that abomination and get your money back.
    Agreed. It looks like someone actually went out of their way to ruin that kit.
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. More beer.

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    No way it is as heavy as the Lars snare... the Lars snare is 3mm diamond plate steel.



    The crooked splash bothers me much more than the difference in hue
    The Lars snare is my favorite and currently only snare! But it is very heavy and I've been thinking for some time abiut getting one more. Check out Astradica - Adrenaline or Alive!

    Why are you guys not liking that white kit?

  6. Rockin' the Cosmos..

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sirius-2DS
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Why are you guys not liking that white kit?
    start with this page - then go to page 3 of thread .. https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...n-Custom/page2

  7. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Some odds and ends from my local in Central London, Footes Music. The store almost closed in 2012 but was rescued with financial help from Nick Mason of Pink Floyd, who'd bought his first kit from there many years before. They're celebrating their 100th anniversary this year, making them the oldest drum store in the world, and certainly one of my favourites. I spent over an hour in there just chatting with the staff yesterday, always a very personal experience shopping there.

    I got a KEO Loud shaker, KEO being the percussion division of British Drum Co, using their ply offcuts and recycling them into new instruments (Shakers, wood blocks, ching rings etc). The Loud shaker compliments my KEO Medium shaker perfectly. In addition, I picked up one of the Bill Sanders drum bumpers, which is a very useful little cushion that straps onto tom or snare lugs and stops any snare rash on finishes and also prevents rattle. Attatches very easily and stays on the drum while in the cases too, just a case of setting and leaving in place. Finally I got one of the anniversary t-shirts, classy in design and a nice little celebration of a legendary store.

    Name:  88967117_2470933089823734_8757454487095869440_o.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  71.2 KB
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That's even better.
    I like my 18" FT a lot on my MX kit. Seems necessary to end that wall of toms with a really low floor tom like an 18". I mean if you have an 15" tom mounted, you better have an 18" on the floor!

    On all 5 of my other kits, I have 14"/16" on the floor. And that seems perfectly acceptable. I briefly considered an 18" FT when I bought my TAMA kit, but only briefly. And I'm glad I didn't.

  9. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    I like my 18" FT a lot on my MX kit. Seems necessary to end that wall of toms with a really low floor tom like an 18". I mean if you have an 15" tom mounted, you better have an 18" on the floor!

    On all 5 of my other kits, I have 14"/16" on the floor. And that seems perfectly acceptable. I briefly considered an 18" FT when I bought my TAMA kit, but only briefly. And I'm glad I didn't.
    I should get it this week. Can’t wait.
    Way Too Much Crap

  10. Vintage 1968

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    BIRMINGHAM, AL
    Posts
    7,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Some odds and ends from my local in Central London, Footes Music. The store almost closed in 2012 but was rescued with financial help from Nick Mason of Pink Floyd, who'd bought his first kit from there many years before. They're celebrating their 100th anniversary this year, making them the oldest drum store in the world, and certainly one of my favourites. I spent over an hour in there just chatting with the staff yesterday, always a very personal experience shopping there.

    I got a KEO Loud shaker, KEO being the percussion division of British Drum Co, using their ply offcuts and recycling them into new instruments (Shakers, wood blocks, ching rings etc). The Loud shaker compliments my KEO Medium shaker perfectly. In addition, I picked up one of the Bill Sanders drum bumpers, which is a very useful little cushion that straps onto tom or snare lugs and stops any snare rash on finishes and also prevents rattle. Attatches very easily and stays on the drum while in the cases too, just a case of setting and leaving in place. Finally I got one of the anniversary t-shirts, classy in design and a nice little celebration of a legendary store.

    Name:  88967117_2470933089823734_8757454487095869440_o.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  71.2 KB
    Take me here!

  11. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    Take me here!
    For sure man, I know MilesAway popped by while he was in town for a look around. Its not a huge shop, but it stocks plenty, especially percussion and oddball bits of gear.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,689

    Default

    C’est arrive!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •