Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 471 of 478 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,652 of 5730
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    3,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Here is the newest addition to my collection... if you want to read all about it, and see a bunch of pics, click here.

    Attachment 514890
    Wow! Is that a Beacon Bronze? Those JN snares are really special drums.


    Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Gorgeous drum Matt, and well kept by the looks of it. Try tuning the rods closest to the snare wires a bit tighter than the rest. Takes advantage of the crimped snare beds.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented 12, 16, 22, 7x14
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst 10, 12, 16, 22, 6.5x14
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 5x14
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) 13, 16, 24, 6.5x14
    Sonor Pro Lite 13, 16, 22

  3. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Wow! Is that a Beacon Bronze? Those JN snares are really special drums.
    Yep! Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Gorgeous drum Matt, and well kept by the looks of it. Try tuning the rods closest to the snare wires a bit tighter than the rest. Takes advantage of the crimped snare beds.
    Yes, very well kept. I know what you mean about the snare beds. The solid brass hoops are designed to bend to form to the exaggerated snare beds, but the thought of seeing all of that "bend" makes me cringe. I used a heat gun to make the snare side head form to the snare beds... it worked like a charm.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  4. Away From The World

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
    Posts
    34,038

    Default

    Top shelf Matt, very nice!

    Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18


  5. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,604

    Default

    Is JN a “Christian” drum co?
    Way Too Much Crap

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    3,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Is JN a “Christian” drum co?
    It is to a degree I guess. Some of the proceeds from the sales seem to go worthwhile charitable endeavors so we're not dealing with Bakker's food buckets or anything like that. The drums sound and feel amazing, that's my interest in the company and it stops there.


    Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New zealand
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Top shelf Matt, very nice!
    You are back bru lol
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich





  8. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Top shelf Matt, very nice!
    Hey Mike! How are you doing? How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    The drums sound and feel amazing, that's my interest in the company and it stops there.
    Agreed.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  9. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,529

    Default

    Picked this up. I'd originally been after an original Z series (block font), but spotted this 1st gen Custom model and thought it'd match my hi hats, so snagged it. Was a blind (deaf?) buy, so will have to see if I click with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  10. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Near Macon, GA
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Picked this up. I'd originally been after an original Z series (block font), but spotted this 1st gen Custom model and thought it'd match my hi hats, so snagged it. Was a blind (deaf?) buy, so will have to see if I click with it.
    Did I not ever message you about my block letter Z Mega Bell? I could have sworn I told you I was selling it.

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    229

    Default

    I have a 22" Custom Z Power Ride - not mega bell. This may be common knowledge - so please ignore if so.

    For years I played this as it sat on a sturdy Yamaha straight stand. I always thought it sounded a little dead for such a substantial cymbal. I just recently switched the entire right side of my kit to the Stealth Rack system. I removed the straight stand and instead mounted this beast of cymbal on a short boom clamped to the rack crossbar. Holy cow! This opened up the cymbal immensely. I mean really - almost as if before I had a towel over half of it.

    Just FYI - if you can try with the Mega Bell.

  12. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Did I not ever message you about my block letter Z Mega Bell? I could have sworn I told you I was selling it.
    You might have done, I don't recall. But for it's weight, I'd wager the shipping would be as much as the cymbal's value shipped across the atlantic!

    Quote Originally Posted by Track12 View Post
    I have a 22" Custom Z Power Ride - not mega bell. This may be common knowledge - so please ignore if so.

    For years I played this as it sat on a sturdy Yamaha straight stand. I always thought it sounded a little dead for such a substantial cymbal. I just recently switched the entire right side of my kit to the Stealth Rack system. I removed the straight stand and instead mounted this beast of cymbal on a short boom clamped to the rack crossbar. Holy cow! This opened up the cymbal immensely. I mean really - almost as if before I had a towel over half of it.

    Just FYI - if you can try with the Mega Bell.
    Stands and positioning play a huge part in how cymbals sound. My K sounds better when I have it on a stand/arm where the cymbal can lay flat (for example, over the bass drum in a single rack tom / offset rack tom config) than it does on a boom angled about 45º over my largest rack tom as I have it. But sometimes positioning takes precedence over sound.

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •