Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 421 of 440 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,052 of 5270
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    KellyShu No-Drill wiring kit...
    Nice .... I use those in all of my kick drums, as well as my cajons.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Nice cymbals Nelson. I have a large set of SR2s, and yours look like they were formerly AA or AAX cymbals. I don't see any hammering that would make me lean towards HH or HHX. The dark/low pitch can be from being very thin, and from being thinned down even further by the SR2 refurbishing process.
    thanks for the cue MATT...true! i didn't remember that ,true enough,HH's are hammered most of the time...then, i think they maybe were AA's. i wasn't aware that removing some thickness on a cymbal instills a lower pitch. nice to know.

is that means SR2's displays a lower pitch only , since they're refurbished, then thined down anyways?
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    thanks for the cue MATT...true! i didn't remember that ,true enough,HH's are hammered most of the time...then, i think they maybe were AA's. i wasn't aware that removing some thickness on a cymbal instills a lower pitch. nice to know.

is that means SR2's displays a lower pitch only , since they're refurbished, then thined down anyways?
    I dont much knowledge of hammering vs. lathing but I do know that I LOVE my HH Raw Bell Dry Ride. My fave cymbal in my collection.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Playing since 1976

Not because they are SR2, but because you chose "Thin"... so they may be a little thinner than they were originally... but not much. I played some "MEDIUM" and "HEAVY" SR2s that were NOT low-pitched... so not all SR2s are low-pitched.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

5. life start at 125bpm

Not because they are SR2, but because you chose "Thin"... so they may be a little thinner than they were originally... but not much. I played some "MEDIUM" and "HEAVY" SR2s that were NOT low-pitched... so not all SR2s are low-pitched.
    ok...i .i'm ordering 2 more next week,will pick some mediums and heavy .

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I dont much knowledge of hammering vs. lathing but I do know that I LOVE my HH Raw Bell Dry Ride. My fave cymbal in my collection.
    it's my main ride since 10 years, and i love it too.perfect ride ,great all around,it suits well most music style
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

6. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    it's my main ride since 10 years, and i love it too.perfect ride ,great all around,it suits well most music style.
    The HH RBDR is a great ride. I have one and have found that the Salsero Ride and AA Dry Ride have similar timbres. The AA Dry Ride is my #1 (I searched for it for almost 10 years after hearing it on a recor

ok...i .i'm ordering 2 more next week,will pick some mediums and heavy .
    I own a 20" SR2 (HH) Thin. It is low pitched also and an amazing versatile jazz ride.

NOW for my contribution to the thread. I just picked up another Gibraltar GSSMS Stealth rack and T-Leg Assembly. I replaced a few stands and what a difference it made in cleaning up the floor real estate! I could position my satellite bass drum closer and 2 rack toms more appropriately.

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

7. Registered User

My new Alesis Samplepad Pro arrived this week, but I haven't had a chance to get to know it yet. I had owned its predecessor, the cute little bubbly, four-pad original version, and it was alright. I figure this should be just as fun, if not more.

The point of my story, is that I ordered it from Zzounds. (love this place)

They have a price match guarantee, which is cool, but I never bothered to check up on this before. I purchased the unit for $299 shipped. The standard price. But after receiving the pad, I checked out some more reviews and found that MF had it for just under $7 cheaper. Not a big deal, but I figured I'd give the price match a whirl. Long story short, they adjusted the price and credited me the difference. How cool is that?

Between the "Pay as you play program", the "Price match guarantee", and the "45 Day satisfaction guarantee" I can safely assume that Zzounds will continue to be my source for gear. Sure, the selection is a little slimmer, but I'm willing to shop within their means if I can get this amazing service, time after time.

Just an FYI. Happy drumming!

8. Bad Girlfriend

2 Carvin 18" Subs for the PA.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

9. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    NOW for my contribution to the thread. I just picked up another Gibraltar GSSMS Stealth rack and T-Leg Assembly. I replaced a few stands and what a difference it made in cleaning up the floor real estate! I could position my satellite bass drum closer and 2 rack toms more appropriately.
    Since I didn't post any pics of it here:

Name:  18BD.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  102.0 KB

Name:  BackRightLow.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  112.3 KB

Tama Octobans

10. Masterworks / Sabian

6 Inch MW Rack ordered. New configuration of kit.

11. Purple Crazed

A 20" Sabian Vault Custom Shop (AA) Brilliant Flat Ride arrived today. It is a very uniform sounding cymbal with good crash-ability and it has very smooth decay. Here is the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/embed/XGjXRHiFRAk?rel=0

And a picture for good measure:

Name:  vianukpzdyqq5uxrtji2.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  98.8 KB

Tama Octobans

12. Away From The World

Looking very good Andy!!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass