Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 500 of 520 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510 ... LastLast
Results 5,989 to 6,000 of 6239
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I got less than I wanted but did well. I’m picking up a Black Sparkle Fade MCX double bass kit. I’ll come out ahead, monetarily. But I’m more excited to have a maple kit again. Already looking for a matching snare and 18” FT.
    That’s disappointing considering how much I know you loved that kit’s finish and how long it took you to find one.

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    That’s disappointing considering how much I know you loved that kit’s finish and how long it took you to find one.
    I’m not disappointed. I’ve never been really satisfied with the sound of them. Time to move on.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Rockin' the Cosmos..

I’m not disappointed. I’ve never been really satisfied with the sound of them. Time to move on.
    more so that pesky floor tom you could never get to sound right .. and oh yeah , ya gotta get that matching 18"!

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    more so that pesky floor tom you could never get to sound right .. and oh yeah , ya gotta get that matching 18"!
    I actually managed to get the FT’s sounding ok. They just don’t have the sound my ears like.

And I’ll find an 18” at some point, trust me.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

I got less than I wanted but did well. Iím picking up a Black Sparkle Fade MCX double bass kit. Iíll come out ahead, monetarily. But Iím more excited to have a maple kit again. Already looking for a matching snare and 18Ē FT.
    Since that kit is of the MCX variety, i'm pretty sure you can still special order component drums straight from Pearl for it. I think only the MMX/BRX/etc were recently discontinued.

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Since that kit is of the MCX variety, i'm pretty sure you can still special order component drums straight from Pearl for it. I think only the MMX/BRX/etc were recently discontinued.
    I’m not paying custom/special order prices or waiting 6 months for a drum that will most likely pop up on eBay or reverb at some point. I can wait.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    I like the extended hoops...
    Same. Looks like fat tires on a hot rod!

8. Registered User

I’m not paying custom/special order prices or waiting 6 months for a drum that will most likely pop up on eBay or reverb at some point. I can wait.
    Congrats on the sale, the purchase and good luck on the 18" hunt. Seriously...GOOD LUCK!

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Congrats on the sale, the purchase and good luck on the 18" hunt. Seriously...GOOD LUCK!
    She went out today. Picking up the MCX tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Playing since 1976

I got less than I wanted but did well. I’m picking up a Black Sparkle Fade MCX double bass kit. I’ll come out ahead, monetarily. But I’m more excited to have a maple kit again. Already looking for a matching snare and 18” FT.
    This is a good guy to contact about an 18" floor. He can check with Pearl directly to see if they have one in inventory, or looking into ordering one. Of course, you know Chris at DOS could do that too. https://www.ebay.com/sch/percussionk...p2047675.l2562

Jon has several 18" floors right now... not your finish... but he gets 18s when he can.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    This is a good guy to contact about an 18" floor. He can check with Pearl directly to see if they have one in inventory, or looking into ordering one. Of course, you know Chris at DOS could do that too. https://www.ebay.com/sch/percussionk...p2047675.l2562

Jon has several 18" floors right now... not your finish... but he gets 18s when he can.
    Thanks Matt. Going to pick the MCX up now...
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Masterworks Addict

This
    Attached Images Attached Images