Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 430 of 448 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430431432433434440 ... LastLast
Results 5,149 to 5,160 of 5375
  1. It's all about me...

....and I saw this today, hit it, loved the sound, so bought it..... now I'm rounded out 14,16,18,20 crashes....

Name:  20a.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  5.9 KB

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

2. Unban nik12

Last week I got a used DW 5000 2-leg hihat stand for $80. Picked up a used Mapex Sledgehammer snare today for $250 including brand new heads top and bottom. I got it mostly so I have a cheaper snare to take on tour when I don't want to take my bell brass out. I'm interested to see how it holds up, I had another Black Panther snare before and ended up selling it later on because a few lugs broke on me and I didn't want to risk it happening again. Very happy with my purchase, I should be able to make money off of it when it comes time to sell too.
    Last edited by MitchLyons; 03-10-2019 at 06:44 AM.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Last week I got a used DW 5000 2-leg hihat stand for $80. Picked up a used Mapex Sledgehammer snare today for $250 including brand new heads top and bottom. I got it mostly so I have a cheaper snare to take on tour when I don't want to take my bell brass out. I'm interested to see how it holds up, I had another Black Panther snare before and ended up selling it later on because a few lugs broke on me and I didn't want to risk it happening again. Very happy with my purchase, I should be able to make money off of it when it comes time to sell too.
    Great snare pick up. Curious. Were the lugs that broke on your other snare right where you rim shot all the time?
    Last edited by sticks4drums; 03-10-2019 at 09:33 AM.

4. NO KIT TOO BIG

Pearl 150 Hi Hat stand, going to all pearl stands and pedals on my gig kit, All 150 series except for 830 tom and snare stands.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

5. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Pearl 150 Hi Hat stand, going to all pearl stands and pedals on my gig kit, All 150 series except for 830 tom and snare stands.
    The H150S is a nice hi-hat stand. I have been using it for a while and am very happy with it.

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

6. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    The H150S is a nice hi-hat stand. I have been using it for a while and am very happy with it.
    Same. I've had mine since they were first available to order and it really holds up well. Surprisingly stable stand with my 16" K lights.

7. Playing since 1976

I finally found a Burning for Buddy Volume 2 CD at a reasonable price. Volume 1 is easy peasy to get, but Volume 2 is more scarce, and pretty expensive when you find one.

Name:  bfb12.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  140.1 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I finally found a Burning for Buddy Volume 2 CD at a reasonable price. Volume 1 is easy peasy to get, but Volume 2 is more scarce, and pretty expensive when you find one.

Name:  bfb12.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  140.1 KB
    Nice score Matt! I’d love to have those CDs. I didn’t know that the second one was so hard to find! Good to know!

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    ....and I saw this today, hit it, loved the sound, so bought it..... now I'm rounded out 14,16,18,20 crashes....

Name:  20a.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  5.9 KB
    Can’t go wrong with A Customs.

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    Nice score Matt! I’d love to have those CDs. I didn’t know that the second one was so hard to find! Good to know!
    CDs, in general, have really lost popularity, but I find that, even with my compromised hearing from playing drums for so many years, I hear the music so much better. I can't listen to the streaming services or satellite radio; it sounds like the tunes have been run through some bad effects processor.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    CDs, in general, have really lost popularity, but I find that, even with my compromised hearing from playing drums for so many years, I hear the music so much better. I can't listen to the streaming services or satellite radio; it sounds like the tunes have been run through some bad effects processor.
    I am a die hard CD collector. I believe if I want to own it, and it is available in physical medium, I will buy it that way. I may rip all my CDs for convenience in the car and devices, but at home I listen to the CDs. I also think they sound better, I know a lot of people claim you can’t hear the difference but I can.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    I am a die hard CD collector. I believe if I want to own it, and it is available in physical medium, I will buy it that way. I may rip all my CDs for convenience in the car and devices, but at home I listen to the CDs. I also think they sound better, I know a lot of people claim you can’t hear the difference but I can.
    I'm one of the few people that believe there are differences in digital audio sources, its just a question of looking into technically how a digital source is processed and formed into music. Even digital cables can make a difference. Sure, digital music is all just 1s and 0s, but its how those 1s and 0s transition - whether you get a perfectly formed square wave and to what extent the transition between 1s and 0s is perfectly timed.

I can play my CDs either directly in my CD player (a Wadia 861) or stream them via a squeezebox touch into the DAC of the exact same player. Its hard to tell much of a difference between the two sources, but playing via the SBT is slightly less upfront, detailed and engaging.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare