Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 482 of 539 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532 ... LastLast
Results 5,773 to 5,784 of 6468
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Your house reminds what a crap hole my drum room has become. I need shelves so badly.
    I second this. Total ****hole. Lol
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I second this. Total ****hole. Lol
    Name:  898255E6-A4B0-49F2-9769-5E2D69DB5C71.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  104.7 KB

3. Drumoholic

A 14x8 Black Beauty that was owned by Lester Estelle, Jr.

Practically brand new; he played a couple sessions on it, then stuck it in a case ever since.
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl - Soultone Cymbals - Evans - Vater

4. NO KIT TOO BIG

Another Yamaha groove wedge, 1 was just not enough Now have one on my Natal Bronze and one on my Natal Walnut. The price was way too good to pass up.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

5. Drummer since 1963

Ordered Friday.

6. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    Ordered Friday.
    Nice! I've been playing my 20" kick with the 10" tom and 16" floor for the past couple of weeks. The new Session Studio Select series is insanely nice for the price. What size kick did you order? That's the 20" in the pic...

7. Skeld-the -wicked

Congratulations Ron on your new Sessions!
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    Pearl Masters Premium MRP 14x5.5 snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

8. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Nice choice, Ron!

9. Skeld-the -wicked

It’s been a great year for me with gear acquisition. All used gear in great condition.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    Pearl Masters Premium MRP 14x5.5 snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

10. Drummer since 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Nice! I've been playing my 20" kick with the 10" tom and 16" floor for the past couple of weeks. The new Session Studio Select series is insanely nice for the price. What size kick did you order? That's the 20" in the pic...
    No accident I pictured the 20". I only saw last night that reviewers were furnished kits with the 20" and they loved it! I've been wanting a 20" the last few years. I am short, less than 5'6", and, at my age, getting shorter all the time. The 20" is also probably a tad lighter in the weight department for transporting.
    10 & 16 sounds cool. I think Gabe Ford plays that configuration with Little Feat. I'm already considering getting an 8" tom and 6.5" snare.

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Congratulations Ron on your new Sessions!
    It’s been a great year for me with gear acquisition. All used gear in great condition.
    First, thanks!
    Congrats on picking up "like new" used stuff.
    I considered loftier used drums. I saw an amber Renown kit with 2 kicks and 3 or 4 toms but this could likely be my last kit and I wanted something NIB. (Actually, I plan to pick up a beater kit for $200 or less to have in reserve for hosting jam nights.)
    I shopped other brand's new drums and nobody had anything at this price point even close to the Studio Select. I absolutely loved Tama's birch/bubinga Starclassic shells and I think these along the same lines only it's Pearl. Even if I try to stray from Pearl Drums I can't.
    It's stupid, I know, but another thing I love about the shells is the dark inner plies. They're just cool looking.
    I'm geeking out so bad I've ordered a drum shield with my initials for the front kick head.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    No accident I pictured the 20". I only saw last night that reviewers were furnished kits with the 20" and they loved it! I've been wanting a 20" the last few years. I am short, less than 5'6", and, at my age, getting shorter all the time. The 20" is also probably a tad lighter in the weight department for transporting.
    10 & 16 sounds cool. I think Gabe Ford plays that configuration with Little Feat. I'm already considering getting an 8" tom and 6.5" snare.

First, thanks!
    Congrats on picking up "like new" used stuff.
    I considered loftier used drums. I saw an amber Renown kit with 2 kicks and 3 or 4 toms but this could likely be my last kit and I wanted something NIB. (Actually, I plan to pick up a beater kit for $200 or less to have in reserve for hosting jam nights.)
    I shopped other brand's new drums and nobody had anything at this price point even close to the Studio Select. I absolutely loved Tama's birch/bubinga Starclassic shells and I think these along the same lines only it's Pearl. Even if I try to stray from Pearl Drums I can't.
    It's stupid, I know, but another thing I love about the shells is the dark inner plies. They're just cool looking.
    I'm geeking out so bad I've ordered a drum shield with my initials for the front kick head.
    What made you move on from the SPX?

I’m about to list my kit. Looking for something new myself.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Drummer since 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Nice choice, Ron!
    Thanks, Feenix!