Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 623 of 626 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626 LastLast
Results 7,465 to 7,476 of 7509
  1. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    I picked up a bunch of heads and Puresound snares the other day and they arrived this morning.

    The idea is to purchase whatever heads I need for a project but then pull from my own inventory so I don’t have to wait for delivery.

    Name:  3BE7307D-F497-46E1-A5FA-125E680727C2.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  136.7 KB

    Name:  8E521621-369A-40A1-8456-9811C7F2896F.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  117.8 KB

  2. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    6,662

    Default

    I posted about it in my kit thread, but in order to avoid having to constantly convert my Speed Cobras from doubles to singles and vice versa, I ended up getting a really sweet deal on two Speed Cobra single pedals with cases, only $220 shipped.

    Also, if anyone would like to trade my DW 5000 hihat stand for an Iron Cobra or Speed Cobra hihat stand, you know where to find me!
    Black Lives Matter

    Tama Starclassic Maple

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Forest. ENGLAND
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Bought this Pearl 14x6.5 MK1 Steel Free Floater & it has been booted around by the courier & arrived like the pics below. Mortified.
    The seller has been an absolute star though & will be chasing a claim as it was fully insured.
    Am on the look out for a cradle but am in the UK so it may be a long, hard, hunt. In the meantime, I have been watching YouTube videos & I 'think' I have taught myself to use these Lumiweld Rods.

    DB10AB3E-7C2D-4E75-A773-8CBAA054EFD0_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    3785DD99-9397-4E34-92A7-7EAC5D44195A_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    D3B65EE0-88DF-4636-86BA-AC0D305529CF_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    4F80D332-04FB-4123-AED2-C68F71ECF0FF_1_201_a by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    5924D57A-B406-40D6-87E4-ECA7191FAB99 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

  4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean
    Posts
    19,773

    Default

    Itís messed up how one little bit of damage makes the drum almost worthless. What do you need really, replacement for the rim above the rim? Pearl still makes Free Floating Snares, no? Could you use a newer one?

  5. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,906

    Default

    What’d they do, hack at it with a pickaxe? Jesus.
    Way Too Much Crap

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Forest. ENGLAND
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    It’s messed up how one little bit of damage makes the drum almost worthless. What do you need really, replacement for the rim above the rim? Pearl still makes Free Floating Snares, no? Could you use a newer one?
    It's just the cradle that is knackered. The rest survived........just. I am on the look out for a cradle but finding one in the UK is proving problematic at the moment.
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Forest. ENGLAND
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    What’d they do, hack at it with a pickaxe? Jesus.

    The packing was dreadful so it wasn't really a surprise when I opened it
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

  8. Skeld-the -wicked

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    3,057

    Default

    That is so unfortunate Kevaruka , I know how excited you were. Maybe check with drum shops in Japan online and I will help you here in the USA. for a 1st gen cradle also pm Richie Rich I’m sure he would be glad to help if possible.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 05-23-2021 at 08:06 AM.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc 14x5.5 Masterworks African Mahogany Snare
    Pearl Professional MLX 5pc including 1st generation Free Floater Snare.
    Ian Paice Signature Snare,
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sherwood Forest. ENGLAND
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    That is so unfortunate Kevaruka , I know how excited you were. Maybe check with drum shops in Japan online and I will help you here in the USA. for a 1st gen cradle also pm Richie Rich I’m sure he would be glad to help if possible.
    Brilliant & thank you
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Hello to whomever reads this and thank you in advance for any guidance you can render. I just bought a Vintage Pearl (1988) 4-drum piece kit, in a beautiful red lacquered finish underneath of which you can se the grain of the wood, for $350.00. The hardware weighs more than my car (well, okay not that much but man is it heavy! The owner says that he originally paid $2800 for the kit, back in 1990. The badge says 'Pearl All Birch Shell" with no other identifying words or symbols other than a serial number: 619991 It is in exquisite condition except for a few minor chips on the edge of the bas drum rim. I'm trying to ascertain it's worth in todays market. Any thoughts my fellow Pearl Drum aficionados? Also he says it is a "Power Drum Kit" Thank you so much. Thomas (MiName:  VPB3.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  67.4 KB

  11. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tr8drummer View Post
    Hello to whomever reads this and thank you in advance for any guidance you can render. I just bought a Vintage Pearl (1988) 4-drum piece kit, in a beautiful red lacquered finish underneath of which you can se the grain of the wood, for $350.00. The hardware weighs more than my car (well, okay not that much but man is it heavy! The owner says that he originally paid $2800 for the kit, back in 1990. The badge says 'Pearl All Birch Shell" with no other identifying words or symbols other than a serial number: 619991 It is in exquisite condition except for a few minor chips on the edge of the bas drum rim. I'm trying to ascertain it's worth in todays market. Any thoughts my fellow Pearl Drum aficionados? Also he says it is a "Power Drum Kit" Thank you so much. Thomas (MiName:  VPB3.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  67.4 KB
    It looks like an Export kit to me. I’d say its worth anywhere from $250 to $350 for just the drums. If you sell it with the hardware and some cheap cymbals to a beginner, you might be able to ask upwards of $5-600.

  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    It looks like an Export kit to me. I’d say its worth anywhere from $250 to $350 for just the drums. If you sell it with the hardware and some cheap cymbals to a beginner, you might be able to ask upwards of $5-600.
    Did Pearl ever make a birch Export?
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •