Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 503 of 525 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513 ... LastLast
Results 6,025 to 6,036 of 6289
  1. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Thanks Al. Now to get to work on finding that elusive 18”...
    Hope you have better luck than me finding a 22" kick for my VBA kit....farking impossible....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

2. Drumming Since 1943

There is a 14 x 14 with the same hardware is my kit on reverb but itís $500. Iím not paying $500 for a single drum.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Registered User

There is a 14 x 14 with the same hardware is my kit on reverb but it’s $500. I’m not paying $500 for a single drum.
    No. I found an 18" in Piano Black lacquer session Elite. Not giving $500 or $600 or whatever it was.

Dude those ports on your kicks would look good with those chrome rings on them.

Name:  image-1234459832.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  456.3 KB

Like this one. The rocket toms look good too. You going to put a black sparkle fade paint on them or leave them as is?

4. Drumming Since 1943

powdercoat the lugs and hoops.

Like this one. The rocket toms look good too. You going to put a black sparkle fade paint on them or leave them as is?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=therocker;1854459940]No. I found an 18" in Piano Black lacquer session Elite. Not giving $500 or $600 or whatever it was.

It’s funny you mention the ports: the dude made the same mistake I did- he put both ports on the same side and it’s driving me nuts. I’m gonna invert the right one and black out the Evans logo. Then apply the pearl logo stickers.

As far as the Rocket Toms, I have some decisions to make: leave them as is as they DO kinda meld with the shells, take one of the drums to a body shop and see if they can match the fade or paint them black like they were originally. Either way, I’m gonna paint or
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Starclassic Guy

powdercoat the lugs and hoops.

Like this one. The rocket toms look good too. You going to put a black sparkle fade paint on them or leave them as is?
    Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    No. I found an 18" in Piano Black lacquer session Elite. Not giving $500 or $600 or whatever it was.

Itís funny you mention the ports: the dude made the same mistake I did- he put both ports on the same side and itís driving me nuts. Iím gonna invert the right one and black out the Evans logo. Then apply the pearl logo stickers.

As far as the Rocket Toms, I have some decisions to make: leave them as is as they DO kinda meld with the shells, take one of the drums to a body shop and see if they can match the fade or paint them black like they were originally. Either way, Iím gonna paint or
    Instead of blacking them out, use some finger nail polish remover, and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then wipe it off. It worked like a charm, didnt harm the head in anyway, and didnt take but a few minutes. I didnt want the remo logo on this head when we put our (admittedly stupid named) logo on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    Instead of blacking them out, use some finger nail polish remover, and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then wipe it off. It worked like a charm, didnt harm the head in anyway, and didnt take but a few minutes. I didnt want the remo logo on this head when we put our (admittedly stupid named) logo on it.
    Cool. Will do. Thanks Phil.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    why yes ..

8. Playing since 1976

Cool. Will do. Thanks Phil.
    Just use straight Acetone... and don't use a paper towel... you'll scratch the black Mylar. Just an old towel or sock you don't mind throwing out. Then you can orient the heads anyway you like.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Just use straight Acetone... and don't use a paper towel... you'll scratch the black Mylar. Just an old towel or sock you don't mind throwing out. Then you can orient the heads anyway you like.
    So not nail polish remover?
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Most nail polish remover is primarily Acetone (except for maybe some "eco-friendly" or sensitive skin types). But if you don't have any acetone lying around, nail polish remover should work fine as well. As always, test on a small area first and see how it does.

11. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Most nail polish remover is primarily Acetone (except for maybe some "eco-friendly" or sensitive skin types). But if you don't have any acetone lying around, nail polish remover should work fine as well. As always, test on a small area first and see how it does.
    So not nail polish remover?
    I mentioned those two key things because 1) many people don't know paper towels can act as sand paper, and 2) many women today are using the non-acetone nail polish remover, which may not even remove the logos. If you have an old cloth, and some acetone nail polish remover, then go for it!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I mentioned those two key things because 1) many people don't know paper towels can act as sand paper, and 2) many women today are using the non-acetone nail polish remover, which may not even remove the logos. If you have an old cloth, and some acetone nail polish remover, then go for it!
    Will be doing so forthwith!
    Way Too Much Crap