Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default So many subforums... hope I'm in the right one

Drum series ID anyone? Lousy pic from a FB ad. Looks like bridge type lugs so fairly recent but no ISS mounts. And gold sparkle wrap?
    Any guesses? Name:  69655927_2450915325228738_6334535763224428544_n.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  108.9 KB

2. Drumming Since 1943

It looks like a cheap kit that someone inexplicably took the time to put newer Masters lugs on. I’d pass.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    It looks like a cheap kit that someone inexplicably took the time to put newer Masters lugs on. Id pass.
    I'm thinking the same thing but I'm also thinking that's a lot of hardware and a decent steel Sensitone for $125. Also it would be a woodshed kit. Appreciate the input!

4. Registered User

You ain't lying about too many sub-forums, OP.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Mike88se View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing but I'm also thinking that's a lot of hardware and a decent steel Sensitone for $125. Also it would be a woodshed kit. Appreciate the input!
    No problem!
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Now With More "Whiz"

Snare has a Sensitone badge (or so it appears) and could be worth $40-50 US. It's a decent workhorse snare, but It may also be missing the snares and possibly the throw off (can't see the other side to confirm) - might be a plastic snare ribbon on there, but it is hard to tell. Those bridge lugs, I believe, were used on Masters and Sessions (and possibly Exports) back in the day, but it's really tough to tell what the drums might actually be. I'd pass on it just because I wouldn't want to go to that location to look at it.

Other than desperation, I don't understand why people trying to sell an item(s) won't just take a few extra minutes to photograph the item(s) in a clean and decluttered environment. Stands strewn everywhere, garden hose draped over the snare stand. I don't even want to know what you might find on whatever muffling device (aka old sheets or blankets) is currently in the bass drum.

And yes, to the Pearl "powers that be", while I appreciate that this site is part of your promotional site to sell Pearl products, rather than flip used drums, it really could use some decluttering and condensing. It's free to me, so I will not grumble too loudly, but it could certainly stand to be streamlined. I'm guessing that social media has taken over the focus of the marketing division, but for those of us dinosaurs who don't Tweet, or subject ourselves to the Book of Faces or Pimptress, it is becoming a bit nebulous to navigate.

Rants are over; I will do my best to demonstrate a more positive attitude throughout the remainder of the day.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Snare has a Sensitone badge (or so it appears) and could be worth $40-50 US. It's a decent workhorse snare, but It may also be missing the snares and possibly the throw off (can't see the other side to confirm) - might be a plastic snare ribbon on there, but it is hard to tell. Those bridge lugs, I believe, were used on Masters and Sessions (and possibly Exports) back in the day, but it's really tough to tell what the drums might actually be. I'd pass on it just because I wouldn't want to go to that location to look at it.

Other than desperation, I don't understand why people trying to sell an item(s) won't just take a few extra minutes to photograph the item(s) in a clean and decluttered environment. Stands strewn everywhere, garden hose draped over the snare stand. I don't even want to know what you might find on whatever muffling device (aka old sheets or blankets) is currently in the bass drum.

And yes, to the Pearl "powers that be", while I appreciate that this site is part of your promotional site to sell Pearl products, rather than flip used drums, it really could use some decluttering and condensing. It's free to me, so I will not grumble too loudly, but it could certainly stand to be streamlined. I'm guessing that social media has taken over the focus of the marketing division, but for those of us dinosaurs who don't Tweet, or subject ourselves to the Book of Faces or Pimptress, it is becoming a bit nebulous to navigate.

Rants are over; I will do my best to demonstrate a more positive attitude throughout the remainder of the day.
    Agreed!
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Rockin' the Cosmos..

you can tell a lot about someone just by the way they keep their vehicle and their house/yard ... anyhoo, no idea what series .. $125? offer $75 tops .. those stands have rust .. lol

9. Registered User

Lugs and hardware are from the Vision line. Might be a re-wrapped VSX.

Pearl did offer an orange sparkle vsx but that looks more gold than orange. Could be the lighting though..
    Last edited by TWH; 10-05-2019 at 08:18 PM.

10. th droids yerlookn4

looks like a visions kit

11. th droids yerlookn4

like this one

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Pe...hoCm5kQAvD_BwE
    Attached Images Attached Images    

12. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    looks like a visions kit
    100%