Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 19
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default So many subforums... hope I'm in the right one

    Drum series ID anyone? Lousy pic from a FB ad. Looks like bridge type lugs so fairly recent but no ISS mounts. And gold sparkle wrap?
    Any guesses? Name:  69655927_2450915325228738_6334535763224428544_n.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  108.9 KB

  2. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,596

    Default

    It looks like a cheap kit that someone inexplicably took the time to put newer Masters lugs on. I’d pass.
    Way Too Much Crap

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    It looks like a cheap kit that someone inexplicably took the time to put newer Masters lugs on. Id pass.
    I'm thinking the same thing but I'm also thinking that's a lot of hardware and a decent steel Sensitone for $125. Also it would be a woodshed kit. Appreciate the input!

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    426

    Default

    You ain't lying about too many sub-forums, OP.

  5. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike88se View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing but I'm also thinking that's a lot of hardware and a decent steel Sensitone for $125. Also it would be a woodshed kit. Appreciate the input!
    No problem!
    Way Too Much Crap

  6. Now With More "Whiz"

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sunken into yet another sub-forum
    Posts
    3,100

    Default

    Snare has a Sensitone badge (or so it appears) and could be worth $40-50 US. It's a decent workhorse snare, but It may also be missing the snares and possibly the throw off (can't see the other side to confirm) - might be a plastic snare ribbon on there, but it is hard to tell. Those bridge lugs, I believe, were used on Masters and Sessions (and possibly Exports) back in the day, but it's really tough to tell what the drums might actually be. I'd pass on it just because I wouldn't want to go to that location to look at it.

    Other than desperation, I don't understand why people trying to sell an item(s) won't just take a few extra minutes to photograph the item(s) in a clean and decluttered environment. Stands strewn everywhere, garden hose draped over the snare stand. I don't even want to know what you might find on whatever muffling device (aka old sheets or blankets) is currently in the bass drum.

    And yes, to the Pearl "powers that be", while I appreciate that this site is part of your promotional site to sell Pearl products, rather than flip used drums, it really could use some decluttering and condensing. It's free to me, so I will not grumble too loudly, but it could certainly stand to be streamlined. I'm guessing that social media has taken over the focus of the marketing division, but for those of us dinosaurs who don't Tweet, or subject ourselves to the Book of Faces or Pimptress, it is becoming a bit nebulous to navigate.

    Rants are over; I will do my best to demonstrate a more positive attitude throughout the remainder of the day.

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Snare has a Sensitone badge (or so it appears) and could be worth $40-50 US. It's a decent workhorse snare, but It may also be missing the snares and possibly the throw off (can't see the other side to confirm) - might be a plastic snare ribbon on there, but it is hard to tell. Those bridge lugs, I believe, were used on Masters and Sessions (and possibly Exports) back in the day, but it's really tough to tell what the drums might actually be. I'd pass on it just because I wouldn't want to go to that location to look at it.

    Other than desperation, I don't understand why people trying to sell an item(s) won't just take a few extra minutes to photograph the item(s) in a clean and decluttered environment. Stands strewn everywhere, garden hose draped over the snare stand. I don't even want to know what you might find on whatever muffling device (aka old sheets or blankets) is currently in the bass drum.

    And yes, to the Pearl "powers that be", while I appreciate that this site is part of your promotional site to sell Pearl products, rather than flip used drums, it really could use some decluttering and condensing. It's free to me, so I will not grumble too loudly, but it could certainly stand to be streamlined. I'm guessing that social media has taken over the focus of the marketing division, but for those of us dinosaurs who don't Tweet, or subject ourselves to the Book of Faces or Pimptress, it is becoming a bit nebulous to navigate.

    Rants are over; I will do my best to demonstrate a more positive attitude throughout the remainder of the day.
    Agreed!
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Rockin' the Cosmos..

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sirius-2DS
    Posts
    4,195

    Default

    you can tell a lot about someone just by the way they keep their vehicle and their house/yard ... anyhoo, no idea what series .. $125? offer $75 tops .. those stands have rust .. lol

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Lugs and hardware are from the Vision line. Might be a re-wrapped VSX.

    Pearl did offer an orange sparkle vsx but that looks more gold than orange. Could be the lighting though..
    Last edited by TWH; 10-05-2019 at 08:18 PM.

  10. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,657

    Default

    looks like a visions kit

  11. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,657

    Default

    like this one

    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Pe...hoCm5kQAvD_BwE
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  12. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    looks like a visions kit
    100%

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •