Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 651 of 662 FirstFirst ... 151551601641647648649650651652653654655661 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,812 of 7943
  1. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Well, after eight an a half months, the last piece of my shell bank has arrived!

Attachment 522006

…unless I get that matching gong bass.
    That is really cool!

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    6x7 | 6x7 | 8x7 | 8x7 | 8x8 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 18x16 | 18x14G | 20x14G | 20x16 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

2. Registered User

Well, after eight an a half months, the last piece of my shell bank has arrived!

Attachment 522006

Gong bass or bust.

3. Registered Loser

Attachment 522006

You keep adding more bass drum subwoofers and DW will be sending you a cease and desist.

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    You keep adding more bass drum subwoofers and DW will be sending you a cease and desist.
    John Good and Don Lombardi are already watching. Limbering you their lawyers.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Awesome selection Josh!
    Thanks! I’m excited to swap things out here as soon as the drum room is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    That is really cool!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Gong bass or bust.
    I’m really considering it… though I’d probably want to build a little stealth rack to support it, I’d most likely use it in a second floor tom position.

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Haha, its funny you say that, I had the 22’ in front of my 20” kick for some time. The sound is indescribable. Almost synthetic sounding, like what you’d hear from an E-Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    John Good and Don Lombardi are already watching. Limbering you their lawyers.
    Tell ‘em to COME AT ME!!!! AHHHHHHGH!!!

…sorry, I just had my daily breakfast energy drink.

6. PDF Renaissance man!

Looking great JC! Definitely do the Gong Drum too, would be a shame not to complete the set!

Eagerly waiting a bass drum delivery of my own in the next month or so, a nice 20x14" Natal to match the Racing Green Sparkle kit.
    More drums than you can shake a stick at...
    https://www.charliesmithdrummer.com

Also a Podcaster - Groovecast

7. ....

Todays delivery. A couple of B-1030's. K Custom Dark China here any day now...

Edit: did not realise that was going to be sideways :/ Several beers in and on phone, sideways will remain.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pearl Reference - Inca Gold Burst with Black Hardware
    20x16 10x8 12x9 14x14 16x14 (ETA Jan 2022)
    Snare: Masters Maple Complete 14x5.5- Antique Walnut

8. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Looking great JC! Definitely do the Gong Drum too, would be a shame not to complete the set!

Eagerly waiting a bass drum delivery of my own in the next month or so, a nice 20x14" Natal to match the Racing Green Sparkle kit.
    Thanks man! I’m really considering the gong drum. The wife is on to how much I’ve been spending lately though, and I’ve accrued a decent collection of things to hit with sticks over the past few years.

How long was the wait on your new kick drum? I think overall, 20” is the perfect size kick drum for most versatility. It can thump with a decent attack, its easy to haul around, and its enough smaller than the 22” to accommodate noticeably tighter set ups. Keep us posted for sure. Im looking forward to seeing that set up!

9. PDF Renaissance man!

How long was the wait on your new kick drum? I think overall, 20” is the perfect size kick drum for most versatility. It can thump with a decent attack, its easy to haul around, and its enough smaller than the 22” to accommodate noticeably tighter set ups. Keep us posted for sure. Im looking forward to seeing that set up!
    They said 4-6months on ordering (mind that was pre-shipping issues post COVID/Brexit over here) and its just past the 5 month mark, so expecting it any time soon.

I totally agree, I'm actually not a huge fan of 22's, the Premier and Ludwig ones I have are great sounding but anything deeper than a 16" tends to feel a bit flat too me. I much prefer smaller bass drums, and pretty much use 18's or 20's for all of the work I do. I love the tightness and thump you get from them, just the overall playing feel, and how much easier they are to move around and get in and out of cars. Just the 18x14" Natal has worked on anything from jazz trios to rock gigs, and has never had a bad review yet, so having the 20" option will just make it easy to get the right sounds on the right gigs or sessions. And if I have the space one day, I'd love to do the whole Stanton/Ash Soan thing of having the 20" set wide open and rigged as an aux bass drum in a recording situation.

On the subject of that old Premier Elite too, I spotted a bargain 24x14" BD used so thats joining the arsenal at some point too, probably more a recording drum than a live choice mind! That kit only leaves the house when I do the Phil Collins tribute stuff, just for authenticity's sake!
    More drums than you can shake a stick at...
    https://www.charliesmithdrummer.com

Also a Podcaster - Groovecast

10. Unban nik12

Picked this up at Memphis Drum Shop for $100 and some change. Never seen a raw Zil-Bell with the Avedis logo at the top of the cymbal. Sounds pretty damn good and loud as all hell. The raw finish helps mute some of those super high end overtones and controls the sustain a bit. Very cool effect, excited to add it to my kit.

Name:  DD47C767-0776-40DC-A6DB-90968B9238D5.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  78.7 KB
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

11. FKA Tasty808

Hey Mitch, that looks like it was probably made for an artist. Matt Greiner collaborated with Zildjian and came out with the 7” Blast bell from their Concept Shop series. You can see it next to my smaller (6”?) Zil-Bel in this picture. Pretty cool find!

Name:  2F1EA47A-2EE6-4192-9CF0-2D3644DA7F10.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  49.9 KB

On the topic of Zildjian’s Concept Shop, they just released four new models. The 22” Mega Doom, 24” Orchestral Ride, and 14” and 15” Fat Hats(!)…

https://zildjian.com/cymbals/drumset/concept-shop.html

Name:  56D25CB5-1BA7-49C3-B479-D3F70E76BA67.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  28.1 KB

12. FKA Tasty808

I was fortunate enough to score a set of the 15” Fat Hat prototypes about six years ago for less than $250! I frequently used the 15” Fat Hat bottom with a 15” K Light hi hat top and it sounded amazing.