Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 420 of 421 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421 LastLast
Results 5,029 to 5,040 of 5051
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    KellyShu No-Drill wiring kit...(the orange thingy on the Shu, and associated wiring/connectors)

    Attachment 512617
    Look great! Where did you find that wiring kit? I have not been able to find that online. I would love to mount up my mic with something like that.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    KellyShu No-Drill wiring kit...(the orange thingy on the Shu, and associated wiring/connectors)

    Attachment 512617
    Cool. I ran the jack through a small hole in the front bass head for my Shu.

  3. It's all about me...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Evidently Russia....
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Cool. I ran the jack through a small hole in the front bass head for my Shu.
    Yeah I didn't like the way the cable looked coming out the port I had, so I ran these thru the vent....pretty unobtrusive - since this kit isn't moving from it's spot, I mounted the external xlr connector to the rack all fanciful and stuff......

    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Yeah I didn't like the way the cable looked coming out the port I had, so I ran these thru the vent....pretty unobtrusive - since this kit isn't moving from it's spot, I mounted the external xlr connector to the rack all fanciful and stuff......
    Doesn’t that method then disable the vent? I mean, it IS there for a reason, no?
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. It's all about me...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Evidently Russia....
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Doesn’t that method then disable the vent? I mean, it IS there for a reason, no?
    Not really - plus I have 4" ports on the front of each kick.... That being said the cable doesn't plug the vent so air can still push out.....kicks sound amazing....

    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Yeah I didn't like the way the cable looked coming out the port I had, so I ran these thru the vent....pretty unobtrusive - since this kit isn't moving from it's spot, I mounted the external xlr connector to the rack all fanciful and stuff......
    I don't port so It was pretty hard to see. The nice thing about the Saturn is that I could actually take the legs off, rotate the kick so the vent is facing down, then reapply the legs, so you wouldn't see the cable at all coming out of the vent hole.


  7. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile-Apostle View Post
    I traded in my 19" K custom hybrid for a used 21" sweet ride. Unfortunately, GC couldn't do an even trade (sweet ride was $189) and I still had to fork over $60.... It crashes well with my 21" K crash/ride, so I think it was worth it
    i really want to get the 21 k crash/ride if i get it, it'll my first k since the k series china

  8. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    11,113

    Default

    finally received my 2 new SR2 cymbs....i'm guessing they were HH's in their previous life given their dark and low pitch...the 18'' sounds bustin amazing...the 16'' is ....well...a 16''...i have a full truck load of 16's and 17's so,just a new addition in this category


    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's



    WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

  9. It's all about me...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Evidently Russia....
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LDdrummer View Post
    Look great! Where did you find that wiring kit? I have not been able to find that online. I would love to mount up my mic with something like that.
    I got it directly from them when I had a face to face with them. Go to the site and email them - they’re super responsive.

    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    3,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    I got it directly from them when I had a face to face with them. Go to the site and email them - they’re super responsive.
    Thanks! I’ll email them about it then, I looked their site over and couldn’t find it anywhere.

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I saw it in person. Eh. There’s other things I would rather use hardware on.
    I like the black mist color, but i don't think I'd use something like that either.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  12. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    finally received my 2 new SR2 cymbs....i'm guessing they were HH's in their previous life given their dark and low pitch...the 18'' sounds bustin amazing...the 16'' is ....well...a 16''...i have a full truck load of 16's and 17's so,just a new addition in this category


    Nice cymbals Nelson. I have a large set of SR2s, and yours look like they were formerly AA or AAX cymbals. I don't see any hammering that would make me lean towards HH or HHX. The dark/low pitch can be from being very thin, and from being thinned down even further by the SR2 refurbishing process.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •