Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 552 of 555 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555 LastLast
Results 6,613 to 6,624 of 6651
  1. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Huh, look at that - I finally bought something drum related! Can't play it as I haven't even seen my drums this year, and likely won't for the remainder. Maybe next year... But still - these are hard to find nowadays, let alone in good condition (and sensible price). I bought this same cymbal waaaaaaaaaay back in the day (way over 20 years ago, I think 24) as one of my first "pro level" (god I hate that term) cymbals when I was still in my teens. It was my main left crash for years until it cracked. I drilled it, cracked through that, drilled it again, and it cracked through that too. I had to junk it after that, must have been around 2005.

    So I just need another 3 now to complete a set Another 17 and two 18's would be nice.

    Loved the old Z star-pattern design. Had them on a old WLX kit I bought off PDF member angelobeatmaker (Nick)
    Attached Images Attached Images  


    KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

    PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

  2. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Loved the old Z star-pattern design. Had them on a old WLX kit I bought off PDF member angelobeatmaker (Nick)
    That was the kit that inspired me to wrap my Export back in the day.
    Way Too Much Crap

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    You've had some great kits over the years Al.

  4. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    Just received these in the mail today.

    The 10" will get tube lugs and Mastercast hoops.

    The 13" will get stainless steel tension rods and Mastercast hoops as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,947

    Default

    What’s the 10”? Firecracker?
    Way Too Much Crap

  6. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Loved the old Z star-pattern design. Had them on a old WLX kit I bought off PDF member angelobeatmaker (Nick)
    The first gen Z Customs are getting hard to find now. I should have started collecting them years ago: I might have completed my collection by now if I had started 15 years ago when I thought of it. I'm up to: my original Dyno Beat hi hats (had for easily 22 years), a pair of Custom hi hats, a Custom logo'd Mega-Bell ride and this 17" Custom Medium crash. I need another 17" Custom Medium, and 2x 18" Custom Medium crashes, and an 18" Custom China (and a 12" Custom splash too) Sigh.......

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  7. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Just received these in the mail today.

    The 10" will get tube lugs and Mastercast hoops.

    The 13" will get stainless steel tension rods and Mastercast hoops as well.
    Nice grabs J-Con! I think I had a little snare just like that... look familiar?

    Name:  popcornsnareupdate.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  94.3 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  8. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    What’s the 10”? Firecracker?
    Might be similar... but it's 10"x6" and all maple. It's one of Pearl's effects snares.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Nice grabs J-Con! I think I had a little snare just like that... look familiar? <img src="https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=518680"/>
    Looks killer with the Optimount!

  9. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Yamaha vintage hoop for my Natal Maple snare, sounds incredible already! For more photos see my thread in the Snare section!

    Name:  115600529_2583826751867700_4039447300780949115_n.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  74.1 KB
    Last edited by RushDrums24; 07-23-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  10. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Yamaha vintage hoop for ma Natal Maple snare, sounds incredible already! For more photos see my thread in the Snare section!

    Name:  115600529_2583826751867700_4039447300780949115_n.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  74.1 KB
    That hoops is aging very well... I guessing you don't rimshot feverishly? Also, it looks like the cutout is right where my left stick would be making contact... is it that way for you?

    EDIT: I didn't see the hoop was new. That's a great find! I would like to buy a pair of them.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  11. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That hoops is aging very well... I guessing you don't rimshot feverishly? Also, it looks like the cutout is right where my left stick would be making contact... is it that way for you?

    EDIT: I didn't see the hoop was new. That's a great find! I would like to buy a pair of them.
    For sure its great for its age. Don't think it's ever been played, no marks or dents whatsoever. I'm definitely a little more careful with wood hoops (and not a hard hitter anyway), but they can take a surprising amount of abuse, has a wonderful sound, especially cross stick. The photo is a bit deceiving I think with the cutout, its far enough around to give me plenty of playing room with either hand. I like the throw off positioned right by my left knee.

    As for buying a set, if you come across them, do it and you won't regret it!
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier, Arbiter Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, PREMIER, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    5 Kits and 11 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    For sure its great for its age. Don't think it's ever been played, no marks or dents whatsoever. I'm definitely a little more careful with wood hoops (and not a hard hitter anyway), but they can take a surprising amount of abuse, has a wonderful sound, especially cross stick. The photo is a bit deceiving I think with the cutout, its far enough around to give me plenty of playing room with either hand. I like the throw off positioned right by my left knee.

    As for buying a set, if you come across them, do it and you won't regret it!
    Being in the UK have a look at the Belgian builder Lignum. They make contoured wood hoops similar to the former brand Guru and also like Stellar here in the US although lignum does steambent where Stellar was definitely segmented. They're pricey but take the concept of wood hoops even farther in terms of their sonic impact. I've had two pairs of Stellar hoop and both took quite the licking and held up just fine. A few tiny dents but the feel and sound are worth the cosmetic deterioration over time imho.

    https://www.lignumdrums.com/drums/steam-bent-hoops/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •