Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 469 of 477 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473 ... LastLast
Results 5,617 to 5,628 of 5717
  1. Starclassic Guy

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    I agree. I hope he didn't buy the snare with the intent to match the kit.

Nope. I dont like matching snares. I have the matching snare for both of my acoustic kits, and i almost never use them because i dont like the way matching snares look. And i have no problem using a different companys snare on my kit. I used to be like that, but since none of the companys pay me, ill use whatever brand i please. I also use pearl demon drive pedals with my tama iron cobra hi hat stands. and all of my tama hardware is mounted to a Gibraltar rack. I have a couple of other pearl snares too, with the intent of the next snare i get, will probably be a mapex or DW. Theres too many awesome snares out there to limit myself to one brand.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    Nope. I dont like matching snares. I have the matching snare for both of my acoustic kits, and i almost never use them because i dont like the way matching snares look. And i have no problem using a different companys snare on my kit. I used to be like that, but since none of the companys pay me, ill use whatever brand i please. I also use pearl demon drive pedals with my tama iron cobra hi hat stands. and all of my tama hardware is mounted to a Gibraltar rack. I have a couple of other pearl snares too, with the intent of the next snare i get, will probably be a mapex or DW. Theres too many awesome snares out there to limit myself to one brand.
    Everybody has their own taste and perspective.

I have several matching Pearl MW snares for my Pearl MW kits (in different sizes) which I usually use. However, I have a bunch of other Pearl snare drums that go with the color of my kit (even though the finish isn't the same). I prefer not to use something that doesn't coordinate with the color of the kit. I'd rather play Pearl snares and use Pearl hardware.

I've also made a number of custom snare drums of various metals and woods that I match with Pearl hardware and badges. Just my preference ...

I like those Pro-Line snare racks in your photo. I use a bunch of those too.
    Last edited by MusicMan; 08-28-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

3. Starclassic Guy

Everybody has their own taste and perspective.

I have several matching Pearl MW snares for my Pearl MW kits (in different sizes) which I usually use. However, I have a bunch of other Pearl snare drums that go with the color of my kit (even though the finish isn't the same). I prefer not to use something that doesn't coordinate with the color of the kit. I also prefer to play Pearl snares and use Pearl hardware.

I've also made a number of custom snare drums of various metals and woods that I match with Pearl hardware and badges. Just my preference ...

I like those Pro-Line snare racks in your photo. I use a bunch of those too.
    It used to really bother me if everything i had didnt match. Even my snares all had to be tama for a time (or pearl when i had a pearl session custom when i was younger) but i have a 3 year old now and am fortunate enough to be able to still put a lot of money into my hobby, but i dont have the energy to worry about brand loyalty anymore. If tama racks werent so ridiculously expensive, id probably still be that way, but after i put my kit on a gibraltar rack, i kind of just stopped caring about the brand, as long as it functioned as it should and sounds great. Actually my low key favorite snare i own is my Pearl session studio select snare. And it was one of my cheaper snares, and kind of shallow compared to how i prefer snare drums. I find its whats on my set most often, and it doesnt match my kit in the slightest.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

4. Purple Crazed

. . . i have a 3 year old now and am fortunate enough to be able to still put a lot of money into my hobby . . .
    Wow - given that children are to money, what blackholes are to light.

I'd rather play Pearl snares and use Pearl hardware.
    It used to really bother me if everything i had didnt match. Even my snares all had to be tama for a time (or pearl when i had a pearl session custom when i was younger) but i have a 3 year old now and am fortunate enough to be able to still put a lot of money into my hobby, but i dont have the energy to worry about brand loyalty anymore. If tama racks werent so ridiculously expensive, id probably still be that way, but after i put my kit on a gibraltar rack, i kind of just stopped caring about the brand, as long as it functioned as it should and sounds great.
    I had to give up brand loyalty when I had all Tama hardware but loved Pearl drums and I wanted to play them. Now I use a combination of Pearl Drums with Pearl+Tama+Hardware Store Hardware with a DW pedal.

But I have to draw the line with cymbals! That needs to all be the same. MM, any suggestions to replace the new SABIAN logo with old one? (I bought a SABIAN Cymbal Refresh kit, but the review said it was not worth the money )

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    MM, any suggestions to replace the new SABIAN logo with old one? (I bought a SABIAN Cymbal Refresh kit, but the review said it was not worth the money )
    Hi,

Thanks for asking. I don't have any suggestion (other than considering just removing the logos entirely).

I play only Zildjian cymbals (except for Aegean R-series quiet cymbals).

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    Wow - given that children are to money, what blackholes are to light.

I had to give up brand loyalty when I had all Tama hardware but loved Pearl drums and I wanted to play them. Now I use a combination of Pearl Drums with Pearl+Tama+Hardware Store Hardware with a DW pedal.

But I have to draw the line with cymbals! That needs to all be the same. MM, any suggestions to replace the new SABIAN logo with old one? (I bought a SABIAN Cymbal Refresh kit, but the review said it was not worth the money )
    You can buy logo stencils. Had one for my RBDR.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Registered User

I just picked up a 24x18 MMX bass drum in black mist. Boomin'! Added a couple of extra MHX mahogany toms, and presto.....a fun little gigging kit.
    Name:  2412.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  106.6 KBName:  241.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  115.8 KB

I meant to upload them sideways.....friggin app.
    [SIGPIC]

8. NO KIT TOO BIG

Few additions in the last few weeks

- 28" Pro racket wheeled hardware case (my previous spare has finally bitten the dust, was cheap in the first place so i'm wanting something much nicer to transport my perc rig in).

- Natal Pure Stave Walnut 14x5.5" snare, used on a gig last week, sounding mint.

- Pearl BC-150 boom stand, was in the sale, and couldn't pass it up.

And finally the biggie for this year, custom moulded Cosmic Ears CE3P triple driver IEMs, absolutely blew my old Shures away can't fault the quality. Done in a custom smoke shell with flesh faceplates, nice and sleek.

Name:  69312752_2310643875852657_933853132851511296_n.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  71.8 KB

(My setup for an am dram production of RENT last week)
    Name:  69304382_2312672848983093_2857276703615483904_n.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  67080652_2292478911002487_521405172853768192_n.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  59.2 KB
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Few additions in the last few weeks

- 28" Pro racket wheeled hardware case (my previous spare has finally bitten the dust, was cheap in the first place so i'm wanting something much nicer to transport my perc rig in).

- Natal Pure Stave Walnut 14x5.5" snare, used on a gig last week, sounding mint.

- Pearl BC-150 boom stand, was in the sale, and couldn't pass it up.
    Love the Protection Racket AAA Rigid cases in the background. I use those for all of my drums.

10. NO KIT TOO BIG

Love the Protection Racket AAA Rigid cases in the background. I use those for all of my drums.
    Currently just using them for snare and cymbals, with standard pro racket/ahead armor for everything else, but i'll likely convert my main kit to all AAAs when funds allow.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Currently just using them for snare and cymbals, with standard pro racket/ahead armor for everything else, but i'll likely convert my main kit to all AAAs when funds allow.
    Yes, they are expensive. It's taken me a couple of years to gather them all. Not to mention, some sizes have to be special ordered and are not available in the USA.

The only distributor here in the USA for Protection Racket is KMC Music. Unfortunately, they only carry a handful of the AAA cases since they take up a lot of room in their warehouse and don't sell very fast. I usually buy them from online stores in Germany or the UK because they are cheaper and all sizes are available to order.

I actually use both AAA Rigid and standard Protection Racket cases for all my drums. For example, I keep my 10x8 tom in a standard soft Protection Racket RIMS case inside of a 12x10 AAA Rigid case. The 2" differences fit perfectly for all the different sizes and enables me to store the drums securely at home in the AAA cases and then just take out the soft cases when I go to a gig.

MM
    Last edited by MusicMan; 08-29-2019 at 06:44 PM.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Red Wine Free Floater Shell from Bentley’s Drum Shop. Red Drums do sound better! The MHX 14 Floor Tom is in the background.
    Skeld that sure is a nice drum you weren't kidding
    Drum sets -
    Pearl Forum Series Red Sparkle - 22x16 kick,13x9 tom,16x16 floor tom
    Roland TD-25KV Electric Drum Set w/ Mesh Heads

Snares -
    1976 14x6.5 Ludwig Supraphonic LM402
    14x6.5 Pearl Reference Series Brass