Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 674 of 703 FirstFirst ... 174574624664670671672673674675676677678684 ... LastLast
Results 8,077 to 8,088 of 8429
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    One of my friends has exactly the same set, but filthy in the garage. It looks so nice clean.
    It's going to get a lot cleaner
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Premier Projector MK1. 12,13,16,22 in Piano Black
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Pearl (of course) Bass Boom Cajon. Christmas gift from Mrs. Kelly.
    That was nice of her! Enjoy

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    I've been kicking myself for never ordering one of these when they were available for order. Since they shuttered in 2018 (I believe) I've been passively searching for one. Due to a move and the fact the I can play acoustic drums whenever I want again, like I have for all but the last 3 years, I've started getting more serious about the search and finally scored this. Still looking for the matching wood hoops...

7x14 Guru InTense Ovangkol and Ash segmented snare.

Attachment 522598

I had to arrange a sale with a fellow drummer in NL, so hopefully it will be making its transatlantic voyage soon. So excited for this drum. I've been looking for a long time. They come up on Reverb and ebay very infrequently and when they do, the sell incredibly fast. I got lucky and the seller is as nice as they come, very grateful to him.
    Congratulations! Andy and Dean made drums as good as any. I have three of their snares and a kit. Such responsive and vibrant instruments. A shame that Andy had to pull the plug. I sold a Guru tigerwood snare last year because Im just not a 13 guy, and guys were beating down the door to buy it.
    Guru Tour padauk segmented
    Tama Star walnut and maple kits (indigo sen/emerald curly maple)
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic)
    Tama Starclassic walnut/birch (jade silk)
    Sonor Pro Lite blue sparkle

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Congratulations! Andy and Dean made drums as good as any. I have three of their snares and a kit. Such responsive and vibrant instruments. A shame that Andy had to pull the plug. I sold a Guru tigerwood snare last year because I’m just not a 13” guy, and guys were beating down the door to buy it.
    Thank you Steady! I've ogled your drums for a long time, im aware of your killer drums, Guru included.
    These are hard to come by, like really hard. Brady drums went nuts in their prices following the end of production and the Guru drums, due to their scarcity and reverence from their owners, seemed poised to follow suit. I won't pay twice as much for a Brady and wouldn't for one of these either. That makes me super fortunate to have met an owner willing to sell his basically, brand new drum, at an extremely fair price. He didn't have to, he wasn't actively looking to, luckily he just two, hahaha! Drummers can be really cool to one another most of the time and this is another example. Sometimes doing a good thing is more valuable than making an easy buck.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    Congratulations! Andy and Dean made drums as good as any. I have three of their snares and a kit. Such responsive and vibrant instruments. A shame that Andy had to pull the plug. I sold a Guru tigerwood snare last year because I’m just not a 13” guy, and guys were beating down the door to buy it.
    These are hard to come by, like really hard. Brady drums went nuts in their prices following the end of production and the Guru drums, due to their scarcity and reverence from their owners, seemed poised to follow suit. I won't pay twice as much for a Brady and wouldn't for one of these either. That makes me super fortunate to have met an owner willing to sell his basically brand new drum at an extremely fair price. He didn't have to, he wasn't actively looking to, luckily he had two, hahaha! Drummers can be really cool to one another most of the time and this is another example. Sometimes doing a good thing is more valuable than making an easy buck.

6. Blind and Faithless

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    That's a badass little kit. It looks so much more playable than a regular E-kit.
    Thanks! That was the goal. E-kits generally feel like toys to me (at least the ones within my budget). I'm planning to move back to a non-drum-friendly house, but I don't want to do what I did last time and just not play drums for 5 years. This kit should keep me from going crazy at home.

The thicker mesh heads came yesterday and feel much better than the single-ply. Still waiting on hihat controller. This is just using module's onboard sounds.

https://youtu.be/VlHOy6Ftja0

7. Because, @#ck you.

Finally showed up.....

Pearl Music City Custom, 14x6.5 Walnut shell with maple rings....my favorite wood combo for snares....

Name:  _NZ90915-Edit.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  109.8 KB

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

8. Drumming Since 1943

Gorgeous Tim. Congrats!
    Still Way Too Much Crap

9. Because, @#ck you.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Gorgeous Tim. Congrats!
    Thanks man - all the ribbing aside - I'm super happy with how this drum turned out....excited to get the kit re-worked now...

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Thanks man - all the ribbing aside - I'm super happy with how this drum turned out....excited to get the kit re-worked now...
    LOVE those lugs. Not a fan of flanged hoops but I’m sure they let that walnut sing.
    Still Way Too Much Crap

11. Registered User

Here's my last purchase before Xmas, but I just scored a new toy on eBay which should be coming early next week... I'll post an update when she arrives!

Name:  IMG-20211216-WA0001.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  36.0 KB

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gaffro View Post
    Here's my last purchase before Xmas, but I just scored a new toy on eBay which should be coming early next week... I'll post an update when she arrives!

Name:  IMG-20211216-WA0001.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  36.0 KB
    Is that red or just reflecting the background? Congrats either way!