Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 412 of 418 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416 ... LastLast
Results 4,933 to 4,944 of 5013
  1. Unban nik12

Roc-N-Soc motorcycle gas throne! Very excited to finally have another hydraulic throne after breaking the handle off of my old Gibraltar in high school.
    My DW Performance Series Drums

My band
    Revenge Season

Selling some gear, PM me for details
    19" Sabian Paragon China, 13x6.5 Joey Jordison Signature Snare (with logos), Pork Pie gold/leopard throne, Pearl 900 series snare stand

2. Registered User

Got a like new AAX 19 inch X Treme China. $110! Should be here in the next day or two.
    Session Studio Select - Antique Crimson Burst
    Sabian - B8 (next upgrade)
    Vater - Los Angeles 5A
    Aquarian Drum Heads
    Currently learning from Rick Stojak

3. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    Practice set? This?...

Attachment 511983
    exactly.were the very firsts offering such quality practice set.....far ahead of the DW unit back then...

however, i played many remo DRUM sets along the decades.....and i often refers to them as ''practice kits'''....probably because they were music school kits sporting smaller bass than usual like 18'' and even 16''. remo was fusion sizes oriented some decades ago.

LOL.
    Last edited by rollracer; 12-21-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. a.k.a. YtseJam

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    Unless you tune them like Terry Bozzio in the 80s:

https://youtu.be/tqW7Z93fXsE
    I've watched that on VHS like a million times. in my (then) teenage mind it looked like the best thing ever.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    I've watched that on VHS like a million times. in my (then) teenage mind it looked like the best thing ever.
    Hahahahahaha! Dude, same here! I think I may still have it (and the companion booklet) somewhere in storage.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

6. J-Con

Picked up an era correct 12" Gretsch Tom to go along with the 24" kick and 16" floor I got. The Tom was nearly three times the cost of the kick and floor at $140. But when I get some decent heads on the drum it should fit right in. It's natural finish but I kind of like the look... it's so hard rock!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. mean, nasty, & tired

Used Tama Starclassic B/B. Awesome kit; previous owner did not take care of it. Needs a thorough dismantling and cleaning, which will happen soon enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Unban nik12

Just got a DW Dogbone and a set of DW ft legs for $20 via Craigslist, the catch was the guy definitely on some kind of drugs. Oh well, I'll take it.

My band
    Revenge Season

19" Sabian Paragon China, 13x6.5 Joey Jordison Signature Snare (with logos), Pork Pie gold/leopard throne, Pearl 900 series snare stand

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Just got a DW Dogbone and a set of DW ft legs for $20 via Craigslist, the catch was the guy definitely on some kind of drugs. Oh well, I'll take it.
    Hot?

10. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Hot?
    Nah he wasn't too far gone enough to consider that, I talked drums with him for a short minute but he was very strange. Kind of shakey and talking fast without actually saying much, weird body language. Oh and his Honda Element had 3 cardboard windows, and he chastised me for using only DW hardware. He said "I used to be one of those exclusive users, you'll grow up one day", like thanks dude I just want the cheap hardware.

My band
    Revenge Season

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    I also got in some Remo heads for my '70s Rogers.
    This is my first step in switching to Remo from Evans.
    13" & 14" toms - coated Emperors / coated Ambassadors
    16" & 18" floor toms - coated Vintage Emperors / coated Ambassadors
    24" kick - coated P3 / Hazy Felt Tone P3
    I'm only now getting to these heads.
    My initial thoughts are the Remos sound and feel better than the Evans.
    None of the heads spun freely on any of the drums, but neither did the Level 360 Evans heads.

The only problem I'm having is the 16" floor tom sounds dull compared to the other toms.
    I don't think I was ever really happy with that drum regardless of what heads were on it, so I blame the drum.
    The Vintage Emperors are working fine on the two 18" floor toms.

My Evans bass drum setup was an MS1 batter and MS1 reso with a felt strip - no muffling inside.
    (MS1s are plain 10mil single ply marching heads with no muffling - basically a big smooth white G1)
    The Felt Tone P3 reso seems to be accomplishing the same thing as what I was doing with the Evans setup.
    I think I like the openness and attack of a non muffled batter more for this bass drum.
    Maybe I should have gone for a coated Emperor.
    And maybe I'm a man.
    Maybe I'm a lonely man who's in the middle of something that he doesn't really understand.

13/16/18 tom setup is pitched up a bit - sorta jazzy/Bonhamy
    14/18 tom setup is pitched down - indie rockish

Name:  IMAG7311.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  138.3 KB

Name:  IMAG7306.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  113.4 KB

12. Registered User

New SR017 throwoff. Replaces the beat up one on my Sensitone steel 12"