Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 411 of 453 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,932 of 5435
  1. It's all about me...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Evidently Russia....
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    This and a few other items to go with ...shipped on a pallet yesterday, won't see it until Jan 2nd and I won't get to start setting it up until Jan 15th..... :-(

    Name:  sessions.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  43.2 KB

    Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

  2. life start at 125bpm

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canadrums,nesting up in the mountains
    Posts
    11,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    The shells are Acousticon. I'm not sure what the finish is. Remo just describes them as "Metalized". There's no seam, so it's not a wrap. Some kind of paint maybe? It's textured, and feels kind of metallic. It's a mystery to me, haha.
    i played those with a 18bd back in the days i was using rental studios equiped with drum sets.love them. hardware is not the best, but those little practice kits sounds very good for the price.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's



    WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Vinnie Paul's REMO kit (VDoP-era) was an Acousticon. Yes, it's fiberglass.
    Do you mean the finish is fiberglass? I suppose it could be. Though I'm not seeing any kind of seam. The shells themselves are a proprietary material called Acousticon, which is essentially compressed wood pulp formed into a tube. Some Remo haters like to say they're made out of cardboard or toilet paper rolls.

    Vinnie's VDoP kit was the first (maybe second) incarnation of Acousticon. The Gold Crown drums are 3rd or 4th gen, I believe.

    https://support.remo.com/hc/en-us/ar...bile_site=true
    Last edited by Jerry Skiddz; 12-21-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i played those with a 18bd back in the days i was using rental studios equiped with drum sets.love them. hardware is not the best, but those little practice kits sounds very good for the price.
    Practice set? This?...

    Name:  remo-piece-practice-drum-kit_360_88db7b618584235af10b099ffca5d0c5.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  41.6 KB
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

  5. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    Do you mean the finish is fiberglass? I suppose it could be. Though I'm not seeing any kind of seam. The shells themselves are a proprietary material called Acousticon, which is essentially compressed wood pulp formed into a tube. Some Remo haters like to say they're made out of cardboard or toilet paper rolls.

    Vinnie's VDoP kit was the first (maybe second) incarnation of Acousticon. The Gold Crown drums are 3rd or 4th gen, I believe.

    https://support.remo.com/hc/en-us/ar...bile_site=true
    I meant to say "fiberboard". Essentially compressed and reinforced wood pulp.
    Way Too Much Crap

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I meant to say "fiberboard". Essentially compressed and reinforced wood pulp.
    Yeah. I know there's a stigma attached to the construction of Remo shells, but these newer ones are supposed to be a huge improvement in terms of durability. And they sound undeniably fantastic!.... Unless you tune them like Terry Bozzio in the 80s:

    https://youtu.be/tqW7Z93fXsE
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

  7. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,440

    Default

    Bozzio is a legend, no doubt about it. But I've never seen so much drum-wankery in one place at one time.

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Bozzio is a legend, no doubt about it. But I've never seen so much drum-wankery in one place at one time.
    He is an outstanding drummer! But yeah, he's pretty much the mayor of Wanktown.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

  9. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,440

    Default

    Hahaha, mayor of wanktown

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  10. Skeld-the -wicked

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    That’s some funny stuff ! That hair is disturbing. Anyway I might as well festoon this FF all over the forum. I got it Monday but havent had a chance to play it. Wow what a great sounding drum !
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters MRX 4pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare
    14 x 6.5 Maple FF Snare
    14x 5.5 Maple Snare
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    That’s some funny stuff ! That hair is disturbing. Anyway I might as well festoon this FF all over the forum. I got it Monday but havent had a chance to play it. Wow what a great sounding drum !
    Very nice! I have a 14x5 maple FF snare, but I've been wanting a 6.5", and wondering how the copper sounds in comparison.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    That’s some funny stuff ! That hair is disturbing. Anyway I might as well festoon this FF all over the forum. I got it Monday but havent had a chance to play it. Wow what a great sounding drum !
    That’s drum porn if I’ve ever seen it.
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •