Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 605 of 612 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609 ... LastLast
Results 7,249 to 7,260 of 7336
  1. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    The shell interiors look so nice.
    Matt, your pictures are always so clear. That Evolution ride is beautiful.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

2. FKA Tasty808

Matt, that prototype over the Z splash is similar to a pair I played a few years back at Rainbow Guitars in Tucson. They had such an awesome collection of drums and a cymbal room full of loose cymbals so you could make your own hi hat pairings. One of the combos I tried at the time, in order to replace my 12” ReMix hats if the need be, was a 12” K Dark splash over a Z Custom splash. In my mind I was thinking of the classic K/Z hi hat combo, but smaller, and they sounded amazing.

I bet that combo sounds as good as it looks!

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Matt, your pictures are always so clear. That Evolution ride is beautiful.
    Thanks Marv! It sounds as great as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Conover View Post
    Matt, that prototype over the Z splash is similar to a pair I played a few years back at Rainbow Guitars in Tucson. They had such an awesome collection of drums and a cymbal room full of loose cymbals so you could make your own hi hat pairings. One of the combos I tried at the time, in order to replace my 12” ReMix hats if the need be, was a 12” K Dark splash over a Z Custom splash. In my mind I was thinking of the classic K/Z hi hat combo, but smaller, and they sounded amazing.

I bet that combo sounds as good as it looks!
    Ha... you took the words right out of my mouth Josh... yes. That cymbal room sounds like a great place to explore all of the different hihat/stack possibilities. I've heard a lot of stacks, but none sound as nice to me as the Signature MP Max Stax. Here is the Low, and Hi, both inverted in a stealthy-style... but they sound exactly the same as the standard mounting. However, stacking them like this allows me to also play them delicately with the tip of the stick, as well as firmly with the neck.

Name:  LowandHighMaxStax.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  72.9 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE

4. Registered User

Do you find the Evo Ride has enough Ping for you?

I love the Evo crashes, chinas, splashes and hats. But was always tentative about the ride.

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Do you find the Evo Ride has enough Ping for you?

I love the Evo crashes, chinas, splashes and hats. But was always tentative about the ride.
    It's good for me. Crash-able rides almost always come with less ping, but the bell makes up for it, IMO. This ride is very similar to my K Custom Session ride, but it tends to overwhelm quicker than the K, but again that's okay. I have 5 rides now, and I'm glad they are not all the same. I have "very pingy" to "very crash-able", and a few in between.

I'm going to have to try out some of the other HHX Evolution cymbals; I bet I will like some of them.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

6. Registered User

Got a full set of Remo Fiberskyns for my toms to go with the snare head I got. They sound good in the garage, and I can't wait to hear them out on an actual stage.
    Don't pick a fight with a drummer... we beat things for a living.

7. old dog, new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I picked up some nice Sabian cymbals. Here is my new 20" HHX Evolution Ride... love it!

Attachment 520740
    I have the 21" and it's probably the nicest ride I've ever played if you want dark, complex, great bell and still crashable.

I also have the matching 17" and 18" crashes and I love them too.

Matt you and I are opposites as I never clean my cymbals
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

8. Registered User

Name:  20210405_182308.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  56.9 KBName:  20210405_182614.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  56.4 KBName:  20210405_201459.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  86.1 KB Can not speak highly enough about the custom Beato Pro Series 1 Bags I had made for my Gretsch kit. And talk about customer service! After I inquired to Beato about custom bags for my kit, Fred Beato personally called asking what I was looking for. From there, he had me measuring my drums and let me tell ya, they nailed it! Drums fit like a glove and these bags are built wonderfully! Highly recommend Beato to protect your kits!

9. Usurper Title

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I never clean my cymbals
    This is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Can not speak highly enough about the custom Beato Pro Series 1 Bags I had made for my Gretsch kit. And talk about customer service! After I inquired to Beato about custom bags for my kit, Fred Beato personally called asking what I was looking for. From there, he had me measuring my drums and let me tell ya, they nailed it! Drums fit like a glove and these bags are built wonderfully! Highly recommend Beato to protect your kits!
    That's some Grade-A customer service!

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I have the 21" and it's probably the nicest ride I've ever played if you want dark, complex, great bell and still crashable.

I also have the matching 17" and 18" crashes and I love them too.

Matt you and I are opposites as I never clean my cymbals
    Different strokes... some guys never clean their cymbals, some clean them all the time, some guys have someone else clean their cymbals all the time, and some guys break cymbals so frequently, there's no need to think about cleaning them! LOL
    Website ===> CLICK HERE

11. Registered User

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by K_50 View Post
    Beautiful! Is that black nickel hw? Looks like it but sometimes its hard to tell.