Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 603 of 612 FirstFirst ... 103503553593599600601602603604605606607 ... LastLast
Results 7,225 to 7,236 of 7336
  1. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,714

    Default

    So I finally got to give it a go earlier, sans band. It’s... very gongy. It has great stirk articulation on top but there’s an underlying tone that is displeasing to my ears. And the bell... honestly, my RBDR has a more crystalline tone. I'm not giving up and will be sending it to Sabian for refreshing but my initial impression is... eh.
    Way Too Much Crap

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    So I finally got to give it a go earlier, sans band. It’s... very gongy. It has great stirk articulation on top but there’s an underlying tone that is displeasing to my ears. And the bell... honestly, my RBDR has a more crystalline tone. I'm not giving up and will be sending it to Sabian for refreshing but my initial impression is... eh.
    I'm telling you man, before you change anything about it, put it in the mix. You will notice a significant difference in how it sounds when it isn't by itself. You may still not like it that much, but it's worth trying.

  3. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    I'm telling you man, before you change anything about it, put it in the mix. You will notice a significant difference in how it sounds when it isn't by itself. You may still not like it that much, but it's worth trying.
    I will.
    Way Too Much Crap

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    trick driveshaft for my eliminator pedals and my dw 9000 pedals

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    So I finally got to give it a go earlier, sans band. It’s... very gongy. It has great stirk articulation on top but there’s an underlying tone that is displeasing to my ears. And the bell... honestly, my RBDR has a more crystalline tone. I'm not giving up and will be sending it to Sabian for refreshing but my initial impression is... eh.
    The raw bell dry ride to me has the best bell sound in the sabian line up.

  6. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cuznred View Post
    The raw bell dry ride to me has the best bell sound in the sabian line up.
    Hard to argue with that, honestly.
    Way Too Much Crap

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Hard to argue with that, honestly.
    My 21" AA RBDR is still the best sounding ride I've ever played.


  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver_Stein View Post
    EDIT

    Now it works. Nice hats; I love Paistes.
    Last edited by HPD260; 04-01-2021 at 01:22 PM.

  9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    19,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver_Stein View Post
    This:
    Beautiful.

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Hard to argue with that, honestly.
    I used to have one in a 21" (rbdr) then I finally found my ultimate bell tone, and then Meinl discontinues the cymbal..... just my **** luck

    https://youtu.be/Vo17hrhQ3Is

  11. FKA Tasty808

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Just picked up two of the new S1030D snare stands and the new CLA130 bass drum hoop mount closed hi hat holders. Should be here by the 9th.

    I also picked up a Mike Mangini snare a few weeks ago so i ordered new heads, snares, Optimount, and some Mastercast hoops to see how they look.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •