Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 602 of 612 FirstFirst ... 102502552592598599600601602603604605606 ... LastLast
Results 7,213 to 7,224 of 7336
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Granted I'm only fighting with dogs usually, but I've bent more than one during the course of my career. It's not my favorite tool. I like it for it's portability and compactness and a couple other job-specific tasks relative to my profession, but for an impact weapon I am not a big fan.

Then again, I've worked for departments that are notoriously cheap in all the wrong areas, so there's a chance that everything I'm issued is a Chinese knockoff. No telling at this point.
    Fighting with dogs?
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Fighting with dogs?
    Ever tried to corral two extremely aggressive animals at once by yourself? Or had one on a leash and another show up when your nearest assisting officer is thirty minutes away? It's a fight in every sense of the word.

Animal Control is horrendously undertrained, underequipped, and understaffed. My last agency covered a county of over a million people situated over an area of 546 square miles. At any given time during my shift, there were five of us on duty, if we were lucky. It was usually three to four. I did 1,200 calls for service in my first eight months there.

3. Drumming Since 1943

Ever tried to corral two extremely aggressive animals at once by yourself? Or had one on a leash and another show up when your nearest assisting officer is thirty minutes away? It's a fight in every sense of the word.

Animal Control is horrendously undertrained, underequipped, and understaffed. My last agency covered a county of over a million people situated over an area of 546 square miles. At any given time during my shift, there were five of us on duty, if we were lucky. It was usually three to four. I did 1,200 calls for service in my first eight months there.
    I could NEVER do what you do.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

I could NEVER do what you do.
    I don't recommend it. It's a horrible field to be in. There is no winning.

But I digress. The new kit showed up today. Since I can't play it for the foreseeable future, I'm going to tear it down completely and give it a solid cleaning and probably a coat of carnauba wax.

Excuse the picture quality, my phone's a potato.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Drumming Since 1943

I don't recommend it. It's a horrible field to be in. There is no winning.

But I digress. The new kit showed up today. Since I can't play it for the foreseeable future, I'm going to tear it down completely and give it a solid cleaning and probably a coat of carnauba wax.

Excuse the picture quality, my phone's a potato.
    Nice! Pix quick!

Got my PBR...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

Nice! Pix quick!

Got my PBR...
    That thing looks like a beast.......bet that bell is loud as hell.

7. Drumming Since 1943

That thing looks like a beast.......bet that bell is loud as hell.
    Only tapped it a few times. Has a gongy tone that I’m not sure I like. Will be sending it out to Sabian at some point soon.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Only tapped it a few times. Has a gongy tone that I’m not sure I like. Will be sending it out to Sabian at some point soon.
    Get some time in with the band first. Rides like that almost always sound significantly better in the mix than they do alone.

9. Drumming Since 1943

Get some time in with the band first. Rides like that almost always sound significantly better in the mix than they do alone.
    Precisely my thought. It certainly FEELS different than my RBDR
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Comrade Tim

This - it's why I've kept the one Soultone on my kit and removed the logo. When practicing I only feel so so about the sound - on "tape" and live tho it's something else entirely....I have three people lined up to buy it if I ever decide to get rid of it and I've always gotten tons of compliments about the sound coming off of it at gigs....

*edit - I have yet to find a Zildjian that compares to the sound - the only one I've ever had/heard that's been close was a vintage (late 70's ish, maybe early 80's) 22" Zildjian Aevedis that I stupidly sold on ebay....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

11. FKA Tasty808

The box is sitting behind a locked door in an apartment building. The buzzers didnít work. Iím an on-duty cop. Do the math, Joshua. Lol
    Ahhhhhhh... missed the part of the story where it was behind a locked door. My bad?

12. Usurper Title

The new kit showed up today. Since I can't play it for the foreseeable future, I'm going to tear it down completely and give it a solid cleaning and probably a coat of carnauba wax.
    That looks hawt. Take some photos of the tear down and cleaning, and show us what they're made of!

Got my PBR...
    Now that's a ride cymbal!

My AA Metal-X ride is just like that. All ping, no wash, earth shattering bell. Sounds harsh and piecing on its own, but plays well into a mix, particularly with louder bands where it can make itself known—punk, rock, metal, and the like of course, but also plays well with big band swing.