Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 466 of 467 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467 LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,592 of 5599
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    2,521

    Default

    This is what happens when you visit the biggest drum shop on the planet: Noble&Cooley steambent maple 7x14.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Guru Tour padauk segmented 12, 16, 22, 7x14
    Tama Star walnut kit in Japenese sen indigo burst 10, 12, 16, 22, 6.5x14
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga Select (marbled green metallic) 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22, 5x14
    Tama Starclassic maple (Caribbean blue fade) 13, 16, 24, 6.5x14
    Sonor Pro Lite 13, 16, 22

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    This is what happens when you visit the biggest drum shop on the planet: Noble&Cooley steambent maple 7x14.
    Oh man that is nice!!

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    This is why I had a falling out with them - the 18" Extreme Crash I had broke during a show.....up to that point I hadn't broken a cymbal in better than 20 years....got into a big argument with them because they wouldn't do a thing except want to charge me for a new one. So I started dumping them. I have none left on my kit except that ride and the logo has been scrubbed....when I find a Zildjian to match the sound I'll replace it.....but with no logo, not really rushing into it....like I said, the sound is outstanding....hard to give that up....
    Soultone are just rebranded masterworks cymbals. They also use two other Turkish foundries to source and then brand the cymbals as their own. Once the logo is removed they really have zero to do with soultone any longer. It's just ashame that most people have no idea that they can get the exact same cymbals for less money from masterworks. You're literally paying extra for soultones ink. The handmade Turkish pies coming out of foundries like Masterkworks are really nice though. I've been playing Mehmet (mostly) and Agop cymbals, a few Byzance Meinls too for the last 10 years and will never part with the collection I've culled over that period. I love the handmade Turkish stuff, masterworks included. Jonah, if you really like the sound of the Soultone go to cymbalsonly.com and listen to the various sound files they have uploaded. Mycymbal has a nice selection of Turkish cymbals too. Sorry about your experience with Soultone but don't let them ruin your experience with the handmade Turkish stuff, f them.


    Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

  4. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    This is what happens when you visit the biggest drum shop on the planet: Noble&Cooley steambent maple 7x14.
    Very nice-looking drum Steady!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  5. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Near Macon, GA
    Posts
    6,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Soultone are just rebranded masterworks cymbals. They also use two other Turkish foundries to source and then brand the cymbals as their own. Once the logo is removed they really have zero to do with soultone any longer. It's just ashame that most people have no idea that they can get the exact same cymbals for less money from masterworks. You're literally paying extra for soultones ink. The handmade Turkish pies coming out of foundries like Masterkworks are really nice though. I've been playing Mehmet (mostly) and Agop cymbals, a few Byzance Meinls too for the last 10 years and will never part with the collection I've culled over that period. I love the handmade Turkish stuff, masterworks included. Jonah, if you really like the sound of the Soultone go to cymbalsonly.com and listen to the various sound files they have uploaded. Mycymbal has a nice selection of Turkish cymbals too. Sorry about your experience with Soultone but don't let them ruin your experience with the handmade Turkish stuff, f them.
    I forgot all about that relationship. I might need to look into some of the Masterworks stuff. Honestly as much as I love Zildjian, they lack that complexity that the Turkish-made stuff has.

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
    This is what happens when you visit the biggest drum shop on the planet: Noble&Cooley steambent maple 7x14.
    Homerun Steady! That looks beautiful!

  7. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    I'm sure it is a great sounding and well built drum. I just cannot get past the fact that the wood pattern reminds me of my days imaging histological sections in research labs. Kinda' reminds me of mouse spleen stained with DAB to test for Hodgkins Lymphoma.

    In any case, it's your drum, not mine, so enjoy it.
    Attachment 514629
    I knew I read something like this before. I did a quick check of your recent posts and found this.
    “Random side comment, I'm curious about the wall art in the 4th pic. Is that some sort of 3D esophageal, histological cross-section sculpture?”

    This is creepy.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

    Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

  8. Dude.

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Just got these 3 snares in! The DW sounds amazing and the Reference brass is a killer!!! Haven/t played the steel too much yet, so I have to give it a better go this weekend.

    Birth, Drums, Death.

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon2o1 View Post
    Just got these 3 snares in! The DW sounds amazing and the Reference brass is a killer!!! Haven/t played the steel too much yet, so I have to give it a better go this weekend.
    Nice little collection!
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  10. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,110

    Default

    x2

    Name:  pc200l.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  47.7 KB

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

  11. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackdragon2o1 View Post
    Just got these 3 snares in! The DW sounds amazing and the Reference brass is a killer!!! Haven/t played the steel too much yet, so I have to give it a better go this weekend.
    Daaaaamn! Those are some great looking snares man!

    I'd love the cast steel in 6.5" depth with tube lugs. One of my must have... eventually, snares. Lol

  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,392

    Default

    I havent seen my drums in months.
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •