Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 675 of 699 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685 ... LastLast
Results 8,089 to 8,100 of 8388
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Pics?
    Still Way Too Much Crap

2. Skeld-the -wicked

Default Masters Studio Vintage Sunburst

I posted some of these pics a month ago. I just picked up the 10Ē Tom today.
    Wiscaansin!

3. Registered User

Just got this guy in the post... Meinl Byzance Fat Stack - Matt Garstka signature.

Managed to pick it up second hand in like-new condition other than fingerprints. Might give it a buff up and see how it all comes out but not a necessity given all the outside finish is raw. Only the inside is traditional/sandblasted finish which picks up the prints.

I thought the contact points between the cymbals would be more sand blasted from what I saw/read online but it mostly looks traditional finish. Might just be the fingerprints disguising it though!

Very happy overall though. Never seen one in person let alone second hand. Saved me over £100 on the new price.

Unfortunately I don't have a proper kit set up at home so will have to wait until I next go to practice to try it out!

Name:  20220117_104327.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  114.3 KB

Name:  20220117_104342.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  88.6 KB

4. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by gaffro View Post
    Just got this guy in the post... Meinl Byzance Fat Stack - Matt Garstka signature.

Managed to pick it up second hand in like-new condition other than fingerprints. Might give it a buff up and see how it all comes out but not a necessity given all the outside finish is raw. Only the inside is traditional/sandblasted finish which picks up the prints.

I thought the contact points between the cymbals would be more sand blasted from what I saw/read online but it mostly looks traditional finish. Might just be the fingerprints disguising it though!

Very happy overall though. Never seen one in person let alone second hand. Saved me over £100 on the new price.

Unfortunately I don't have a proper kit set up at home so will have to wait until I next go to practice to try it out!

Name:  20220117_104327.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  114.3 KB

Name:  20220117_104342.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  88.6 KB
    Donít worry about cleaning it, those Extra Dry cymbals only get better with age and patina on them. The bottom of the cymbals should be a standard traditional finish, but I donít think you should worry about cleaning them at all. Enjoy it!
    Black Lives Matter

Tama Starclassic Maple

Selling a minty 14x6.5 Ian Paice Signature Snare! DM for info!

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    What sizes are those cymbals? I love the Equilibrium China, but can't stomach paying for one. I bet the stack sounds great.

As far as cleaning, I recommend cleaning both sides (of both cymbals) with diluted cymbal cleaner like Groove Juice, one bottle of cleaner along with one bottle of water. Rinse thoroughly and dry. I hope that pair of cymbal gives you many years of enjoyment!
    Thanks! The trash crash top is 18" and the bottom China is 16", so you get good contact between the edge of the China and the bottom of the crash. Can't wait to set up properly, I'll let you know how it sounds!

Thanks for the cleaning tips. I've never been one to clean cymbals before really, so might try it on some of my really dirty cymbsls to revive them a bit without stripping the age old patina off them, diluted groove juice sounds like a good plan...

I also love the equilibrium China. Favourite I've heard in ages. Keep an eye on this thread later today or tomorrow ��

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Don’t worry about cleaning it, those Extra Dry cymbals only get better with age and patina on them. The bottom of the cymbals should be a standard traditional finish, but I don’t think you should worry about cleaning them at all. Enjoy it!
    Yeah I've always kept cymbals dirty to get the patina building up. Convinced it sounds better! Although someone at a gig spilled something on my HHX China and I never got any cleaner to properly get it off, now it has splodges on it... I should probably try to get those off before I sell it!

I might try to buff these out with a microfiber cloth and see how it gets on. Looking at their condition I really don't think they've been used much, so I'll have to work on it myself to build up that patina!

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    How does Matt play that stack? I would try placing the china down first, bell up, and then the crash on top, bell up. That's how I play my Sabian Max Staxs, and they sound great.
    Yeah I think you're right, looks like that's how he plays it too, although I've only ever seen it from the top... Bell down on the China on the bottom could be interesting but I don't think it would fit on a normal cymbal stand. Guess you'd need an X-hat stand or something. And I think the friction must come from the edge of the China rubbing on the crash rather than the flat bit... I'll set up tomorrow and put some pictures up ��

7. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Not my most exciting US$360 purchase...

Attachment 522581
    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Wrong. Quite exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Can't wait to see what you're up to.
    ..add another ADP-30 and two more ADP-20, much fun!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

8. Registered User

I've got a spare 3 way pearl adapter sitting in a drawer. If you want it I can post it down to you

9. Because, @#ck you.

I just bought two PCX100's and two PCX200's so I feel ya on the exciting part....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

10. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    I've got a spare 3 way pearl adapter sitting in a drawer. If you want it I can post it down to you
    I could have taken yours..

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    I just bought two PCX100's and two PCX200's so I feel ya on the exciting part....
    and could have sent you some of those!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

11. Drummer since 1963

Delivery tomorrow.

12. Because, @#ck you.

...and could have sent you some of those!
    By the time I paid customs on it I'd probably take a loss.... Appreciate the thought tho!!!

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha