Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 344 of 344 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344
Results 4,117 to 4,122 of 4122
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Pearl BC-830, C-830, S-830 and Wing-locks. Changing my gigging hardware from the Natal Pro stands (great, but way heavy, my hardware bag is a 2 man lift at the moment) so going back to the Pearl stuff (apart from my Natal HH stand), solid, but lighter. Also they pack down smaller for my new HW bag, the small 28" Protection Racket wheeled model.
    Rush,

Good plan. I like using the light Pearl hardware too.

One nice thing is that the parts are interchangeable. I bought a set of the Pearl Flat base hardware but replaced the top sections with 1030 tilters to make them more adjustable. It all fits in the 28" Protection Racket case too.

MM
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Rush,

Good plan. I like using the light Pearl hardware too.

One nice thing is that the parts are interchangeable. I bought a set of the Pearl Flat base hardware but replaced the top sections with 1030 tilters to make them more adjustable. It all fits in the 28" Protection Racket case too.

MM
    It is ideal, I was going to go with the flat based, but I only use 2 stands anyway, one has my tom (or on occasion 2) clamped to it, and a splash now and again, and the other has a modified CH-70, with an 830 knurled boom in it (I find the CH70's boom has a tendency to slip with it being just chromed tube) holing an 18" crash way back over the floor tom. I just didn't think the flat based stands could withstand that. My Grandad has the 2 flat based stands (same setup as me, with the straight stand substituting the CH-70), but uses a BC-830 for his tom too.
    Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

3 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

3. Registered User

It is ideal, I was going to go with the flat based, but I only use 2 stands anyway, one has my tom (or on occasion 2) clamped to it, and a splash now and again, and the other has a modified CH-70, with an 830 knurled boom in it (I find the CH70's boom has a tendency to slip with it being just chromed tube) holing an 18" crash way back over the floor tom. I just didn't think the flat based stands could withstand that. My Grandad has the 2 flat based stands (same setup as me, with the straight stand substituting the CH-70), but uses a BC-830 for his tom too.
    I think you're right.

If you only have two stands and they aren't dedicated to one cymbal each, it's probably better not to use the Flat Base stands.

Other than sometimes attaching a PPS-37 with a cowbell or tambourine, I don't use the Flat Base stands for anything but a cymbal.

4. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    I think you're right.

If you only have two stands and they aren't dedicated to one cymbal each, it's probably better not to use the Flat Base stands.

Other than sometimes attaching a PPS-37 with a cowbell or tambourine, I don't use the Flat Base stands for anything but a cymbal.
    Exactly my thoughts MM. It makes my gigging hardware much more versatile, allowing the addition of extra cymbals, drums or accessories. And the 830 series was at a lower price point, which really sealed the deal, as did the gearless cymbal tilters, a favourite feature on the previous Natals, and the gearless snare angle, a feature that the Natal version needed, but didn't have. My only issue is the lack of memory locks, but i've got some spare 7/8" ones, its just the smaller ones and boom arm locks that would be useful (and some that would work are available from Gibraltar)
    Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

3 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

5. Registered User

Exactly my thoughts MM. It makes my gigging hardware much more versatile, allowing the addition of extra cymbals, drums or accessories. And the 830 series was at a lower price point, which really sealed the deal, as did the gearless cymbal tilters, a favourite feature on the previous Natals, and the gearless snare angle, a feature that the Natal version needed, but didn't have. My only issue is the lack of memory locks, but i've got some spare 7/8" ones, its just the smaller ones and boom arm locks that would be useful (and some that would work are available from Gibraltar)
    If you search on eBay, you should be able to find the Pearl stop locks. I bought a bunch of the 5/8" and 7/8" that I needed last year. There are a couple of sellers that specialize in the parts. Check Salt City Drums and Allied Music.

MM

6. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

I'm loving this 20" crash! And this sample pad is pretty fun as well.

Aside from having my 14" FT and changing my heads this is my gig setup for tonight

Name:  image-2005843125.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  101.3 KB