Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 369 of 369 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369
Results 4,417 to 4,423 of 4423
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad.Seed View Post
    Scored a Mapex Saturn pro maple/Walnut fusion kit w/ matching snare, full compliment of Mapex hardware, and pearl roadster throne for $550 tonight! Kit is is excellent shape, just needs new batter heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Dude- that’s unreal. I’m no Mapex fan but that’s a total SCORE.
    Agreed!
    You may want to verify the inner ply though. The very early Saturns had maple/basswood shells, not maple/walnut. They did release the maple/walnut shells with the old gold badge for at least 1 year before they moved to the silver badges. It is easy to tell the difference - basswood is very light, almost the same color as maple. Walnut is a dark wood and there is a strong contrast between it and the outer maple plies.
    The early Saturns did sound very good though, so it is a solid kit either way!

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    long island, NY
    Posts
    724

    Default

    A new used Pearl MHX mahogany classic limited edition 13x11 tom. Anyone interested in trading their 13" super hoops for a pair of 13" master cast?

    Name:  13x11.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  102.6 KB
    [SIGPIC]

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzd View Post
    Agreed!
    You may want to verify the inner ply though. The very early Saturns had maple/basswood shells, not maple/walnut. They did release the maple/walnut shells with the old gold badge for at least 1 year before they moved to the silver badges. It is easy to tell the difference - basswood is very light, almost the same color as maple. Walnut is a dark wood and there is a strong contrast between it and the outer maple plies.
    The early Saturns did sound very good though, so it is a solid kit either way!

    I actually made the seller send me pictures of the inside ply in order to verify that it was Walnut and not Basswood, and it's Walnut. If it were basswood, I probably wouldn't have purchased them, just because every review I read said that the basswood sounded good, but not as good as the walnut kits.
    Kits:
    Pearl Prestige Session Select
    Pearl Session Custom Maple
    Pearl Vision Birch SST
    Pearl Vision Artisan II
    Mapex Mars Crossover
    Sonor Force 2007

  4. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Just scored a second hand F.A.T. KAT Trigger pedal to replace the Yamaha KU100 i've used for a while. I may even use both of them. It's going straight into the back of my octapad, and i'm sure will find many uses.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    You and me both. $450 of hardware was returned. I guess it was my fault for ordering an entire setup before I knew it was compatible. But I never found any post on the internet about the atlas hardware not being compatible with pearl bass drum lugs. It seemed like a sure bet. That is how I should have known it wasn't going to work.
    Thought you might be interested in this. New Inde mount.

  6. Thwunk

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnice View Post
    A new used Pearl MHX mahogany classic limited edition 13x11 tom. Anyone interested in trading their 13" super hoops for a pair of 13" master cast?

    Name:  13x11.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  102.6 KB
    Wow! Was just talking about these on another thread, absolutely beautiful!
    HHX hats, K crashes, Bosphorus & Agop rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Classic Maple 8x14, Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14, Acrolite 5x14
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute (plum lacquer) / Pearl Masters Birch/Premier APK Jellybean Kit

  7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    17,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Thought you might be interested in this. New Inde mount.
    Nice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •