Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 417 of 452 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427 ... LastLast
Results 4,993 to 5,004 of 5423
  1. Registered User

I have a 5 x14 Noble and Cooley Tulipwood snare drum in transit. I have a few Noble and Cooley snares ( Maple SS; Walnut SS and Walnut Ply) and I have long admired the Tulipwood SS snares made by Noble and Cooley. They have a thicker attack than maple with great dept and mid range. They don't have the more articulate attack and richness of walnut but the Tulipwood has it's own charms.

Update - added a pic of the Tulipwood now that it has arrived. A real winner for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RickP; 01-13-2019 at 05:45 PM.

2. Registered User

Swapped my TRS Custom drums kit for the pictured Noble and Cooley CD Maples kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

3. Mirkko DeMaio

Sold my Zildjian K Sweet Ride 23" (which I really don't use) in order to take this famous Zildjian K Custom Dry Complex Ⅱ Ride 24" - Let's see what this guy will bring to my drumming ��

Name:  50504669_10157479730524523_8399907139832774656_n.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  58.0 KB
    Drummer for THE FLOWER KINGS & MIND KEY

http://www.Facebook.com/MirkkoDeMaioFanPage

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by RickP View Post
    Swapped my TRS Custom drums kit for the pictured Noble and Cooley CD Maples kit.
    I have major respect for N&C. Brady, N&C, and GMS are the forefathers of when custom meant boutique. Unfortunately, when the big companies started offer custom kits to everyone, like Pearl Masterworks, it took a major hit. Then the clones and the OCDP & SJC and the like companies took yet another hit, both never got the true respect they both deserve.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I have major respect for N&C. Brady, N&C, and GMS are the forefathers of when custom meant boutique. Unfortunately, when the big companies started offer custom kits to everyone, like Pearl Masterworks, it took a major hit. Then the clones and the OCDP & SJC and the like companies took yet another hit, both never got the true respect they both deserve.
    What separates a Noble and Cooley from a MW? Serious question.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I've heard of many, many issues with Pearl's QC. I know the customer service is supposed to be great, but that doesn't change how many issues I've seen pop up on Pearl gear. The first/only (so far anyway) issue I've heard of someone having with N&C was just recently. Apparently, the finish beneath the lacquer of a 30 year old kit had started 'checking'.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    Apparently, the finish beneath the lacquer of a 30 year old kit had started 'checking'.
    LOL...a delayed defect.hmmmm what a scam (sarcasm switch on) .....LOL!!
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    I've heard of many, many issues with Pearl's QC. I know the customer service is supposed to be great, but that doesn't change how many issues I've seen pop up on Pearl gear. The first/only (so far anyway) issue I've heard of someone having with N&C was just recently. Apparently, the finish beneath the lacquer of a 30 year old kit had started 'checking'.
    You are referring to my kit that I pictured above. The checking is noticeable from up close but from two feet it isn’t. This was not a deal breaker for me because the kit sounds fantastic. I have a N&C Horizon kit and the finish is perfect as are the four N&C snare drums I own. I may get this kit refinished one day, but for now I will just play it.

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Today I have no idea. Back in the day, they were one of the first and the big dogs started copying them.

For me, Pearl’s weight of their lugs makes the drums really heavy.

10. Playing since 1976

Today I have no idea. Back in the day, they were one of the first and the big dogs started copying them.

The Reference line has heavy shells, with heavy hardware, including lugs. However, some of their drums have small, lightweight lugs.

Name:  pearl-masterworks-24-13-16-18-tamo-ash-1.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  363.7 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. Registered User

The original Reference lugs were bulky and heavy, but the STL (Reference Pure) lugs are not.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

12. Drumming Since 1943

So... the weight of the drum is what influences your respect level?
    Way Too Much Crap