Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Session Series

1. Pearl does it for me

Hmm not trying to be horrible, but if that was the size shells you wanted, you could have let the Sessions go to someone who wanted those depths.

You're destroying some history if you get them cut down.
    Sure, as the owner, that's your right!
    But you are asking and discussing in the vintage section, where we love vintage, original shells for what they are
    Which is freakin awesome.

Before you decide they need chopping down to play them, have you put new heads on them and given them a decent amount of play time?

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 3pearlkits View Post
    Hmm not trying to be horrible, but if that was the size shells you wanted, you could have let the Sessions go to someone who wanted those depths.

You're destroying some history if you get them cut down.
    Sure, as the owner, that's your right!
    But you are asking and discussing in the vintage section, where we love vintage, original shells for what they are
    Which is freakin awesome.

Before you decide they need chopping down to play them, have you put new heads on them and given them a decent amount of play time?
    They are still being shipped, should arrive anyday now.....Ok I will play them first, and see if I like them.

3. Registered User

Hi everyone! Iím new here. I just wanted verification for my 98-7-98 pearl session series(If Iím correct). Hopefully someone can help me verify 
    I checked the 97-98 catalog which has the same badge as mine and states that it is maple and mahogany- is my research right?

Another issue is why do mine come with ISS wherein the catalog states that only the prestige session select have ISS mounts and session series donít? is it a case of putting the wrong badge at production?

im getting an error attaching the photos so i'm putting a google drive link i hope someone can help me verify

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ko?usp=sharing

4. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Welcome to forum .. you are correct but confused with series .. your kit IS a Prestige Session Select since it's Wine Red Lacquered and came with ISS mounts .. the Session series were wrapped and didn't come with ISS mounts .. they had through the shell mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by paolodejesus View Post
    Hi everyone! I’m new here. I just wanted verification for my 98-7-98 pearl session series.I checked the 97-98 catalog which has the same badge as mine and states that it is maple and mahogany- is my research right?

Another issue is why do mine come with ISS wherein the catalog states that only the prestige session select have ISS mounts and session series don’t? is it a case of putting the wrong badge at production?

5. Rockin' the Cosmos..

no problem ... actually it's a Prestige session .. bass drum spurs aren't sp-30's like on the prestige session select which came with better features over the sessions and prestige sessions ... badge would be correct for prestige session but having ISS mounts makes no sense since only the prestige session select came with them .. only thing I can think of is it was special ordered that way, which you could do for decades
    thank you sir,

so its like a wrong badge placed on my kit? coz it only says "session series" on the badge of my kit
    Last edited by BadAstronaut; 09-10-2018 at 09:07 PM.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    no problem ... actually it's a Prestige session .. bass drum spurs aren't sp-30's like on the prestige session select which came with better features over the sessions and prestige sessions ... badge would be correct for prestige session but having ISS mounts makes no sense since only the prestige session select came with them .. only thing I can think of is it was special ordered that way, which you could do for decades
    i was thinking that too, probably ordered with iss mounting. thanks again

7. Rockin' the Cosmos..

The Sessions (wrapped) and Prestige Sessions (lacquered) used same badge (one you have) .. the Prestige Session Select (lacquered) had "Prestige Session Select" written on badge, had a different ply shell and had different features than the previous two .. Having three different series in the Session line was kinda confusing .. haha
    i was thinking that too, probably ordered with iss mounting. thanks again

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    The Sessions (wrapped) and Prestige Sessions (lacquered) used same badge (one you have) .. the Prestige Session Select (lacquered) had "Prestige Session Select" written on badge, had a different ply shell and had different features than the previous two .. Having three different series in the Session line was kinda confusing .. haha
    As the man says...PSS was the top session kit at the time, next one up was the Masters but my wallet just wouldn't stretch.

Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

9. Registered User

Name:  Phone Pics 4 15 2017 492.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  58.0 KB

What can you tell me about this kit? (Unfortunately it is only a picture of the badge on one of the toms - the poor things haven't been out of their cases in three years). I can't find anything about the year or the finish... As you can see these are 6 ply birch. It's a 7 piece single bass kit.

10. Pearl does it for me

^ Look here:
    http://catweb.tgtel.com/

From the 2004 general catalogue and then more recently until you find it

Welcome to the forum