Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 37 to 46 of 46
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In the land of Bubba's
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Wolfford View Post
    I've used "The Paulie Method"' with my chrome hardware and it never fails to bring it back to life. No doubt it works as Todd's kits always look pristine and fresh as the day he got them. In fact, I spoke with Paulie last night and told him that his formula continues to make people happy!
    Awesome man, I'm glad you got to talk to him and tell him how much difference it is made for a bunch of us.
    Jeff Wald Masterworks Artisan: Red Bubinga Burstwith Gold Hardware

  2. Mountain Man

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Puyallup, WA
    Posts
    3,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Wolfford View Post
    I've used "The Paulie Method"' with my chrome hardware and it never fails to bring it back to life. No doubt it works as Todd's kits always look pristine and fresh as the day he got them.

    In fact, I spoke with Paulie last night and told him that his formula continues to make people happy!
    Good to know! My new Saturns have "smokey chrome" hardware, and it's picking up mad fingerprints already!
    Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In the land of Bubba's
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    I mixed a small batch in a spray bottle last nite to touch up a few spots as I changed a few heads. Granted, they didn't soak in it, but it still was great for "touch up"
    Jeff Wald Masterworks Artisan: Red Bubinga Burstwith Gold Hardware

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    92

    Default

    All the pics disappeared. I remember seeing them before, but now that I need to show this to someone there are no pics.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    In the land of Bubba's
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanHate View Post
    All the pics disappeared. I remember seeing them before, but now that I need to show this to someone there are no pics.
    That's weird b/c I can still see them all. I'm using chrome. haha, get it - "chrome"?! on a "gold" cleaning thread!! ok, i'll be quiet now...

    Oh, but yes, they are all still there
    Jeff Wald Masterworks Artisan: Red Bubinga Burstwith Gold Hardware

  6. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wald View Post
    That's weird b/c I can still see them all. I'm using chrome. haha, get it - "chrome"?! on a "gold" cleaning thread!! ok, i'll be quiet now...

    Oh, but yes, they are all still there
    Yo Jeff! Long time no see... how is the new car?

    Anyhoo... the pictures were gone (temporarily), but they are back now.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Reverb Listings ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay Auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE


  7. PDF Renaissance man!

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wald View Post
    That's weird b/c I can still see them all. I'm using chrome. haha, get it - "chrome"?! on a "gold" cleaning thread!! ok, i'll be quiet now...

    Oh, but yes, they are all still there
    Jeff! Great to have you back here, It's been a while. Always loved the great pics of your kit, definitely one of my favourites on the forum.
    More drums than you can shake a stick at...
    https://www.charliesmithdrummer.com

    Also a Podcaster - Groovecast

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Jeff! Great to have you back here, It's been a while. Always loved the great pics of your kit, definitely one of my favourites on the forum.
    It's even weirder because I was also using chrome that day, but now they're back.

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,094

    Default

    Drummeric,

    Did you consider lacquering the gold hardware after it was cleaned?
    2020 Masterworks / Matte Black Mist

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 6.5x13 SD

    2021 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / Bright Champagne Halo

    16x16 KD (verticle), 5x10 SD, 5x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Cleveland suburb
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thanks for posting drummeric! I've had my gold hardware over 10 years and have only dry wiped them clean. I like the results of your process! The gold looks so great with your beautiful Wine Red drums! In hindsight, I wish that I never would have gotten the gold hardware. So difficult and expensive to add or replace stands, etc!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •