Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Does that girl have... a napkin stuck in her left ear?
    I hate to perpetuate the off-topic-ness, but presumably a wadded bit of paper is better than no hearing protection at all.

On-topic, I actually like Peter Criss. He does enough to serve the songs, and KISS had a lot of great songs.

2. Natural Finish Army

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanhoey View Post
    On-topic, I actually like Peter Criss. He does enough to serve the songs, and KISS had a lot of great songs.
    I second that....................

3. Registered User

I just finished Paul Stanley's new autobiography. He basically calls Peter a troglodyte in it and said they had to teach him his drum parts as if he were a dog learning a new trick. I could not believe he was so negative towards Peter.

4. Registered User

Here's another photo. Notice the front kick head missing (bottom photo), that's because they were recording Alive IIATTACH=CONFIG]470237[/ATTACH]
    Name:  PC 77.jpg
Views: 3367
Size:  49.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Stevesmithfan; 06-25-2014 at 02:37 PM.

5. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by phips View Post
    I second that....................
    I agree as well. His parts fit the music and he was a huge inspiration to a lot of current rock and metal drummers. He also seemed like a nice guy. I love some of the early KISS stuff but I've always thought Gene and Paul were egotistical jerks. To me, the personality in KISS always came from Peter and Ace and it makes me mad that Gene and Paul act like those guys don't matter.

Love these pictures of Peter's 1970s kits by the way!
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Stranjluv101 View Post
    Thanks for those specs. I grew up a major KISS fan. I was 6 years old in '79 when I saw Judas Priest open for them in West Virginia. It was my first concert.
    Lot of great shows at the old Veterans Memorial Field House.

I bought Peters book the day it came out. He did his fair share of blasting Gene and Paul. Honestly, those 2 appear to be pretty much pricks anyway.
    I'd like to read Aces' book as well.

Peter got a lot of guys and gals my age to play the drums.

7. Bad Girlfriend

Those were the days when Concert Toms Ruled!
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

8. Registered User

As a big kiss fan, I can tell you that he probably only used about 5 of those drums.

Eric Carr - BIG IMPROVEMENT

Sent from my iPhone using : Pearl Drums App
    [COLOR="#800000"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Pearl Export Pro Series EPX Player

9. Registered User

Though he did what he needed to in those early years !!
    I think Peter was out of his comfort zone with KISS...he was always more into jazz than rock.

Decent drummer when in correct setting

Sent from my iPhone using : Pearl Drums App
    [COLOR="#800000"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Pearl Export Pro Series EPX Player

10. Mountain Man

Quote Originally Posted by alanpied View Post
    Though he did what he needed to in those early years !! I think Peter was out of his comfort zone with KISS...he was always more into jazz than rock. Decent drummer when in correct setting Sent from my iPhone using : Pearl Drums App
    You think Peter would have been comfortable in a jazz setting? No way LOL! Peter's best contribution was his vocals; he absolutely kills it on black diamond!
    Mapex Saturn V in deep water ash burl: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/a...p?albumid=1218

11. Paiste-oholic

Quote Originally Posted by MGRushFan View Post
    I just finished Paul Stanley's new autobiography. He basically calls Peter a troglodyte in it and said they had to teach him his drum parts as if he were a dog learning a new trick. I could not believe he was so negative towards Peter.
    I started Paul's book, but I tired of hearing him whine about his birth defect. "WHAH! THE OTHER KIDS DON'T LIKE ME, WHAH"

I have read Peter's, and I probably liked his the most, along with Ace's. Peter talking about growing up on the streets did get old though.

12. Natural Finish Army

I'm not sure if I want to read any of the books. Sometimes it's best not to know. Everything that has been said and done up to this point, paints a clear picture what KISS has been all about. I just assume take them for what they are, and have been to me, through out the years. I will always be a KISS fan.