Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

https://youtu.be/BUibOVjlSn4

This is good for laughs, especially the comments.

2. drums,hockey&Shiva

trust me, this is not the end of KISS, as soon as $immons sees his bank account drop ever so slightly, he will be back out again, even if he has androids playing for Peter and Ace

3. Registered User

Lol I cant believe someone brought up Lars... Oh man. Regardless though thats a monster kit and I'm sure each "concert tom" had a very specific tune. Put any progressive rock drummer behind that kit and I'm sure they would kill it. But in his own right Peter Criss did his thing, made lots of money. Rubbed shoulders with big names in the music industry along with Hollywood. Kiss was an ingenious gimmick with the black leather, crazy face paint, and who can forget Gene Simmons tounge.. Dude could of French kissed two ladies at the same time. Time to hit up youtube to find out more about Mr. Criss's drum kit. I just watched a special on Bonham and was blown away at the time signatures Led Zepplin played. Here my dumb self thoughtt Rush, Dream Theater, or Jazz music was the only types to do such a thing. Makes me have to break out my vinyal.

4. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    https://youtu.be/BUibOVjlSn4

This is good for laughs, especially the comments.
    funny as hell lol.

Peter Criss was such a bad drummer that you hired him and kept him in the band for 10 years. Makes perfect sense to me.

The whole band sucks. They played jew commerce and money. Toys comic books. They were never musicians. They played the mentality of the people at the time. These days they would be laughed off the stage. I have been playing for 30+ years and have met musicians that would put these money hungry wanna be so called musicians to shame. Bull**** only gets you so far.

LOL

Peter Criss maybe not the best drummer ever but the best vocal sound in the band Kiss. Black Diamond and Hard Luck Woman are ****ing excellent in vocal. Total raspy and raw vocal sound make those two songs my favorite Kiss songs. Here's to the Cat Man
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Registered User

It would've been nice if the original KISS line up would've held together all these years. I'm not talking about anyone members playability just the fact that of them remaining a band. In the Band Together forever type sense.

For whatever reason, same goes for GnR - Van Halen - Cre. Some bands can have a revolving door ( Ozzy ) and it doesn't make much difference. And some, the fans just like the original line up. Look at Metallica. Those guys would've been happy with Cliff forever. Or would they? Had Cliff not died would they still be a band?

Or Zep. Had Bonham not died would they trudge on long past their expiration date.

I always like Peter Criss. Reading his book he blames this and that but then he admits the 'Caine was making a lot of decisions. Then he goes back and blames other things again.

Had he stayed with KISS and had to play all those years he'd become a better drummer.

Cre did. They all became better musicians.

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    It would've been nice if the original KISS line up would've held together all these years. I'm not talking about anyone members playability just the fact that of them remaining a band. In the Band Together forever type sense.

For whatever reason, same goes for GnR - Van Halen - Cre. Some bands can have a revolving door ( Ozzy ) and it doesn't make much difference. And some, the fans just like the original line up. Look at Metallica. Those guys would've been happy with Cliff forever. Or would they? Had Cliff not died would they still be a band?

Or Zep. Had Bonham not died would they trudge on long past their expiration date.

I always like Peter Criss. Reading his book he blames this and that but then he admits the 'Caine was making a lot of decisions. Then he goes back and blames other things again.

Had he stayed with KISS and had to play all those years he'd become a better drummer.

Um...
    Way Too Much Crap

7. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post

my take is that,paul and gene shouldn't had hired criss to start with.....reading paul's comments about his playing,even after years playing the same songs over and over again with 0 improvements over time, he was more than probably not very good from the word go. so why he inherited the job ? ; i'm convinced there was much better players available at that time.....willing to disguise at every show? probably not...

i like paul saying the truth without insulting anyone openly,in a raw manner. the factor emerging very clearly for me,is that they started with the concept aiming at clinching money money,only that,to make money.they were willing to ANYTHING to reach their goal,which was making A LOT of cash. they climbed off at the right moment with the make up,and costumes...i remember ,back in the days,most of the musicians were laughing at them ,kiss was considered as pop rock puppets ,they were shocking ; but over anything,they were teasing people's curiosity in the pure business meaning,and back then,it meant $$$$$$.if they were to start from scratch again in 2019,they wouldn't be able to even make half a penny .they wouldn't even get any kind of attention.

kiss mean opportunity.they were very average musicians ,but they were also opportunists with a sens of business and timing,and today,they are uncommonly rich,true rock stars .

then,the make up thing made possible for them to keep an open door for any post in the band: who is hidden behind the costume-make up? who cares ?

reading the book,i'm guessing they kept peter criss by pity for the longest time possible...but at some point,there was so much animosity feeded by criss that they had to get rid of him for the well being of the band.....on the
    other hand,criss can cry a river as much as he feel alike,he's still rich because of his years with kiss.he still run every months to the bank cashing royalties . i'm not even sure that eric singer owns some shares of the band.he's probably paid on a contractual basis. criss is running away with a monthly check for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by rollracer; 06-07-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes