Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
  1. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Kiss sells so many licensed items, they should add these to the list. I'm sure they could sell dozens of these, both miniature and full size!
    When their KISS "EOTR" tour is finally over, they should unload their SoCal KISS warehouse that has stuff in there from early 70's to present. They'd make a bundle.

KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    When their KISS "EOTR" tour is finally over, they should unload their SoCal KISS warehouse that has stuff in there from early 70's to present. They'd make a bundle.
    And because of that, you can be sure they will do precisely what you just described.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Kiss sells so many licensed items, they should add these to the list. I'm sure they could sell dozens of these, both miniature and full size!

one of my ex bassman is a die hard kiss fan.he,s been in numerous tribute.

he own a very nice gene simmons costume he paid thousands for...also,he collect everything kiss..when i say everything it is really everything.

amazing the amount of different items who got comercialized by simmons : ashtrays,statuettes, miniature cars, playing cards,sculptures,jewels,masks...pffft, you name it,it exist lol.

in his home, he has 2 bedrooms full of kiss items ,and he could fill another room. thousands of dollars worth of kiss stuff .

he
    even owns the bass axe simmons played
    briefly (i guess,i'm not knowledgeable in that department ) LOLOLOL!!
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    one of my ex bassman is a die hard kiss fan.he,s been in numerous tribute.

he own a very nice gene simmons costume he paid thousands for...also,he collect everything kiss..when i say everything it is really everything.

amazing the amount of different items who got comercialized by simmons : ashtrays,statuettes, miniature cars, playing cards,sculptures,jewels,masks...pffft, you name it,it exist lol.

in his home, he has 2 bedrooms full of kiss items ,and he could fill another room. thousands of dollars worth of kiss stuff .

he
    even owns the bass axe simmons played
    briefly (i guess,i'm not knowledgeable in that department ) LOLOLOL!!
    It sounds equal to the Elvis shrines of the previous generation’s rock god.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    It sounds equal to the Elvis shrines of the previous generation’s rock god.
    I’d say it’s worse.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. life start at 125bpm

well...simmons created a legend ; he made sure that for some,kiss would becomes a way of living, like it was for many fans VS elvis : the true die hard fans identify to anything kiss : they listen to kiss all the time,they collect tees,CD's, bootlegs...and when it's not enough,they then start collecting items,any objects related to their ''heros''.

simmons did like some co's did for elvis,he know the core of kiss die hard fans is very large, he worked very hard along the years to build it ; so , selling items with their logo is something that goes hand in hand with the desire of making money , no matter how....and simmons alwaus said that for him,cash was ,and is still his no1 motivation : he created his empire via the need people have to identify themself to something special,magical ,which make them special to their own eyes. it is so simple when you think bout it.

in the case of my friend LOUIE,he liked to disguise , playing kiss music. he knows the whole discography on the bass on its fingertips. he made quite some money playing in tribute bands. he was doin the fire spitting thing, drooling blood,they were deploying pyros on every stage they were investing....and he was acting on stage exactly like the real thing lol...i have nothing against that! he was having fun,and the people who were attending their shows were delighted to see a copy of the real thing.

these days he contemplate his collection of kiss stuff, his son is learning to play guitar, they share their passion for music,and of course he teach kiss music to his son......simmons succeeded with louie ; he did exactly what simmons hoped for when he started to create the kiss legend trough out his costumes,items, and the '''you want the best you get the best'''.i'm sure there's hundreds of thousands of fans like louie who collect kiss stuff eagerly, thinking they're a part of the legendary movement,the kiss army!!
    Last edited by rollracer; 05-05-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

7. Registered User

@Rollracer.

Same with me. I created a cd of my favorite Ace Frehley songs. Play it in the car with my 4yo daughter. She’ll get in and say “play the Hard Times!” I’ll catch her around the house singing “Save Your Love.” Of course we duet on New York Groove. My band does Shock Me, and she goes nuts.

Warms my heart.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Track12 View Post
    @Rollracer. Same with me. I created a cd of my favorite Ace Frehley songs. Play it in the car with my 4yo daughter. She’ll get in and say “play the Hard Times!” I’ll catch her around the house singing “Save Your Love.” Of course we duet on New York Groove. My band does Shock Me, and she goes nuts. Warms my heart.
    Shock Me is the best KISS song ever! Love Ace. His solo album was the first vinyl LP I ever bought. My own money too. I was maybe 11. I still have it!

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Shock Me is the best KISS song ever! Love Ace. His solo album was the first vinyl LP I ever bought. My own money too. I was maybe 11. I still have it!
    So true. Shock Me is Kiss at their best.

Anton Fig is just out of this world amazing on the Ace solo album. Rip it Out! Snowblind! Ozone!

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Track12 View Post
    So true. Shock Me is Kiss at their best.

Anton Fig is just out of this world amazing on the Ace solo album. Rip it Out! Snowblind! Ozone!
    Ace's solo album is the kind where I just let it play, and enjoy. All of the songs on that record are great... even the instrumental "Fractured Mirror" at the end. Love Gun and Rock and Roll Over are my two favorite Kiss albums.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. Registered User

Love Gun and Destroyer are my favorite KISS albums and favorite artwork. Couple of the best album artwork of any out there. IMO!

I wish they'd remaster Aces solo album. Great music but the sound production is dated.

12. life start at 125bpm

i'm in no way a kiss fan,but detroit rock city....i'm never tired to hear it.

knowing me,when kiss will retire for good,i will probably start to browse their discography,and then will suddenly becomes a finished fan LOL
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's