Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default what color is this forum?

hi im new to the forum (well not really, signed up some time ago but this is my first post ). I'd like to find out what's the exact name for this color on my Forum kit. i got this kit second-hand like 9 years ago when i was a kid and only recently did i bother to find out more about it. lol
    i've been browsing the Forum section but cant seem to find a similar color to this, although i did find a similar model which is from the mid-90s. hope you can help me

Name:  IMG_3037.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  73.3 KB

2. There really is a Kalamazoo!

Looks like "white" to me. Of course it has yellowed a bit over time, which isn't unusual.

Sent from my Starclassic snare.
    I own or have owned drums and cymbals made by every major manufacturer. My go-to kit is a DW Collectors series set.

3. #38 Stainless Steel

Here's your kit. 1996 Forum Series. Available in #31 Jet Black, #33 Pure White and #88 Cardinal Red. Yours appears to have been #33 Pure White, at some point. Now it can pass for #106 Antique Ivory, an exclusive lacquer finish only available on the last runs of the GLX "gripper lug" series drums. Cool!
    1982 Maxwin DLX705 in #55 Silver Flash
    1994 SX "Session Series" in #38 Stainless Steel
    1990 CZX "Custom Z" in #130 Champagne
    1991 SZX "CZX Studio" in #133 Crimson Quartz
    1986 SC "Syncussion X" in black

4. Registered User

thanks for the help. its cool to see what 18 years could do to pure white. lol im very much in love with its "aged" look but its nice to see what it sort of looked like before cos when i got this kit, it was already pretty off white.

5. #38 Stainless Steel

If you like the look, be careful with that wrap. Chances are, the same weathering that made it ivory, also made it brittle.
    1982 Maxwin DLX705 in #55 Silver Flash
    1994 SX "Session Series" in #38 Stainless Steel
    1990 CZX "Custom Z" in #130 Champagne
    1991 SZX "CZX Studio" in #133 Crimson Quartz
    1986 SC "Syncussion X" in black

6. Registered User

so far i haven't had any problems with the wrap, it seems to be fine and wont be coming off any time soon. but you're right, now that you mention it, i will take extra care

7. Registered User

My first Export kit was white for a while, when I got nine piece, white went to closet for 4 years.
    Unfortunately , mine only "aged" on top half of bass drum!

Seems WHITE SNARE is what really give away that it's weathered. I say an older steel snare!

Wha-la Vintage!

8. Banned

They took away all our theme options, so I would say it's grey, black, and stupid orange.