Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
  1. Skeld-the -wicked

Beautiful drums iCe!
    Pearl Drums

2. PEARL EXX

Quote Originally Posted by iCe View Post
    Haven't posted in ages here, but thought i'd share some recent pics of my current setup

Attachment 519558

Attachment 519559
    Nice set but I donít understand the cymbals with what looks like upside down cymbals on them. Which one do you hit? (I know some players think itís a dumb question)

3. FKA Tasty808

Quote Originally Posted by NO DRUMS View Post
    Nice set but I don’t understand the cymbals with what looks like upside down cymbals on them. Which one do you hit? (I know some players think it’s a dumb question)
    Either one!

4. Registered User

Nice set but I donít understand the cymbals with what looks like upside down cymbals on them. Which one do you hit? (I know some players think itís a dumb question)
    If you're not familiar with the concept, there are no dumb questions
    It's called 'piggybacking' cymbals. You put 2 or more cymbals on one stand/cymbal arm this way. It's a cheap solution to add more sounds to your set without having to get a separate cymbal arm.
    I mount the splashes the normal way with the bell up. Then i put a cymbal felt on top of it and put the accent cymbal with the bell down above it (with another felt and then add the wingnut). It's not intended to hit both cymbals at the same time.
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

5. PEARL EXX

If you're not familiar with the concept, there are no dumb questions
    It's called 'piggybacking' cymbals. You put 2 or more cymbals on one stand/cymbal arm this way. It's a cheap solution to add more sounds to your set without having to get a separate cymbal arm.
    I mount the splashes the normal way with the bell up. Then i put a cymbal felt on top of it and put the accent cymbal with the bell down above it (with another felt and then add the wingnut). It's not intended to hit both cymbals at the same time.
    ok, thanks for the information. It does look nice. Just wondering about the cymbals that are upside down, does it have the same sound as if it was upright? Asking because most people say listen to a cymbal before you purchase it so you will know if you are going to like the sound but I have not seen sales of cymbals in stores in that format.

6. Registered User

ok, thanks for the information. It does look nice. Just wondering about the cymbals that are upside down, does it have the same sound as if it was upright? Asking because most people say listen to a cymbal before you purchase it so you will know if you are going to like the sound but I have not seen sales of cymbals in stores in that format.
    These 2 cymbals are Paiste Accents; the 4" on top of the 8" splash and the 6" on top of the 10" splash. Considering their size they're thick cymbals and they can hold up being hit on the edge this way. I wouldn't recommend doing this with crash or splash cymbals though... probably the reason you won't see cymbals mounted this way in shops.
    Soundwise they're a bit more focused this way and give a more 'absolute' tone. Mounted the right way the cymbal opens up more and you'd get a more broader sound.
    Pearl BCX in Lava Bubinga | Pics
    22x18 (2), 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 14x6.5" Pearl Kapur snare drum

Pearl VBA in Dynamite Burst e-kit | Pics
    22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5.5 matching snare

7. PEARL EXX

These 2 cymbals are Paiste Accents; the 4" on top of the 8" splash and the 6" on top of the 10" splash. Considering their size they're thick cymbals and they can hold up being hit on the edge this way. I wouldn't recommend doing this with crash or splash cymbals though... probably the reason you won't see cymbals mounted this way in shops.
    Soundwise they're a bit more focused this way and give a more 'absolute' tone. Mounted the right way the cymbal opens up more and you'd get a more broader sound.
    Thanks and great information. Peace and Goodwill

8. Registered User

My new to me Pearl MCX. Glad to join the Masters army!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Jarman74; 05-22-2021 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Pics

9. A Passion Play ...

Welcome to the Forum. Beautiful drum kit. I know if
    Lonny was here he would say your going to love the
    way you sound. Thank you for showing us your MCX.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. Beautiful drum kit. I know if
    Lonny was here he would say your going to love the
    way you sound. Thank you for showing us your MCX.
    Thanks bro!!! If I could figure out how to post pics right side up!!!

11. Registered User

I enjoy seeing all the photos of these fabulous kits! I'm old...and my days of hauling the larger configurations around, loading them in, tearing down, and loading out are over. Just playing a basic 4-piece kit for most projects these days....and I love my Bop Kit! Factory photos do not do the finish justice... /Users/steve/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/24/00/2419/UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2419.jpg
    oldstroke in CA