Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Wow, absolutely phenomenal!! I had a six piece MLX in Sheer Blue before my Ref's. I should have kept it for studio purposes.... =(

2. Blücher!

Thanks, again, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by czx View Post
    Cool......... I was over there in North Park/Golden Hill for few years. Miss the vibe in SOME spots.
    Ha ha! Yeah, I live very close to the Golden Hill border. I like Golden Hill, actually (generally north of C Street). There are plenty of places I'd live there...and our money would've gone a lot further simply because of the Golden Hill location. Anyway, South Park is a nice balance between North Park and Golden Hill; a little quieter, but a quick walk/bike ride/drive to both places. We're digging it
    "It doesn't matter if it is good, it only matters if it rocks." -- Tenacious D.

The DLX
    The MLX
    Gretsch Broadkaster

3. Registered User

Makes me miss my BLX kit. I love the way you used the racks. It is very slick!

4. Registered User

Why have i missed this thread?? It looks awesome!

5. #38 Stainless Steel

Your DOTM entry made me revisit this thread. I think your rack would look better (stealthier) if you replace the front feet with a single cross bar. It might even end up being sturdy/stiff enough to do away with the rear feet, too. If the bass drum is lifted high enough at the front, the cross bar would be barely noticeable.
    1982 Maxwin DLX705 in #55 Silver Flash
    1994 SX "Session Series" in #38 Stainless Steel
    1990 CZX "Custom Z" in #130 Champagne
    1991 SZX "CZX Studio" in #133 Crimson Quartz
    1986 SC "Syncussion X" in black

6. Bad Girlfriend

Quote Originally Posted by korch View Post
    Makes me miss my BLX kit. I love the way you used the racks. It is very slick!
    You should get another one Charlie! You looked Great behind your Blue BLX! I see you got a Custom Kit.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

7. Registered User

One of the best uses of a rack I've seen period! Love those sizes, that arrangement and cymbal choices. Lovely lovely. Perfect example of old meets new.

Got me thinking now! *plotting fingers*
    Solo project: "Suicide Animals" - experimental death thrash industrial zombie noiz
    drums: Pearl Prestige Session Select in Carbon Mist
    hardware: all Pearl
    cymbals: Paiste (Signature, Sound Formula, RUDE, VISIONS, 2002, and Twenty Series)

"Everything you do is a reflection of you......"

8. Registered User

Absolutely beautiful kit! Looks so classy.

9. Looks That Kill

I love this kit! Reminds me of my recording customs, love the long lugs. I bet it sounds phenominal
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Bombay Sparkle
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black

10. Registered User

MARKNU1...first off let me say that I think your kit looks incredible. The white is very striking and with the "stealth" rack design it makes the drums so much more visible behind the hardware. I am curious though...you say you had them painted by a friend of yours that paints guitars...is your new finish a gloss finish or is it a satin finish. in the photos it is tough to tell but I am thinking the pearl in the paint makes it appears more satin than it truly is. The reason I am asking is I have been contemplating for a long time about refinishing my DLX kit in a pearl corvette yellow and I really want them to be a gloss finish..Once again you kit looks amazing...I sure hope you bought the beer at the end of the day!
    My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

11. Blücher!

Quote Originally Posted by oldbatterhead View Post
    MARKNU1...first off let me say that I think your kit looks incredible. The white is very striking and with the "stealth" rack design it makes the drums so much more visible behind the hardware. I am curious though...you say you had them painted by a friend of yours that paints guitars...is your new finish a gloss finish or is it a satin finish. in the photos it is tough to tell but I am thinking the pearl in the paint makes it appears more satin than it truly is. The reason I am asking is I have been contemplating for a long time about refinishing my DLX kit in a pearl corvette yellow and I really want them to be a gloss finish..Once again you kit looks amazing...I sure hope you bought the beer at the end of the day!
    Thanks! It IS actually a gloss finish. The pearl essence is in the undercoat, and provides a bit of sparkle to the overall finish, without being too sparkly. The final piece of the finish is a a gloss clear coat. The sparkly-ness and gloss are hard to capture in pictures; and exacerbated by my limited photography skills
    "It doesn't matter if it is good, it only matters if it rocks." -- Tenacious D.

The DLX
    The MLX
    Gretsch Broadkaster

12. Registered User

Default Pearl MLX

Quote Originally Posted by marknu1 View Post
    Well, I FINALLY got these all together. Some of you might remember that a while back I collected a number of MLX shells in various conditions, and mostly different colors. Here's that link: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...151-MLX-shells. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them at first. Eventually I decided to have a friend--a professional guitar painter, who also paints drums--do them up in pearlescent white. His work is incredible; I'm very lucky to know him. Anyway, after a move to a new home, and numerous months recovering from that, I finally got the last few pieces of this kit (Superhoops and heads), and this is the end result. Of course, I had to set up them for a quick shoot

Pearl MLX in pearlescent white:
    8x8
    10x8
    12x10
    14x12
    16x16
    20x14

14x5.5 Masters Custom Limited Edition snare in Tamo Ash

Hello,
    I have a white Pearl MLX kit with 10”, 12”, 14”, and 16” toms, and I am looking for a 8” rack tom to add to my kit. Do you know of any for sale?
    Thanks,
    John
    [email protected]